Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Oceanic with DAH - Pictures !!

Page 7 of 9
Tried Vista in CV? Was told it was cheaper than the ones you mentioned.
Vista n Kresta r owned by same company i think. not many gud reviews abt kresta, as full dep need to be paid b4 u actually c the goods, n long waiting..bla bla
Strange cause Vista gave cheaper price than Kresta. No experience with Kresta but take your word for it.
Oh ok, dont tk my word for it, but thats what I read

Updates: Painters have finished the internal white coat n doors n external render painting. A few patchy workx here n there, need ot talk to SS.

Have the feature limestone rendering

Tilers have started today, to finish in 2 days
More updates if anyone is following my build

Tilers coming bk on friday for grouting.
Kitchen bench in
Electrician was in & 60% done i guess,
stormwater connection guy on friday,
blanco oven in, my Tudor Romeo is to be installed , cant wait to see it on the bench

Getting exited n closer......
Wandering
OwnHome
Hi guys, who r u using for window treatments...kresta, abc, ???
wat sort of quotes / budget r u luking at?

I'm just starting to go get some quotes now - from Kresta, and soon from curtain world. Curtain world did our blinds in our current house - their prices were good last time as what I wanted was on sale - I haven't seen the same sale again...

Oh yes, gud quote with Curtain world, finalising b/n them n easy living
OwnHome

Tilers coming bk on friday for grouting. , was in there wen the tilers were onsite n got them to do the full height tiling in shower

Kitchen bench in
blanco oven in, my Tudor Romeo is to be installed , cant wait to see it on the bench

Did they charge you for the extra tiling? Are you showing pictures on here? Would be nice to see while I wait for mine to get going

Any idea when yours might be finished? It all sounding pretty promising. I can't wait til mine is at that point - all the good stuff goes in!
Yeap, following. If you don't mind, are you able to tell us what roller blinds costs if you are getting them from the respective company?
Any big panel sliders?
wow - lots going on there OwnHome! and yes, I'm following!
Wandering
OwnHome

Tilers coming bk on friday for grouting. , was in there wen the tilers were onsite n got them to do the full height tiling in shower

Kitchen bench in

Did they charge you for the extra tiling? Are you showing pictures on here? Would be nice to see while I wait for mine to get going

Any idea when yours might be finished? It all sounding pretty promising. I can't wait til mine is at that point - all the good stuff goes in!

Ofcourse , they did but did beat DAH price quoted during prestart
duke
Yeap, following. If you don't mind, are you able to tell us what roller blinds costs if you are getting them from the respective company?
Any big panel sliders?

we were luking rollers only in theatre,but the consultant recommended not to, as the window itself is wide n hence we wud need 2 rollers, which wud let a lot of lite in thru hte gaps.

so far we have decided to go with verticals all thru, venetans (not hte aluminium) , the timber luk PVC ones

for u to get an idea on the price
2.3 X 1.5 costs ard $271 from westral but the vertical wud cost u $178
duke
Any big panel sliders?

I got a quote from Kresta for roller blinds. ~$400-460 per bedroom window... (then they give 50% off)... even my small theatre awning windows are $342 each with them (then take 50% off). For verticals for my living room sliding door would be $520 (then take 50% off). So the prices with the 50% off seem comparable perhaps...
OwnHome
Ofcourse , they did but did beat DAH price quoted during prestart

Interesting. We have them tiling full height in our ensuite shower (prestart - was pretty cheap i thought), but not the minor bathroom shower. Can you let me know how much it cost (PM?). Did you ask them to do just the shower or the whole room? Could you post a pic?
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welc ... Ri2at2LI9A
OwnHome
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AZNnLRi2at2LI9A

Wow - its looking so great!!! I so can't wait until my tiliing is done. Thanks for the pictures.

With my full height tiling in the shower they are doing the cornice after the tiles, so I was interested to see what it would look like when they do the tiles when the cornice is alreay in place. Your bathrooms and kitchen look great!! Your colours in your bathrooms/laundry aren't too different from mine so it is like a sneak peak at what mine will look like too!
Own Home - have they given you an estimate of when your house may be finished? Out place was locked up on the 15th of March and they seem to be travelling well. I am having tiling meeting on Thursday so I wonder how long it will be until it's all finished....
GroovyOne
Own Home - have they given you an estimate of when your house may be finished? Out place was locked up on the 15th of March and they seem to be travelling well. I am having tiling meeting on Thursday so I wonder how long it will be until it's all finished....

hmm, SS says End of april. hopefull everything shud be finished by then, otherwise no way we'll tk the keys, Well if we have the choice

usualy 8 wks from lock up
Congrats on birth if I'm not mistaken and if not too late. I can't remember if you have glass splashback in the kitchen. If so, can you take a pic for me what kind of gap if any between the splashback and rangehood please?
I see the title, but I don't see a post about your little boy!

When did he arrive? Details, OH, details! Your selection of name and his choice of birth weight are as important as the colour of your splashback, you know?!

Congratulations! An exciting year for you and your family
duke
Congrats on birth if I'm not mistaken and if not too late. I can't remember if you have glass splashback in the kitchen. If so, can you take a pic for me what kind of gap if any between the splashback and rangehood please?

Sorry Duke, ss still has to arrange the splash bk, range hood the following week, still lots to be done.
where r u upto?
Related
5/12/2023
Concerns with my Tiler's job. With Pictures

Bathrooms and Laundry

Regardless of wall hung toilet or floor pan toilet your feet will be right on drain, seems to me the waste should not be in that location given the design. Also are you…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum