Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Perth House and Contents insurance

Page 1 of 1
Any suggestions for good value/cover for House and Contents insurance for a Perth house. Where do I start?
I used GIO last time - they were good, cheap and were recommended as number#1 by Choice due to their attractive PDS terms.

Good luck with your search! Lots of insurance websites around, so shopping for policies is pretty easy - just make sure you read the PDS so you know exactly what will and wont be covers (espicially if you have anything odd - like a collection or expensive jewellery/hifi equipment).
Hi I have with allianz.
I looked around...at least 7-8 different companies by doing on-line quotes and allianz was the cheapest
I used to work for bankwest so I joined Vero with staff discount 25% and it was unbeatable price until I quit working there...and had to find an alternative
I read about GIO reviews as well, being cheapest in WA but lots of reviews said when you renew the following year, they just boost up your premium by heaps for no reason.
I tried, ING, Vero, Aliianz, GIO etc...Allianz was the cheapest with the same cover.
Best way I guess is to do on-line quoes as many as possible to compare prices...cause things they cover...theyre all about the same I guess. Good Luck
Does your Allianz have flood cover? I'm with them cos they were cheapest but didn't realise I didn't have flood cover! Mine is due to renew in a couple of weeks so I will definitely be shopping around for one that includes this. After those storms hit Perth earlier this year, can't be too careful!! I'm just so lucky I had no flood damage!
We were with GIO for 3 years as they were the cheapest, last year the premium jumped 40% and this year it jumped an extra $200, and we have multipolicy discount. I rang around and got 6 quotes from other companies all with same inclusions, cover options and excess and GIO was by far the highest. I ended up going to QBE and saved $150. When i rang to cancel with GIO the nice man said "fine' and hung up never even asked why. Though last week i got a phone call "did you know you haven't paid your insurance?'...um yes and you knew that too?? and yesterday got a letter saying the same. Funny when last year I didn't pay car insurance ( as i stupidly thought it was direct debit as the other 2 policies were) no call no letter, it was 2 months later i checked bank account and no DD so rang them and was told 'we don't inform you if we don't recieve payment"...hmmmmm. Though got the same call last year on the other car when DD was 1 day late????
Anyways yep i agree that with both cars and house the premuims were by far the lowest for 2 years and then jumped dramatically. Lat year dumped them for hubby's car too for same reason.
So maybe go with them for 1st year and then dump them. Always get 5 or more quotes and make sure you are comparing apples with apples. best of luck
Related
3/12/2023
How much damage to a house before insurance decide to settle

General Discussion

I thought this would be a popular question but I haven't been able to find any similar posts. Perhaps I'm wording my searches wrong? When you have car insurance and the…

7/11/2023
Question regarding PCI and H&C Insurance

Building A New House

i would not be signing anything on the day read your contract about when builder submits final invoice generally, have to meet builder within 7 days of receiving final…

18/05/2023
Help with insurance claim

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi there, long-time lurker but first time posting. I've bought a house 2 and a bit years ago and last year we had some major water damage on a converted pergola area…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum