Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who 'couriers' heavy building material

Page 1 of 1
Hi,
I'm trying to figure out a way to move 11 tonne worth of retaining wall blocks from one house to my current build. Does anyone know what business to search for that does this type of thing?
Ideally i could load them onto pallets and then just have someone with a forklift and truck to transport.
I am adelaide based but any suggestions on how i find this service would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Hi there.
I have moved bricks before from one house to another- I just rang some transport companies close by and they will know who is set up for this.
You would ideally get them hand-loaded onto pallets first- something you can do or get someone willing to do labouring work. Then it depends on accessability. If the truch can get alongside the pallets they just need a hiab (like a truck-mounted crane) and they can lift them onto the truck- as long as the drop-off point is also truck-friendly. Otherwise you might need to use a carrier with a all terrain brick forklift (which you may have seen on brick trucks- they are chained onto the rear of the truck and are lowered down to alow them to dliver the bricks around building sites).
Just look in the yellow pages/google for adelaide transport companies.
I just had a look and found this one for you:
Colangelo Transport Pty Ltd
Leaders in brick transport commercial & domestic market. Brick & paving freight. Safe, efficient & reliable service.
Salisbury Plain SA 5109
ph: (08) 8250 5485

Cheers,
Dennis
Dennis,
Thanks for the information, it's exactly what I'm after. It looks like Colangelo is exactly what I need so i'll try and give them a call tommorrow along with a couple of other places.
I wasn't finding a lot and these guys hadn't come up in my searches.
Cheers!
Related
23/02/2024
Am I too heavy for the roof cavity?

General Discussion

Firstly, if your house is still under builder's warranty (10 years in Victoria) you should have no need to crawl into roof space but let the builder handle it, unless you…

28/11/2023
Heavy windows with bent reveals

Windows & Doors

What size are the windows, double or single glazed, can I have a pic of the full windows inside & out? If you can see packers please take a pic.

25/08/2023
Material theft from site

General Discussion

Different to what others have said but thanks for that insight.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum