Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Tiling done. More pics

Page 5 of 7
Called V this morning and was told the footings are being done today and the slab is poured tomorrow.
As soon as I get pics ill post them.
Heres the latest pics of the footings.
Ill take a drive sometime today to check out the slab, at last visual progress

Looking good jenx

the slab will be very very soon

You have definitely waited long enough for some action, but you should be on a roll now
Slabs down, looking good!!
The pipes have been connected to the septics and trench filled.

Wow nice looking slab there

next the BRICKS
Wow, congrats!!
It looks massive!
Now the exciting stuff happens. Here's hoping they get a move on for you.
Progress so far... Bricks and window frames have been delivered and the meter boxes have been installed. Now for the brickies to arrive!!
Nice one! Let's hope they move a bit quicker than mine did!
The Bricks and window frames are now delivered and the shed slab has been laid.
The supervisor told me the Brickies will be out there next week. Some bad news is the laminate we picked for the ensuite cupboards isnt available and we have to pick another colour. Thats going to be a challenge as that was the hardest one to find and the only one that matched our floor tiles.
latest update if anyones interested out there...

the Bricks have started going down. Good to see things taking shape now. We have another customer relations person as the one we were using has left the company..Seems to be a common theme for us dealing with V. The 2nd colour we picked for the ensuite cupboards isnt available either so we have to pick again.
Looking good jenx! It's great finally seeing it happen hey! Keep the pics coming...
Hey Jenx!
House is looking great, we drive past it every time we go to look at our block
Glad i found your post, I can see what colours you guys chose. Did you find a new colour laminate yet? hope you and the family are well. Tell that lovely wife of yours i said hi.

Cherie
Yep,i'm still interested
Went out to our block & tried to find your build,but there was so many that i couldn't pick it.
Next time i will have a quick look before we go.

Anyhoo its looking great,slab,bricks & all

PLEASE,PLEASE
tell me where you got your Pebble tiles from,i have been struggling to find any.Afew years ago when we renovated our bathroom i found them but now NOTHING

Glad things are moving forward,boy what a wait,hopefully ours gets moving sooner rather than later.
They do say that all the paperwork etc takes the longest & once they start its full steam ahead,so good luck!

cheers
chuffy
Hey Jenx!
House is looking great, we drive past it every time we go to look at our block
Glad i found your post, I can see what colours you guys chose. Did you find a new colour laminate yet? hope you and the family are well. Tell that lovely wife of yours i said hi.

Cherie

yeah we did find a new colour. another black one. Ill have to scan it and upload it soon. I said hi to M for you, she has been asking me questions and texting away to you.
kerry-ann
Yep,i'm still interested
Went out to our block & tried to find your build,but there was so many that i couldn't pick it.
Next time i will have a quick look before we go.

Anyhoo its looking great,slab,bricks & all

PLEASE,PLEASE
tell me where you got your Pebble tiles from,i have been struggling to find any.Afew years ago when we renovated our bathroom i found them but now NOTHING

Glad things are moving forward,boy what a wait,hopefully ours gets moving sooner rather than later.
They do say that all the paperwork etc takes the longest & once they start its full steam ahead,so good luck!

cheers

the pebbles are from crosby tiles in osborne park. they had a few different colours when we picked ours. I cant remember what they cost though
Heres a few more of the latest pics. the bricking is almost complete. Theres only the pillars for the alfresco and pantry to go. They have put one door frame the wrong way around in the bedroom so the hinges open out into the hallway. I let the CLO know so see how they fix that one.
g]
So they've been bricking for a month and are almost finished... not bad. You happy with the workmanship? We had some real doosies with our brickwork, so make sure you check it closely. I guess you are since you picked up the door frame.

Hopefully you'll get some roof timber (or steel) soon.
Quote:
yeah we did find a new colour. another black one. Ill have to scan it and upload it soon. I said hi to M for you, she has been asking me questions and texting away to you.

Thanks
Glad you found another colour. I"m so worried about all the colour choosing! Have they done any more up on your block?
chuffy
Quote:

Thanks
Glad you found another colour. I"m so worried about all the colour choosing! Have they done any more up on your block?

the bricking is now complete and the rooofing has started. How is your place coming along?
Hey that's pretty good jenx. Got any more pics?
Related
20/06/2023
Builder has not done something - can I ask for a variation f

Building A New House

I work with owner, he/she is my man on the ground and I instruct them when to visit the site and take photos and I have other tools in the bag.

25/12/2023
Foil wrap not done before brickwork

General Discussion

I am in the same situation, would you be able to give some insights in to this? I am in SA

1/09/2023
Things can be done after construction.

Building A New House

Depends what you're current inclusions are, but we're not including wardrobes and will just use second hand ones until we can save later on to get them built. Also have a…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum