Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Custom Design floor plan thread post them here!!

Page 64 of 113
Alrighty Ray. . . I have had a look at your plans and rather than working out what your block size is.. . are you able to give me an accurate figure? Otherwise I might get it wrong and then where would we be?

From your dimensions, I don’t know if you’ve included wall thicknesses, and what they are if you have. . . so best all round that we get the real figures upfront.

You don’t know what they are, do you?

Don’t mind T’s blonde moments. . . she’s actually quite possibly the cleverest person on here and certainly not blonde.
No reason for the anomoly with bed3, not sure why that it like that tbh

As for the dimensions of the block it is 12.5 x 38 (here is the land pic as promised (lot 14)

I accounted for the width of the walls, but no idea if its accurate or not (we plan to build with hebel).

Thanks again everyone!

go jodge.

just do a snake and see what it can eat.
so you want a home with these things in it? and maybe an alfresco?
but happy with what you have there?
Generally speaking I'm pretty happy with what is here, but open to most other suggestions. I think mostly it will be around mixing and matching the sizes, shapes and positions of the rooms for the most efficient design. Making the most of the limited space we have!

I originally had the courtyard wider (3m), but I dont think we'll ever actually use it as we will have a big outdoor area just on the other side of that room. Instead I think it would be wiser to make it just wide enough to get some light in... though in reality I dont know how wide that will be
/ At the moment I'm thinking really low maintenance with a funky sculpture as a focal point, maybe something like...

... but that is getting WAAAY off track now... I need to learn to focus on one thing at a time
A day without Sunshine ....

Clueless - that estate plans makes ALL the difference! Thanks!
Ok just to be radical
Put a tandem garage down the west side, put your outside living at the front, sheltered by the garage - easy for landscaping machines, push house down the back (less south facing yard) and high gates for privacy.
Resume normal stations.
Are you in the Adelaide hills or down towards Victor Harbor - gully breezes or sea breezes?
Wow, never thought of that! Have to have a play and see how that might look, thanks. We're closer to the hills than the beach, in newton.
Planfan, your radicality is amazing. Ray, have you thought of double storey with the living area on the upper level, due north?
Mow that one we have thought about, but the cost along with the missus' bad knees we'd like to avoid stairs. Pity as it would have made designing sooo much easier!
Ok Ray. . . how about having a double garage as you have it, then building the rest of the house separate and pushing it to the back of the block, so that you have your double garage, then your gardens, then your living area at the front of the house. . . putting your bedrooms and other stuff at the back.
^^^^ Have been watching with interest...must have entry into house from garage IMO!
No way should you be traisping through the garden in the rain with bags of shopping trailing off your arms!
jodge
Ok Ray. . . how about having a double garage as you have it, then building the rest of the house separate and pushing it to the back of the block, so that you have your double garage, then your gardens, then your living area at the front of the house. . . putting your bedrooms and other stuff at the back.

how private would the front yard be though? Do you want a private yard for kids / entertaining?
Deemaree
^^^^ Have been watching with interest...must have entry into house from garage IMO!
No way should you be traisping through the garden in the rain with bags of shopping trailing off your arms!

totally agree with this !! Clueless, under no circumstances - do NOT allow yourself to be persuaded to separate the garage from the house

Well, unless you have an enclosed covered walkway ....
CluelessOne
As for the dimensions of the block it is 12.5 x 38 (here is the land pic as promised (lot 14)

sorry, I must have missed this post - which way is north?
Deemaree

rain's good for you. . . makes you grow!
Doesn't do much for the groceries though...
Pete_n_Pet
Deemaree

totally agree with this !! Clueless, under no circumstances - do NOT allow yourself to be persuaded to separate the garage from the house

Well, unless you have an enclosed covered walkway ....

undercover walkway from the garage sounds like a good idea.
Deemaree
Doesn't do much for the groceries though...

they get bigger too!

Ray. .. what do you think? Separate garage or not? You must be firm with us all, we all have very strong ideas. . .

Peta . . . top of the page is north, pretty much. . .
Having an undercover walkway would cut through the usable space in the already limited garden space IMO.
Related
4/09/2023
Wide floor plan volume/semi-custom

Building A New House

Hi, Seeking volume or semi-custom builder in victoria(east), which have existing double story wide floor plans. Seeking 18-20m wide homes with depth of 12-15m long. Or…

1/04/2024
Custom builder or pay for own floor plan and take to builder

Building A New House

Hi Mofflepop, I would recommend finding a building designer to prepare plans, they should design to your specified budget. The benefit is you can tender the project out…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum