Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

H and Mick's Lexington Q1......Landscaping Pics....

Page 1 of 40
Hi H And Mick here writing for first time....we have been following for while...especially about the lexington...and Henley homes....

We are building a lexington Q1 from Henley in Riddells Creek.....they are currently building a Barclay in our new estate...which is great to watch the progress..... has been really fast.

Our Lexington will have the edison facade...I noticed someone else had that tooo...good one!!!! also having double plus garage, tv to rear & side alfresco, butlers pantry, guests in lieu of study...just to name a few of the options....

So far so good with Henley...we are just waiting on developer to release the land ( two months late - very frustrating)....but not uncommon apparrently....we have signed contract but are waiting on site costs when we get land..

This is our first build...so we are learning every step of the way....

http://handmick.blogspot.com/2010/04/h-and-micks-build.html
Hi and welcome

ah... the Henley Barlcay... that'd be Michelle's house? They're not too far behind us in terms of progress.

The Lexington is a gorgeous house, LOVE the ensuite
Welcome! Nice lot of options on your home, it sounds like it's going to be gorgeous

Excuse my ignorance (and lack of initiative for googling this myself) but where is Riddells Creek?
Riddells Creek is north west of Melbourne about 45 minutes.....just past Sunbury at the foot of the Macedon Ranges....

Hello to Aaron & Erin....I was talking about you with Michelle & Richard the other day....they gave us a tour of their house....which is coming along great....no painter last week...which has put them a week behind...

Michelle was telling me about how your bricks went walking....bloody hell!!!!!

I am having trouble uploading pics....but I see someone has sent me a message about this...so hopefully soon I will put some pics on...

ps...Go Cats!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's a small world hey

Yeah, our bricks!
Unbelievable really. We were up the road visiting a friend and we noticed men in our backyard, we rushed back to the house, and it was Boral's plasterers loading up their van with our bricks! I had a go at the one guy who seemed to understand English, and he ordered the other 6 or so Asian guys to unload his van and stack the bricks back up. They just threw them back onto the pallet where they took them from, they broke half of them. Unbelievable

Definitely go Cats! Looking forward to today's (hopefully percentage booster to launch us to the top of the ladder)

Uploading photos - try using www.photobucket.com, it allows you to upload your photos, then you copy and paste the link into homeone. Try resizing your photos first though, so they're no larger than say 700pxls wide? Otherwise they come up enormous.
Thanks...Ive followed ur advice, but not sure whether i should have posted them in thumbnail form....Are they legible....

We will definately be watching today...My son Jack (7) and I r Cats freaks....the Other half of our house...my partner Mick And daughter Molly (5) are Carlton supporters...so there could b some tension..(jokes).....
Eeeek a split household! I'm grateful Aaron and I both Cats supporters, cant imagine if we both barracked for different teams!!!

Cool, thumbnails turned out ok, just have to click to enlarge them. I use the IMG CODE (the last one in photobucket)...

Maybe for privacy and security, scrub out names, addresses etc
thanks....good advice. I have taken them off...will adjust them and post them back on later
If anyone's interested I have just set up a blog outlining some of our building choices...i will add to it in time....but for now it is at

http://handmick.blogspot.com/2010/04/h-and-micks-build.html....
Awesome sized block guys! What a great yard! Our house also faces west, so our living and entertaining areas face north. Cant wait for next summer!
Oh and 'meh' to the footy, stupid game. At least half of your house is happy!
Thats footy, hey!...we can't win all of them or it would be unfair...we are really lucky to have big flat blocks, generally, out here....we looked for an established house for atleast a year out here b4 deciding to build....prices have gone beserk out here!!!!!!!

i just looked at ur blog and was really excited to see another Dolce kitchen with island bench cookin.....I'm a chef so i get excited about that sort of stuff..sad really..but i just see my mates sittin there eatin and drinking as i cook for them..

I loved the panorama too, what a pity Henley didnt display it....i liked them all really...we were going monterey for a while.....

Like ur colours...i wish i had of found this site b4 goin to cosham....good for research
I very rarely cook, but I'm going to learn! Having the cooktop on the island was something I had to have. I would probably spend more time at the stove than at the sink, so less time with my back to people. I think it'll be fun with kids eventually too, they can sit opposite and watch and help

The Panorama was on display in Mernda, the ones that were just sold recently (it was on display next to the Monterey). Haven't seen too many people build it, so have been a little on my own in the forum
Henley took it out of their range this year

Cant wait to see your kitchen go in!
Aaron & Erin

My poor DH is now acting as if there hasn't been a football game played today!
HI H,

I just checked out your blog and your build placement looks very similiar to our last one-it was on a 1200msq block facing west with the living spaces all on the north side (at the time I had to fight to get them to flip the plan and push it to the southern boundary-funny how things change in 6.5 years!
)
Deemaree
Aaron & Erin

My poor DH is now acting as if there hasn't been a football game played today!
It's a bit like that here...
What football game?
Dont know what you're talking about
WOW I love the splashback colour! Absolutely magnificent!
yep thanks...I walked in and thought this is the best thing ive seen....and you know how all display homes start lookin the same......i asked Henley 3 times b4 i got it....persistence does pay!!!
You're paying them so why not get what you want.
exactly............call me fickle but i llike to cook and i will spend some time in there.....some people say it will date....if i tire of it i can change it later....live for now
Related
18/09/2023
Home loan and landscaping change in price

Home Finance

Hi, you've probably already resolved this, however, Commbank will probably pay the funds to you after you send evidence the work is done regardless the change in the quotes.

2/10/2023
Landscaping Options and Costs

Building A New House

Ha all, I am now about half way (maybe a bit more) through my build with Carlisle Homes - double-storey knockdown/rebuild project. So I am now doing my due diligence and…

15/06/2023
Excavation for landscaping

Building A New House

Hmmm, I have checked your past posts and it seems that you are in NSW, not WA as I had thought. It pays to show your State in your avatar. Retaining wall regulations…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum