Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our new house in the country...

Page 4 of 4
Here's some pics - I know how much we all love them

The end of a big weekend...

DS2 is very tired & was nearly asleep in the carpet

Spent the weekend trying to clean around all the tradies that were busy finishing off. Painter finished at lunchtime on Sunday, electrician was there all day Saturday & cabinetmaker most of Sunday..... I was hoping to move a bit of gear up there, but didn't happen.

Yesterday our floorboards had another sand & this morning the final coat of finish went on.

We're not going to walk on the boards until Friday, but I could get into the house via the kids playroom which is carpet & take a few snaps.

from kids playroom looking out to family room:

towards the fireplace- this photo shows the colours really well (on my screen anyway!):

from the front door - kitchen is to the left & dining area to the right - family room straight ahead!!:

from the gargage looking down the passage to open living - laundry is on the right & main bedroom on the left:

We both have Friday off work to start the move, but all the furniture will be done on Saturday. Forecast is for rain so hopefully that is wrong - normally is

Hopefully I'll get a chance to take some pics on Friday when the splashback is going in

Quote:
Good luck, eat plenty of sugar
drink plenty of coffee (or vodka)
and get plenty of sleep

Think I might take this advice Paula!! Hard to sleep with so many things running through your mind though.....
Oh those floors look so shiny - very nice.

Yes please take a pic of your splashback, cant wait to see it!!
Hi Jo, your floors look really gorgeous! So shiny and new. Your DS looks very comfy in that carpet

We are all waiting with baited breath for your splashback pics......
Everythink looks great Jo. It looks like a really livable, warm and welcoming home.
So that feeling will quadruple when all your furniture and family things are in. Lovely.

Jo
Thanks Paula, Donuts & Jo - it's been a long 18 months of owner build, can't wait to get in there!

Quote:
We are all waiting with baited breath for your splashback pics......

Donuts, I'm getting excited & a bit nervous hoping it is going to look good!!

Quote:
Everythink looks great Jo. It looks like a really livable, warm and welcoming home. So that feeling will quadruple when all your furniture and family things are in. Lovely.

Thanks so much Jo - just what we were trying to acheive
It looks really great!!
love all the colours and the floorboards are devine!

i'm excited for that splashback!!

How cute is DS!!
Woo hoo nearly there - love the floor colour.
Steve
Love, love love your floor. It's all come together just beautifully. Well done to you both
Look forward to seeing that splashback go in. Did you end up going with the murray red???? So many threads to keep up with

Have fun moving in, bet the kids are excited too
Thanks Bel, Steve & Toni we are really happy with how the Sydney Blue Gum has come up!

& yes, we are having the murray red splash
It's looking really good, I love your colour selections and the floor.
Jo K
Thanks Bel, Steve & Toni we are really happy with how the Sydney Blue Gum has come up!

& yes, we are having the murray red splash

Great! can't wait to see it! I see Murray Red mentioned/suggested so often it will be great to see one in
Related
8/11/2023
Our house was beautiful until Distinctive Homes destroyed ou

General Discussion

of course there are legal avenues. You've already mentioned it. Sue them. I find it odd that lawyers wouldnt be willing to take on the case, given CCT evidence and…

22/01/2024
Builder connecting our new toilet for his trades

Bathrooms and Laundry

"Losers" "humanity" "off time" "your" "top notch" "love symbol" Sounds like ponzo is done using other people's toilets

26/06/2023
New House

Building A New House

Yes well there solution is to blame everyone else while I a 65yr old woman with major medical problems have to just continue to boil water and wash myself in a bucket…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum