So here is our floorboard story to date:
- we added strand woven floorboards to our contract before final signing. All is good
- we get to lock up stage and our builders say that their floorboard supplier has gone under and can we organise our own and we would get the cost refunded or they can find someone else. We opt to do our own
- we get quotes and find a supplier that we are happy with and they give us a sale price valid for 1 month
- builder calls us a week later saying they have the flooring for us as it was put aside. we say thats great and tell other supplier we no longer need theirs.
- builder says floors are delayed in transit and will be 3 weeks late.
- 3 weeks and the floors arrive (today). Builder calls and says that they are damaged and cant be used so can we get them ourselves again the sale price is no longer valid and will cost us an extra $1000
What are my options? I would rather do the floors ourselves at this point because then i know what we will get.
I have called our supplier to see if they can do the sale price for us as it is extenuating circumstances. they are getting back to us.
Can I get any compensation from the builder for this $$$ as it is their fault? and how do I go about doing this?
Thanks if you got through all of that!