Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Sezza's Perth Build.. WE ARE IN!!!!

Page 18 of 22
Are you going to try that spray gun Bags? Or just the traditional brush and roller?
brush and roller - I have plenty of time now since the tiles will arrive only on the 18th March and curtains are delayed... so no rush. I'll do it in stages and take my time to fix everything... I think I will enjoy it since is mine
i dont think i would trust those spray guns... all the over spray - would hate to get it on the ceiling!!!!
i think good old brush and roller is the way to go too!!!
we have been getting a few things organised these last few days.

tiles for main living area - at this stage have selected a 600 x 600 porcelain tile from craft decor.
going to wait and see what the sample one looks like inside the house once we have painted. at this stage we think it's the one!!!!

side fence/gate and roller door for the back of the garage havs been organised

popped down to the house again!!!!! still waiting on all the rubbish to be cleared.
missing cupboard has been installed. whirly birds to be put on the roof too.
hoping for PCI this friday but not sure if that will happen yet or not. still just wait and see.
Its not the painting that I hate, its the god awful sealer.

I'm thinking I'll get a painter in to do the surface prep and sealer and paint myself, I love painting!
The preparation is hard job and the sealer can kill you - God it smells bad
I heard that the sealer is pretty potent - DH is going to get some special masks from his work and we will do the job in stages and isolate the areas until the smell is gone... what choice do we have? I was hoping to move in after the painting was done but it's not to be...
You can Bags. The problem in my house was that the painters closed all the windows after they put the sealer. But after I ventilated next day and once the paint went on - it was OK.
partner was thinking of paying a painter to do the sealer.
but wonder how fussy they would be with the initial prep work????

def need to air the house out when paiting.. let all the fumes out!!!!
not bad idea.. getting some sort of mask to stop breathing all those fumes!!! or even one of those space man suits!!!!!

you always seem to get covered in paint even tho you try to be soo careful!!!!
And the whole fun begins when you try to get it out of your hair

I think with the price of sealant being so low it's not really worth to pay someone to do it. Bunnings sells it in those bottles like for pest control so you just pump it up and it sprays. And they are around $60 for I think 5 litres

Tapware - flickmixers, wont fit behind our above bench sinks like we had 1st picked.

in the ensuite to the left of the left basin and on the right to the right. that way they arent in the way of feature tiles in the ensuite?!?!?!?! or both to the same side????
and in vanity area to the right, so when you first walk in you dont just see tap????

what are your thoughts????
I'd put them on the outside, away from the tiles
Looking gorgeous sezza
thanks for the feedback tinkster!!!!

its funny how such little things can do your head in!!!!
our block has now been cleared!!! the huge rubbish pile has now gone.

no PCI this week. but maybe what you could call a inspection before PCI!!!!!!
at least its something. so hopefully come real PCI most things would have been fixed.
sezza

Tapware - flickmixers, wont fit behind our above bench sinks like we had 1st picked.

in the ensuite to the left of the left basin and on the right to the right. that way they arent in the way of feature tiles in the ensuite?!?!?!?! or both to the same side????
and in vanity area to the right, so when you first walk in you dont just see tap????

what are your thoughts????

We picked ours to be on the left and right corners.

I noticed it in this display..... they did the iside corners? I did the outside... I have the same basins as these... gets me excited!

http://www.lifestylehomes.com.au/Our-Ho ... ngton.aspx

Just scroll through to find the bathroom image.

Your basins, are stunning BTW.
No more rubbish out the front!!!!! our pile was collecting all sorts, other than normal building rubbish. at one stage there was a couch, a car trye!!!!

we are going into the house today. looking forward to that. hopefully not too many faults to pick. and if there is hopefully they will be sorted before real PCI.
and then keyzzzzzzzz......................!!!!!
just found out bout the long weekend coming up in april. sat, sun, mon, tues off for me for anzac day and easter...... will be in the house by then so pefect time to get stuck into stuff!!!
Nice clean site

As to your tapware I think it will look more interesting if they will go on the site but closer to the wall - like 45 degrees from wall - if you know what I mean
the taps are going to be positioned at the side of the sink but towards the back. is this the same as what you mean agabob???
ok...
"dear house build diary!!!"

today we had a walk through of the house. I guess you could call it the PCI before PCI!!!
not alot to worry about that we noticed....
only things that we picked up were:
1 of the linean doors on the inside wasnt painted.
on the driveway and at the path near the front door our darker boarder pavers, 1 of them is chipped and another has a defect in it. like a marble effect with limestone!!!

there was a hole in one of the bedroom walls, but ths has already been patched up
ceilings where they were cracked have also been fixed up.

hmmmmmmm. thats all i can really think of at the moment.
lights work, taps work, loos flush, garage door works.
what else should i look out for?!?!?!?!
Sounds like it's all ready to go then sezza. That is quite 'generous' of your builder to have a pre-PCI inspection! Makes sense though.

Take a look here for some good PCI checklists: http://www.anewhouse.com.au/?page_id=235
Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

16/05/2023
Best carpet deals in perth

Flooring & Floor Covering

Have you tried Parry's or Carpet Court?

29/01/2024
Building with Status Residential Perth, Yeah Nah?

Building A New House

What is your feedback of Status residential please ?

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum