Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

McDonald Jones Homes - The new thread

Page 720 of 723
Kery_deep
Hi All,
With our new home plans, we are requesting thus builder to provide a clear water provision close to the WC, with a plug no tap.
For this we were told they need to put a valve or liver or so to avoid contamination of water etc to the pipes. The cost quoted to us is $10,000 for 2 x WC to provide this provision. No Bidet to be fitted, only extend clear water pipes to get it close to the 2 x WC’s with a plug to avoid water flow.
How does the price sound for the job and what can be the price ?? Any advise ? All plans are finalised, this was requested after.
Thank you

Why do you need this?
You don’t want grey water to flush your toilet?
Hi, just wondering has anyone built the Lyndhurst in NSW that could let me know a rough starting price? We are in the Port Macquarie area.
Thanks
gogo65
Kery_deep
Hi All,
With our new home plans, we are requesting thus builder to provide a clear water provision close to the WC, with a plug no tap.
For this we were told they need to put a valve or liver or so to avoid contamination of water etc to the pipes. The cost quoted to us is $10,000 for 2 x WC to provide this provision. No Bidet to be fitted, only extend clear water pipes to get it close to the 2 x WC’s with a plug to avoid water flow.
How does the price sound for the job and what can be the price ?? Any advise ? All plans are finalised, this was requested after.
Thank you

Why do you need this?
You don’t want grey water to flush your toilet?

Hi,
Grey water for the toilet.
An additional point for a hand spray. The builder charging 10k.
has anyone built with Jones down the south coast on NSW, if so what experiences have you had?
Hi guys,

New member here! Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but if not please point me in the right direction!

Myself and my fiancee are looking at building and owning our first ever home. We currently rent in a McDonald Jones Home and love the quality and have fallen in love with the Bridgetown 33 with the Hamptons Facade.

I was just wondering if anyone had any idea on how much this particular model costs and any upgrade costs? We wouldnt need the butlers pantry but do like the free standing bath and dark (almost black) wooden floors.

Thanks
mhclarke
Hi guys,

New member here! Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but if not please point me in the right direction!

Myself and my fiancee are looking at building and owning our first ever home. We currently rent in a McDonald Jones Home and love the quality and have fallen in love with the Bridgetown 33 with the Hamptons Facade.

I was just wondering if anyone had any idea on how much this particular model costs and any upgrade costs? We wouldnt need the butlers pantry but do like the free standing bath and dark (almost black) wooden floors.

Thanks

Allow for around $100k on top of base price
mhclarke
Hi guys,

Thanks

You can visit any display home and get an estimate. Base price + 100k on top approx., depending on the slope (if it’s approx -1.5 m max) & upgrades. We built The Garden Retreat, went up from base price to 115k + 60k min for flooring, blinds, fence, retaining & landscaping.
Does anyone know if McDonald Jones provides privacy locks for bathrooms and toilets in NSW?

Thanks!
shc
Does anyone know if McDonald Jones provides privacy locks for bathrooms and toilets in NSW?

Thanks!

No, privacy locks are not included at all. Not even in bedrooms. You have to ask for it during your colours and pay extra depending on the lock you choose
shc

Thanks!

We are currently renting a brand new MDJ and we have these locks in each bathroom, they’d have to be included! I can’t imagine they wouldn’t include a lock on a bathroom but there is nothing on bedroom doors (but then again we don’t need locks on our bedroom doors)

We just finished building and had to pay for it
For that little push pin on the bathroom doors??really!! Wow!
We are building in Brisbane and we have requested to add privacy locks for all doors. Color consultant has added locks only for Bedrooms. Got to know that locks are not included in QLD.

Color consultant was new to QLD as they are from NSW. I guess, she had the impression that locks are included in Bathrooms and toilets. However, we end up having locks in bedrooms and no locks in bathrooms and toilets!
Just wondering if people have signed their building contract on the spot at the same day as their external appointments OR did they take the contract home first to review then sign?
JLL3
Just wondering if people have signed their building contract on the spot at the same day as their external appointments OR did they take the contract home first to review then sign?

I would strongly recommend never signing a contract on the spot, unless of course you are familiar from experience with how that company operates.

Take some time to read over it and make sure you understand it. It's for the most part a standard HIA contract (pay extra attention to the special conditions they have added in though) but if you don't understand it, consult with a lawyer. Also go through the Appendix documents line by line and make sure it matches the consolidated tender and selections documents that you had previously signed off on.
JLL3

We had a seperate contract signing day, few weeks before the external selections, in NSW. The project coordinator went through each page and explained briefly. We had to sign on the same day but had 7 days to get back to them if we did not agree with anything. I was asking her since 2 weeks before to sent the contract to review but she didn’t, had reasons every time.
Hi All,
Just a request to those who all have built with McDonald Jones. For the kitchen, those who have not opted for a pot drawer, can you please add pictures of the microwave and the drawer below showing bench top to skirting image.
My microwave is been moved low making the lower drawer ugly and low height. So wanted to see how their standard microwave space and the drawer underneath look like ?? TIA
Stuart05
JLL3

I would strongly recommend never signing a contract on the spot, unless of course you are familiar from experience with how that company operates.

Take some time to read over it and make sure you understand it. It's for the most part a standard HIA contract (pay extra attention to the special conditions they have added in though) but if you don't understand it, consult with a lawyer. Also go through the Appendix documents line by line and make sure it matches the consolidated tender and selections documents that you had previously signed off on.

Thanks Stuart!

Did you do all you plan presentation, external, internal and electrical selections first then the HIA contract signing?

I've been told by the Project coordinator that the external selections + plan presentation and signing + HIA contract signing was to be done first?

I'm just overwhelmed by this process (I'm a first time home owner).

My land isn't registered yet and I wanted to wait for it to be registered with soil and contour testing to be done first before the contract signing!
Depending on when your land is due to register it may be worth locking in the current house price now?
Hello Everyone, I’m building Santa Fe one with MDJ , currently brick work is about to commence. Has anyone done independent inspection.Any contact information will be highly appreciated
Related
26/10/2023
Building with Mcdonalds jones home

Building A New House

Hi AKG, We had a base tender of $592 for 31 squares from MC Donald Jones. It looks relatively cheaper than other builders. But I assume there are many hidden things that…

22/01/2024
(Another) garage conversion advice thread

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, Apologies - I know there is plenty out there on this but struggling to put together the puzzle. We're planning our garage/external laundry to master bedroom and…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum