Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

McDonald Jones Homes - The new thread

Page 589 of 723
I thought we would ever see the end of this race and i CERTAINLY thought it was you for the win j and a!

Let that be a message to everyone! Lol our build was at nearly 4 months and still not bricked! We finished first ! 2 months ahead of schedule!

Our supervisor was epic... THANK YOU LES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nat and Dan
I thought we would ever see the end of this race and i CERTAINLY thought it was you for the win j and a!

Let that be a message to everyone! Lol our build was at nearly 4 months and still not bricked! We finished first ! 2 months ahead of schedule!

Well done! That is so funny! All the laughs and the tears and you WON!!!!! Congrats. Need pics please- haven't seen your house since frame went up !

So happy for you guys

Nat and Dan

Well done! That is so funny! All the laughs and the tears and you WON!!!!! Congrats. Need pics please- haven't seen your house since frame went up !

So happy for you guys

Is there a like button?

Nat and Dan

Hey all,

Luv all the pics that u guys posted from beginning to finishing the house. And I'm officially paid my deposit & building with McJones! Hope everything goes smooth. Finger crossed..
Nat and Dan

must feel so good ! I cant wait for that day ! congrats to you well done !
wooo hooo Nat and Dan - now flood us with photos!!!!! that is awesome news - so happy for you!

We were originally assigned him and then was given he jerk we had, wish we had had him... still no congrats gift for us- can you believe it!
Lol i cant believe u didnt get your gift!!!! Les was the best!!! I am so so glad we had him. He was always very calm and had all the time in the world for us even when we called and hassled him nearly every single day lol

Could not have asked for a better ss!!!

Thanks for your well wishes guys will post some pics soon!
It feels so weird that i can just go in and out whenever i please lol!!

Nat and Dan
Lol i cant believe u didnt get your gift!!!! Les was the best!!! I am so so glad we had him. He was always very calm and had all the time in the world for us even when we called and hassled him nearly every single day lol

Could not have asked for a better ss!!!

Thanks for your well wishes guys will post some pics soon!
It feels so weird that i can just go in and out whenever i please lol!!

Congrats Nat and Dan!!!!! That is awesome for you. All the best with your move. Can't wait for the photos.

CathyLeigh
Lot927
wooo hooo Nat and Dan - now flood us with photos!!!!! that is awesome news - so happy for you!

We were originally assigned him and then was given he jerk we had, wish we had had him... still no congrats gift for us- can you believe it!

What does MJH think of this. I'm guessing that you've escalated it higher?
Woohoo congrats Nat and Dan!!

Lot927- your fireplace looks amazing. I really wish we had one right now! Shutters look awesome too!

I'm kicking myself for not noticing the stone bench in the bathroom before we moved in
definitely going to mark it down for them to look at on the maintenance form.
On positive notes we had our roller blinds arrive the other night and my DH has installed them so I'm really happy to feel like the inside is mostly finished.
Nat and Dan, that's awesome!!!! You give me hope our build will be better than the past 8 months

Please post pics!!!
[quote="jomarshall"]Some pics here today too! Our tiling inspection was done. Everything looking great
kitchen to be installed in next few days and tiling starting next week!

Wow love your frosted glass internal doors ! I wish I'd thought to add that but now will be hit with a variation fee if I add it so might wait until handover and try and find some - may I ask what brand yours are? love all your choices though looks great
I finally started to put some plants in one of my gardens today, 65 plants later and still did not make a dent in it...but it did make a big dent in the $$$$
echo305
KristyLee
Just got this e-mail off CLO from the drafting team:

1) Due to the driveway gradient we need to provide a dropped garage. If the clients wants to keep the internal access (in the garage) we can drop the garage 514mm but we have to export 87 tonnes of spoil from the rear of the house. If we delete the internal access we can increase the split and even out the cut and fill needed (no need to export spoil)

2) They can go back to a type M slab in lieu of H1 and delete the requirements for aggressive soil. All as per soil classification in LF.

3) Just for their information I had to reduce the width of the house through the Alfresco / family / dining / wir / master and an additional 450mm through the Alfresco. This is all due to the easement.

Can anyone shed some light on this? When I first met with them at the sales they said my house will fit on the land perfectly & will be awesome..

Should I call them to go through point 3.. However what does point 1 & 2 mean?
Should I be worried?

Hi Kristylee,can you tell me how did you with the garage dropped down? Did you end up no internal entry?

Hi Echo305

We ended up dropping the garage 514mm and we kept internal access..

We could've dropped down less but lost internal access and we didn't want that.

In saying that I'm so glad we have gone with McDonald Jones - they have been so helpful with this & I'm really looking forward to it - I know someone else building with Champion Homes and they didn't give them an option they just done it & said this is what is happening whereas McDonald Jones spoke to us about it etc..
Frames are supposed to go up on Thursday. Not sure if the weather will cooperate. Forecast is for showers on Thursday and Friday. Oh well, can not worry about things that can not be controlled..like the weather.
Huge congrats Nat and Dan, enjoy your new home!

Did they sort out your door handle?

BTW I'm sure you started the process about the same time as us.. we might be pegged, that's as far as we've got. Imagine that. LOL!
PCI booked 23rd July. Almost there.!
J and A
:: PCI booked 23rd July. Almost there.!

Awesome- keys same day maybe if you get keys that day!!!

J and A
:: PCI booked 23rd July. Almost there.!

That's great news J and A

Good time of year to move in with that beautiful fireplace you are getting.

Can't wait to see plenty of photos.

CathyLeigh
Related
26/10/2023
Building with Mcdonalds jones home

Building A New House

Hi AKG, We had a base tender of $592 for 31 squares from MC Donald Jones. It looks relatively cheaper than other builders. But I assume there are many hidden things that…

22/01/2024
(Another) garage conversion advice thread

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, Apologies - I know there is plenty out there on this but struggling to put together the puzzle. We're planning our garage/external laundry to master bedroom and…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum