Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

H and Mick's Lexington Q1......Landscaping Pics....

Page 5 of 40
Yay!! Fantastic news Handmick! Glad to hear that the waiting is almost over! Can't wait to start seeing some progress pics!
Just received final plan today....more stuff ups.
It's very frustrating...I don't how much it's gunna delay us...I'm sure the end product will be worth it...We are not in a desperate situation, ie havent put our current house on the market yet, and like everywhere else prices here are sky rocketing....
Just told Mick by the time this new build is finished we could afford a lap pool...
....KTM (dirtbike) he reckons

Edited to say thanks Donski...hows your build?....got your brickie happening, havent heard in a while?
Hi handmick! ~ Just spent some time catching up with your thread... the waiting is frustrating isn't it.

Did your council end up coming through on the building permit?

And how did you go with this one? Did you get the tree removal permit through as well?
handmick
Yes tree in question is looking like it will cost us anexpensive tree root barrier...Once we get title next week we can apply to vcat to get the tree protection on it removed...otherwise it would already be gone....It is rotting, shell of a tree...I don't wont my kids near it...

As y
ou can see in photos it grows sideways not even vertical.... You might say it's been a bit of a headache already....

Is this tree going to be near the where the house is sited ~ how far away is it from where your actual house will be?

I must admit that tree does look pretty bad.
When we got our arborist's report done and to council for our tree removal, we included a request to remove 3 big trees that were dead/dying even though they were around 12m-ish away from the house (figured it was going to be more cost-effective to get the whole lot taken down at once, by the demo guys, if we could).

Did you get an arborist's report on the tree that backed you up with how safe it was?

In the end, we got our permission, thank goodness! (Wasn't fast though.) Hope it goes as well for you, fingers crossed!

Love the look of your area, + wow a lovely gorgeous big block too. You'll have lots of room to plant replacement trees! It's going to be brilliant!

~ cheers, J
handmick
Edited to say thanks Donski...hows your build?....got your brickie happening, havent heard in a while?

Yeah, I've been a bit slack lately (or should I say busy!) Our brickie FINALLY started just over 3 weeks ago now. We only have one brickie and his labourer but I must give credit to the guy...he's only had 2 days off since he's started and he pretty much works morning til dark! Looks like he'll be finished next week
I'll have to post some photos.....
to delays (and being told things will happen on a certain day and they don't..sorry just venting) ...but you're right- it WILL be worth it in the end!
vanilla tree
Hi handmick! ~ Just spent some time catching up with your thread... the waiting is frustrating isn't it.

Did your council end up coming through on the building permit?

And how did you go with this one? Did you get the tree removal permit through as well?
handmick
Yes tree in question is looking like it will cost us anexpensive tree root barrier...Once we get title next week we can apply to vcat to get the tree protection on it removed...otherwise it would already be gone....It is rotting, shell of a tree...I don't wont my kids near it...

As yhttp://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy190/handmick/micksphone038.jpgou can see in photos it grows sideways not even vertical.... You might say it's been a bit of a headache already....

Is this tree going to be near the where the house is sited ~ how far away is it from where your actual house will be?

I must admit that tree does look pretty bad.
When we got our arborist's report done and to council for our tree removal, we included a request to remove 3 big trees that were dead/dying even though they were around 12m-ish away from the house (figured it was going to be more cost-effective to get the whole lot taken down at once, by the demo guys, if we could).

Did you get an arborist's report on the tree that backed you up with how safe it was?

In the end, we got our permission, thank goodness! (Wasn't fast though.) Hope it goes as well for you, fingers crossed!

Love the look of your area, + wow a lovely gorgeous big block too. You'll have lots of room to plant replacement trees! It's going to be brilliant!

~ cheers, J

Hi J...

It seems like one step forward two steps back....Apparently HH were waiting to get information on drainage...if they got it wrong I guess we would be paying to redo that one so that was ok, but we got our final plans back on Friday and there are alot of corrections to be made...Our administrator is absent, back tomorrow so more answers then....
As for tree I think I'm a little bit over the whole thing, so I have put it on the back burner ( plus busy DP is working nights and Ive been working heaps - gotta fill these rooms we are building)...but we need to apply to vcat to reverse tree protection....apparently we also need councils recommendation on the tree, and someone seemed to think that if the tree is ******* ( and it is....) council will give approval to remove or else risk being sued later when it falls and hurts someone. If we get council to back us then I'm pretty sure we dont have to have a hearing....which would take forever.

We did get an arborist report which did indicate that it should get the chop, but it looked a little brief to me...I might get DP onto it he having surgery on Thursday so he will be home looking for something to do....Role reversal: I will be at work, he can stay home look after kids and handle all the red tape...
Our tree is about 12 - 14 m ( sorry can't remember exactly) away from house...hope we dont have to get the tree barrier too.....
Thanks for reply...it's good to know that it is possible to get these rotten trees removed...and we do plan to replant with lots of natives...got brother who is native lanscaper on phillip Island, will have to lure him up here..

Sorry if I repeat myself on tree...it has been so long since we wrote about it...but I'm glad you bought it up J, coz you have jogged my memory and got me motivated.

Supposed to have action at block this week...but not feeling confident , will keep you posted
Didnt even go to look at block but went to pick up my son from our soon to be neighbours and this is what I saw....

Mick was unconscious at the time (operation) but I sent him a picture message on his mobile.....
We are so excited it felt like they were never gunna get out there......
Not sure how long it will take to get a site cut but atleast something is happening....WWWOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!
Hey, that's fantastic. Congratulations!! What a relief to finally see some action!
Thanks Mummagoose, I hope you can join us in building out this way soon....
Not long now then TAKEOFF
we're excited because they held up settlement on the stage in our development to include the next stage ( 7 months overdue), and we have been watching slabs, frames and site scrapes from these people who bought land long after us going on...I'm happy for them, just frustrated for myself...so hopefully soon I will actually have something concrete(HAHA...literally) to talk about..
handmick
we're excited because they held up settlement on the stage in our development to include the next stage ( 7 months overdue), and we have been watching slabs, frames and site scrapes from these people who bought land long after us going on...I'm happy for them, just frustrated for myself...so hopefully soon I will actually have something concrete(HAHA...literally) to talk about..

Waiting is definitely that hardest part. I'm so glad you have a start even if it is a small one.
Congrats Handmick
Woohoo-action!
Deemaree
Woohoo-action!

Thanks Dee, Mick got a call from the SS today we have a meeting on site on Monday.
Janelle
handmick

Waiting is definitely that hardest part. I'm so glad you have a start even if it is a small one.
Congrats Handmick

Thanks Janelle, sounds like we have site start next week....Final plan is yet to b finalised....just a couple of finishing touches...but weve been assured that wont hold things up..
handmick

Geez
7 months overdue?? That probably would have driven me insane (what am I saying... building is driving me a little insane anyway!
)
Congrats on the impending site start
Very exciting news
Just read through your thread Handmick and I think your house is ACE!!! And you already know my opinion on red splashbacks!!!

Great that you have a meeting with the SS next week that's really exciting!
herbiecat
Just read through your thread Handmick and I think your house is ACE!!! And you already know my opinion on red splashbacks!!!

Great that you have a meeting with the SS next week that's really exciting!

Yes we're the redsplashback gang ( maybe we should start a club)...
Thanks HC it's so nice when someone says something like that. I can't wait to see kitchen splashback and cornerless alfresco...my two must haves...
Well if you want red splash-back's does this qualify?

http://i587.photobucket.com/albums/ss319/reccymech/House%20and%20Home/DSCN0086.jpg

This photo is of the wall against the kitchen table:
http://i587.photobucket.com/albums/ss319/reccymech/House%20and%20Home/DSCN0087.jpg

Furthermore, "she who must be obeyed" has just chimed in with the following statement: as you can see we love colour and having built three (3) homes colours date very quickly, in hindsight now, neutral colours will be our next option in our new home (Monterey Q1) because it is cheaper to change accessories than major fixed items.
Reccymech
Well if you want red splash-back's does this qualify?

This photo is of the wall against the kitchen table:

Furthermore, "she who must be obeyed" has just chimed in with the following statement: as you can see we love colour and having built three (3) homes colours date very quickly, in hindsight now, neutral colours will be our next option in our new home (Monterey Q1) because it is cheaper to change accessories than major fixed items.

yep that qualifies....tell SWMBO that what she says probably makes sense (neutral colours) but everyone has different taste and I live with a chippy who said if I get sick of it he will change it for me..
Reminds me of a great story, handmick about your other half being a chippy. Had a mate of mine when he got out of the army had some land up past Whittlesea and owner builder built a two storey home, which is a testament to what someone can do without the trade certificate, anyway I'm digressing.

On the second floor it was decided to build a feature stone (local rocks) wall on the landing. It went up, then the 'cook' decided she didn't like it, so 'ol-mate takes it down, 'cook' decides she likes it to be built again, so it gets built again.....now stay with me on this. It gets built a second time, decides she doesn't like it....yep it comes down.....and gets built again! She doesn't like it, what happens next is a sledge hammer is produced and thereby the wall comes tumbling down. It's a good storey when the the beers are flowing.

And you know what....it got built again and is still up. This storey got told to me by 'ol-mate when I remarked how fantastic the wall looked.
Reccymech
Reminds me of a great story, handmick about your other half being a chippy. Had a mate of mine when he got out of the army had some land up past Whittlesea and owner builder built a two storey home, which is a testament to what someone can do without the trade certificate, anyway I'm digressing.

On the second floor it was decided to build a feature stone (local rocks) wall on the landing. It went up, then the 'cook' decided she didn't like it, so 'ol-mate takes it down, 'cook' decides she likes it to be built again, so it gets built again.....now stay with me on this. It gets built a second time, decides she doesn't like it....yep it comes down.....and gets built again! She doesn't like it, what happens next is a sledge hammer is produced and thereby the wall comes tumbling down. It's a good storey when the the beers are flowing.

And you know what....it got built again and is still up. This storey got told to me by 'ol-mate when I remarked how fantastic the wall looked.

omg
ru serious...i know a womans entitled to change her mind, but that just takes the cake....

Alot of people say why isnt mick building your house...der...lol..
.coz I wanna live in it this decade...
Related
18/09/2023
Home loan and landscaping change in price

Home Finance

Hi, you've probably already resolved this, however, Commbank will probably pay the funds to you after you send evidence the work is done regardless the change in the quotes.

2/10/2023
Landscaping Options and Costs

Building A New House

Ha all, I am now about half way (maybe a bit more) through my build with Carlisle Homes - double-storey knockdown/rebuild project. So I am now doing my due diligence and…

15/06/2023
Excavation for landscaping

Building A New House

Hmmm, I have checked your past posts and it seems that you are in NSW, not WA as I had thought. It pays to show your State in your avatar. Retaining wall regulations…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum