Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Making the decision re: Single or Double Storey?

Page 1 of 1
We are in the process of getting our house plans drawn up. We've always just assumed we would build a double storey house but I recently found some great plans for a single story home that would work with our requirements.

A single storey build would be cheaper and although it would consume a little more of our block space we do have a good sized block of around 780sq m so it wouldn't be too bad.

What do you think the pro's and con's of each are - a single storey home opposed to a double story? Why did you make the decision to build either of these options? I would love to hear people's experiences.
I'm Sorry....

I finally have the search engine working and realise there have been a lot of topics on this subject.
Please disregard
Related
29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

31/10/2023
Acreage, double storey

Building A New House

We're in NSW, but designs from anywhere ok for inspo!

28/03/2024
Full Brick Double Storey 38Sq House Price Estimated?

Building A New House

Hi Kristy Around $1.7-1.8m or around $4,600/sqm. if you PM me your email I will send you a break up in a spreadsheet so you can get an understanding of the costs for…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum