Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Carter’s-DFH Charlton - Landscape pics 12/8/11

Page 1 of 33
Ok. Time to start our own thread. We are going to start building later this year in the Western suburbs, Melbourne. We bought our block in March 2009. The land is due to be titled any time now.
The house we are going to build is the Charlton 291 by Dennis Family Homes with the Esplanade Facade.. We are extending the length of the house by .6m through the bedroom 1, living and garage and .6m through bedrooms 3, 4 and games.

Our colours so far are:-
External- Haymes Paint
Render on r/h side- Umbertone
Render in middle- Sage Garden
Cladding- Crisp
Bricks on garage and house- La Mesa
Roof- Dune
Gutters, Facia, and Downpipes- Jasper
Garage Door- Chestnut
Blade Wall- La Mesa bricks

Internal- Haymes Paint
Walls- Taupe Grey
Doors, Architraves etc- Pale Mushroom (white)
Ceiling- White

Kitchen- Parbury
Cupboards- Frosty White
Oven Tower- Madagascar
Rear of Island Bar- Madagascar
Back Bench- Caesar Stone Jet Black 40mm
Island Bench- Caesar Stone Ice Snow 40mm and 100mm
Flooring- Spotted Gum in Entrance Hall, Kitchen/Meals and Family
Carpet- Rich Coffee
Electricals- Done with a few extras

Contract not ready yet. We have paid initial deposit.
Tiles picked but will do photos soon
Colour appointment next month so then I won’t be able to change my mind, much to the joy of my other half. It drives him to distraction.

Kay
We're building with DFH too. We're still waiting on our contracts as well, but just booked our colour appointment today. That'll be on July 2nd - can't wait!

We've been waiting a while for the contacts to be done. We paid our deposit in March and have been told that the contacts won't be ready until July. So all up, it will be about 15 weeks. Have you been waiting long? I feel like it's too long to be waiting, I don't know. We'll still have to get developer and council approval once they're ready.

Anyway, your colours sound great. It's very exciting to build a new home (frustrating too), but it'll be worth it in the end. Good luck with it all, and look forward to reading your updates.

I'll probably start my own thread once the ball really starts to roll. At the moment it's just a waiting game - a very un-fun game... all talk no action!
Hi Kaytee

congratulations not long to go now and it will all be started, will be keeping my eye on your posts for pics and all your colours sound great, I hated picking the colours as I kept changing my mind and DH kept saying no they are great im still not totally convinced but if i change my mind then ill be all in a tizzy over it heheh

good luck with everything

Soots
Hi Kaytee

Great sounding colours, I love the Esplanade Facade it is gorgeous. I love the one at Wyndham Vale with that Facade and was tempted to do it for our house bit it pushed us over budget. I really look forward to following your build!
We have land settlement on the 15th June. From there we have colour appt 24th June and 1st draft of contract about 9th July. Still some time to go before we start to build.
Our Plan

Our Facade
At long last our land has settled today. We put a deposit down March 2009. Now we have to wait for the house contract to be finalised but that is a couple of months off. Lucky we are in no hurry.

Kay
Congrats on your land settlement today
How exciting!

I love your house plan too
Congratulations kaytee on your settlement wont take long now
bek7708
Congrats on your land settlement today
How exciting!

I love your house plan too

Thank you. Yes we are happy with the house plan. Took lots of visits to displays and online builders pages to find one that suited our ideas. Changed our minds so often on plans.

Kay
sootymay12
Congratulations kaytee on your settlement wont take long now

Thanks Sooty, We wont be building till probably Sept but I suppose that isn't too far off. So most likely not in till after New Year. Will sell our present house just before we move as last time we sold too early and had to move into temp accomodation for about 10 weeks. Very expensive, very stressful and the biggest pain out.

Kay
We pick our final colours tomorrow.
I had a typical womens reaction today and rushed down to the tile place to change our tile colours. I was doing black and off-white in both bathrooms and now the bathroom will be black & white and the en-suite will be choc floor and taupe/ivory colours. At least I am happy with them now.
After tomorrow I wont be changing anymore colours. Let the doubts on colours go away now.

Kay
Ohh have fun tomorrow Kaytee, hope everything goes really well!
herbiecat
Ohh have fun tomorrow Kaytee, hope everything goes really well!

Thankyou. Looking forward to locking it all in.
Hi Kaytee

have fun tomorrow it is one of the best parts choosing the colours and the girls are really helpfull too have a great time

SOots
We had our colour selections yesterday. I would hate to go in there with no idea of what we wanted. As it was we went about 15mins over our appt times. Not sure I would call it a fun time but glad it is over. No changing my mind anymore.
Laundry colours

Bathroom colours: Black and white Bathroom

Ensuite colours: Taupe/cream/Cracked Pepper CS

Kitchen colours: Madagascar/Frosty White/Ice Snow Cs & Jet Black CS

Paint colours
Internal: Taupe Grey/Pale Mushroom
External: Umbertone/Sage Garden/Crisp

Bricks: La Mesa

Garage door and front door: Chestnut/Rich Cinnamon

Front door: Hume Nexus

Kay
Your colours look great Kay! You have done a very good job picking them.
Is the red in the kitchen going to be your splashback??
herbiecat
Your colours look great Kay! You have done a very good job picking them.
Is the red in the kitchen going to be your splashback??

Thankyou and yes the red is the splashback. It was going to be blueish/greenish/redish and any other colour you can think of. It was almost a meenie miney mo choice. The black CS is on the back bench and white cs on the island bar. White cupboards above and below and the madagascar on the oven tower.

Kay
Well it was too good to last. I have changed the colour of the splashback to Haymes "Blue Spark". It is slightly darker than in this pick but they don't have a card for it. It is between this shade and a darker shade. I decided the red one was not the one for us. We havent signed off on our colours yet so it was ok to change.
Kay
Nice colour choices
I especially like the ensuite colours
Rowena
Nice colour choices
I especially like the ensuite colours

Thanks Rowena.
Originally it was going to be plain black & white. No feature tiles in either bathrooms. I had a sleepless night the day before colours and was lucky enough to go back to Hynes Tiles and change a few things. Much happier with my choices now. No more changes now.
Kay
Related
2/10/2023
Carter Grange vs. Thomas Archer

Building A New House

We spent close to 2 years in a process with TA. It was horrible..... we got to tender, and the first cut was 50% over our budget which "they care such about meeting ". We…

29/06/2023
Landscape Design Parramatta NSW

Landscape & Garden Design

Landscape Design Parramatta We have been doing a large amount of landscape design work in Sydney…

11/08/2023
Landscape backyard on a slope land

Landscape & Garden Design

Need advice on the backyard plan above. Should I excavate and cut all of the dirt to level with the house slab or semi-excavate as per photo above? Both left and right…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum