Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Choosing Shower Screen Frame

Page 1 of 1
I need some assistance and advice in choosing which shower screen frame colour would be best for our two bathrooms.

I'd love to see any pics of your showers please.

Kids bathroom: will add picture

- beige/brown floor tiles, white wall tiles, white valencia laminex top, white window frames and also white bath to come. So I'm thinking white frame? Or are chrome frames more popular these days??

Ensuite one is more tricky: will add picture

Wall tiles as shown are cream/alabaster colour, bench top will be laminex lunar stone, white basin. White window frames again, so would you go for: white, barley(beige) or chrome??

Any problems with chrome ones peeling? (I'm sure they don't nowadays)

I'd love to hear any opinions or photos.
We put a white frame in one of our rentals - looks lovely when it is clean.

But for this new build and because we have 4 ensuites we chose to use chrome on all the showers. That ties in with the chrome surrounds on the mirrors as well as all the taps / towel rails etc.

Never had a problem with peeling - have never even seen that occur?
I think chrome goes with just about anything, my choice
Thanks Kyton and Suh.

Does ANYONE have photos of their bathroom with the chrome shower frame please?

I understand you can get bright chrome or brushed chrome - which do you have?

Many thanks.

Also, do majority have clear glass or frosted? I'm wondering whether to put frosted in kids bathroom - shows less marks than clear. Any thoughts?
I actually have a framless and a walk-in shower, but if I had to choose I would go brushed, and I like the thought of frosted glass as long as it's smooth
Always go chrome or polished silver, it doesn't make your shower screen look like a box. If you go white or any other coloured frame, make your bathroom look dated in my opinion.
Thanks everyone for your comments and advice.

We've decided on chrome (Silver), so hope it looks good!
Related
13/01/2024
Shower screen exploded

Bathrooms and Laundry

Your shower screen has failed in the way it is designed to fail with tempered glass. You could replace it with laminated safety glass but make sure it has AS standards logo on it

18/04/2024
Hebel + steel frame vs brick+ timber frame

General Discussion

This is 100% true. You can not hang anything on steel frames. very frustrating

1/11/2023
Sourcing Enclosed Shower Frame Parts

Bathrooms and Laundry

I need to replace some lengths of aluminum shower frame but I can't seem to find any suppliers of this stuff. Neither the blue or orange home centers carry these things.…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum