Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

The Eskay Saga Comes to an end...

Page 13 of 17
Thanks Dandav,

I haven't been there yet but from what Denh tells me the whole top floor should look like a polystyrene Esky by now. Not sure when they're going to be able to render it with this weather. Hopefully they'll be able to finish the bricks around the bay window too, now that the problem was solved.

Your place is gunning along too! What's your estimated handover date?
Thanks Dandav,

I haven't been there yet but from what Denh tells me the whole top floor should look like a polystyrene Esky by now. Not sure when they're going to be able to render it with this weather. Hopefully they'll be able to finish the bricks around the bay window too, now that the problem was solved.

Your place is gunning along too! What's your estimated handover date?
oops.....how does that happen......??
Hi everyone, Just another update, no pics at the moment.

Had another discussion with the SS a couple of days ago as well as the companies Customer Service folks that happened to call and ask how it was all going! Told him that I think it's just been progressing too slowly and I really wanted to be in November rather than their stated 14th December. Whenever he has said that he would "have all the guys come around to do....." it's turned out to be one poor bloke in the cold trying to do a bunch of stuff.

He called today and told me that several things were going to happen in the next week, leading up to lock up. The foam board is supposed to be all up and the renderers have said they are putting the base coat of render on over the weekend. The plumber has put in all the plumbing and gas. The baths and shower bases are going in early next week. The heating dude is putting the heating ducts in on monday/tuesday and the electrician is doing a preliminary rough in next Thursday. That would be the most work done to this place in a single week ever!

Here's fingers crossed that it does happen.

SK
I'll cross everything for you to ... it would be good to have some progress eh?
Here's your esky Eskay!
It was one lonely guy after another. The foam guy seemed pretty good, working away in the rain from early to 5.30 to get it done. Wish he didn't leave offcuts in our yard though
No biggy, a few pieces and light enough for us to get rid of.

There was a guy yesterday who I thought was the electrician but must have been plumber. A couple of guys there today. Keep you posted.
Thanks Denh,

Sorry about the pesky offcuts and snow
They were pouring your driveway while I was there!

Thanks for the pics! I was actually there today too and also got these ones

Looking forward to getting the base coat render over the weekend!!

SK
Hey eskay ~ looking good!
I just love all your vertical slim windows in the front facade, very nice!

Good to see some progress happening for you too.
Thanks McLaren! Thanks VT. Definitely feeling good to see some progress.
They've started sealing the esky and putting on a layer of mesh this morning! Maybe render today or tomorrow?
Hey, that's great to hear Denh. It was suppose to happen over the weekend but on Saturday we could see that nothing had happened, and yesterday was a write-off from the weather. We have a meeting with the SS on-site later in the afternoon today about a few things so it will be good to see what they can do today.

SK
Assume you saw your base render on the weekend then? They're putting up eaves today. Not sure when the fascia was done but they're up
A tradie in a black ute has been there everyday so assume there's been work indoors.
Thanks Denh,

I did see the base coat. there were just 3 sides done when I saw it. Pink foam on your side when I left. They said they needed a really nice day to put on the colour coat. Carpenters inside doing the lockup stage adjustments and putting in the doors. I'll be there early this afternoon to talk to the electrician about stuff. Many thanks for the updates!!!

SK
Finally grabbed the camera to take the photo's off it.

The ESKY has gone from this...

To This!...

And the music room upstairs...

Had discussions with the sparky today and sorted out what's what and all of the things that did not get understood at the electricals appointment. Always a pleasure to talk to people that really understand their stuff!

Would you believe they put in the front door but the wrong way around? I didn't get a shot of it but these are the doors I selected...

Well, they installed them, with the lock and everything, around the other way, with the glass sections to the outside!!!

I called the SS. He said they would get it fixed.

Also, the spa has been installed !!

SK
Can't believe they put those doors on backwards! Upstairs looking very good, much better than te esky!
just showed chippy DP ur doors......he cant believe it...did our chippys do ur front door.....love the guy in the shorts..brrr!!
They finished the base cost render round the house. Quite a few guys on it yesterday.
Guy with the shorts IS the chippy...

Thanks Denh. Probably realised that the weather was due to go bad the early part of this week. I hope they can get the colour coat on later this week. I'm away interstate for a few days so i won't be able to drop past...

SK
oops, dont know how I missed the one pink wall left still. The guys were busy base coating the back wall and the pillars in the alfresco. The wall facing us still pink. Let you know if they get to the colour coat but think rain till Wed.

Love that door by the way!
Hi Steve,
About 6 guys rocked up on the weekend to apply render and do more brick work around the front door and the bay window side I think. Not bad for a Sat

Not the best pic but...

Related
2/01/2024
Please advice, are roof flashings required at the end of the

General Discussion

Minimum overhang into gutter must be 50mm, turn down tool should not split the sheet. it seems wrong tool for the profile was used, the flashing cannot slope back. Rib…

21/03/2024
Heated vertical towel rail at the end of a walk-in shower

Bathrooms and Laundry

Electrical just got back to me and said the most they can provide is a single power point on the Bedroom 1 side of that wall. After handover, your towel rail installer…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum