Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

McDonald Jones Homes - The new thread

Page 670 of 723
Novabuildnewy - My SS mentioned that if i want to take a look at any stage to just tee it up with him a day or two before so he could meet me on site.
Rough-in is your next "formal"on site visit but he should be flexible to let you have a look at a mutually agreeable time.

My fence was open, fallen over or missing at various times during my build so I occasionally had a waltz around it but we all know that's a no no

novabuildnewy15
We are at the brick stage and have asked our SS when we can go and have a look to take some proper pics and get a feel for size however he says we won't go on site until after bricks, roof etc, however we see everyone's blogs with up close pics at the same stage and wonder if you go onsite with permission or not????? Do you arrange with you SS to pop in at a certain time?

I never had a problem with having a look at the build, along with my SS. All that I had to do was give him a few days notice. I worked around what suited him, and never stayed longer than 15 minutes. Most times it was around 8 am. Of course, there were the "official" inspections as well. One time I tried to get on site when the plaster board was going up, and the guys would not let me in. That's the rule, so I respected that.
Riya123
EM1
Josh and Katie
Has anyone built using Chiffon brick from the urban one range?
If so could you please send/post a pic of your house.
Trying to work out exterior colours is killing us

This is my friends house with chiffon bricks.

Hi,

Is this the chase facade?

Regards
Riya

I would say it's Chase. Ours is Chase, and they look the same

We are officially on the construction list !!!!!!!!

Ganilton
Riya123
EM1
[quote="Josh and Katie"]Has anyone built using Chiffon brick from the urban one range?
If so could you please send/post a pic of your house.
Trying to work out exterior colours is killing us

This is my friends house with chiffon bricks.

Hi,

Is this the chase facade?

Regards
Riya

I would say it's Chase. Ours is Chase, and they look the same

[/quote]
I am using chiffon and my fascia colour is shale grey the rest is as attached

Hi everyone,

There is an online sale on eBay, 20% off from Goodguys, Bing Lee etc. Perfect for new house shopping
ends 22nd May 2016

You can choose to pick up from the stores for free.

Hope this helps you to save hundreds of $

Our build with MJH
http://ganilton.blogspot.com.au/?m=1
Jazz926

thats great news! It has been such a long time...now you will soon see some progress.
bradk
So, I have been complaining about the driveway being cracked for 22 months now. from the image below, I am sure you can see why it started cracking.

And they wonder why it has cracked?

They let it erode during the build and never packed it correctly. This is an example of the quality of their work and maintenance of the building site.

So, after waiting for 22 months, after chasing them week after week for this and other issues, I have now lodged outstanding items with Fair Trading.

In my experience, once they have your money, you are no longer a 'valued' customer.

How did you go with getting your driveway fixed bradk?
Davidr13
Jazz926

thats great news! It has been such a long time...now you will soon see some progress.

Thanks mate.

Been a long time coming. We are getting a little excited again.

I know MJH says work starts within 20 days, but generally how soon before we see work happening? i.e. portaloo delivered and our block fenced off?
Congratulation Jazz! Hopefully things will move fast now.
Jazz926
Davidr13
Jazz926

Thanks mate.

Been a long time coming. We are getting a little excited again.

I know MJH says work starts within 20 days, but generally how soon before we see work happening? i.e. portaloo delivered and our block fenced off?

Just checked my build time line from last year. First they have to peg out the site. They do that before the fences go up. The peg layout of the site marks the official start. Our piers were done 17 days after we went on construction list. Slab two days later. Frames went up a bit less than three weeks after the slab was poured. Keep an eye out for the pegs ( grin ) . Things will start to move very quickly when the build starts. One thing, keep in mind, 20 days is actually four weeks. It is 20 working days, so you have to take out week ends and any holidays. Once the frames go up, many times the contractors will work on Saturdays.
Thanks all.

Will swing by our block on Thursday to see if it has been pegged.
Jazz926
Thanks all.

Will swing by our block on Thursday to see if it has been pegged.

Our block was cut in about 14 working days. It is a very exciting period - hope it all goes smooth for you guys.
Our Bronte is finally in council, now for the long wait....Our neighbours, who are also building a Bronte, are about 3 months ahead of us and nearly have their slab down. So much has happened for them in the last week, very exciting to be able to live through their build while we wait for our process to kick on.... and live through all of you guys too!
Hi I am building the Hermitage home just wondering if anyone has altered the ensuite's shower? I am wanting a double shower head and wanted to see if anyone else has done it?
Mcal
Hi I am building the Hermitage home just wondering if anyone has altered the ensuite's shower? I am wanting a double shower head and wanted to see if anyone else has done it?

Don't see an issue if you have big enough shower.

I'm sure MJH are willing to accomodate, it is additional cost after all

The Hermitage shower is huge, should be possible to have two shower heads if you so choose.
Manhattanone
Hi Everyone,

Is the Garage classed as a room?? and do you get a light and power point included FOC??

What other rooms did you find they classed as a room or didnt class as a room.

Thanks everyone.

Cheers,
Mel

Hi Mel,

We're also building a Manhattan on the Central Coast!
What suburb are you building in?

Louise
Anyone building a mcdonald jones at eagles nest estate on the central coast?
Hi all,
we are in the process of building our first home and exchanged contracts on our land this week

We have decided on the MJH Monaco 2 Elite and just received our deposit variation although it needs to go back for a few more tweaks

We asked for our colours folder to be sent to us to save the 2 plus hours travel time for a one hour consult and they happily obliged
there is so many exciting decisions to make now on colours.
I love reading and looking at everyones progress through the building process and learning lots along the way.
Has anyone built the Monaco 2 Elite and has pics to show?
We are building on the Mid North Coast
Related
26/10/2023
Building with Mcdonalds jones home

Building A New House

Hi AKG, We had a base tender of $592 for 31 squares from MC Donald Jones. It looks relatively cheaper than other builders. But I assume there are many hidden things that…

22/01/2024
(Another) garage conversion advice thread

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, Apologies - I know there is plenty out there on this but struggling to put together the puzzle. We're planning our garage/external laundry to master bedroom and…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum