Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who is building with Beechwood

Page 785 of 788
Needamoneytree
What was the hold up in council?
I am worried about council.

NAMT have you been following it on the council DA Tracking system. Long delays can be experienced if the tracking system showing items as required or not submitted, we had a few things on tracking system that we chased BW up with to save some time.
bredani
Hi all
Just wondering if anyone had their price change between tender stage and contract stage for amounts other than upgrades? Costs / provisional allowances that beechwood added in? We've just signed off on our tender and are almost at colour stage. At the moment our provisional allowance amount is $2,200 for site fencing and stainless steel straps to support internal drainage.

I'm just wondering what additional costs we may be hit with at contract stage that are out of our control. We're planning on upgrading tapware / handles etc but don't want to go crazy if we're going to be hit with extra provisionals.

Thanks heaps

Yeah we got slugged massively from tender to contract. They added close to 11k extra on contract signing, however come final payment we actually got close to 13k credit. Guess it depends on what the extra cost were that they slugged you with, I wouldn't upgrade with Bw On tapeware etc. you will get it far cheaper directly after the build. Unless you can supply and have their plumber instal
Fel34
Cman
Fel34
Hi we are Currently waiting for our build to start in Newcastle did anyone's start within 28 days?
They have pegged the land out so far that was over 2 weeks ago .

What you building!!

We are building Bordeaux Guest

You will love the design we just finished building the Bordeaux guest. Love the house.
Tom2016
Fel34
Hi we are Currently waiting for our build to start in Newcastle did anyone's start within 28 days?

Hi fel34 I would suggest that they have already started if they have done your house peg out. So technically the build has started.

The day after we signed out contract they pegged out and was a couple of days after that they started to do the cut

We started dead on the 28th day. We were also told when the site is cut that's when your contracted 26 or 30 weeks begins.
Tom2016
Needamoneytree

NAMT have you been following it on the council DA Tracking system. Long delays can be experienced if the tracking system showing items as required or not submitted, we had a few things on tracking system that we chased BW up with to save some time.

We are not in council that I know of yet. Set back with basix will take at least 3 weeks.

Needamoneytree
Tom2016
Needamoneytree

We are not in council that I know of yet. Set back with basix will take at least 3 weeks.

That's no good at all. Hopefully they have started fixing the issue I know someone going through the Nowra office that was told this week it will take 10/12 weeks just for plans
😲 omg, that's too long. Nearly 3 months. Can't believe this, we paid deposit 2 weeks ago and advised 4-6 week max.
Yeah they are flat out down there they. They cover such a huge area.

I think our plans took a round that of not longer.

Bordeaux4Guest
Tom2016
Fel34

Hi fel34 I would suggest that they have already started if they have done your house peg out. So technically the build has started.

The day after we signed out contract they pegged out and was a couple of days after that they started to do the cut

We started dead on the 28th day. We were also told when the site is cut that's when your contracted 26 or 30 weeks begins.

Thank you I contacted beechwood on Wednesday and was advised they are hoping to start on the 1st of September we can't wait 😊
Fel34
Bordeaux4Guest
Tom2016
[quote="Fel34"]Hi we are Currently waiting for our build to start in Newcastle did anyone's start within 28 days?

Thank you I contacted beechwood on Wednesday and was advised they are hoping to start on the 1st of September we can't wait
[/quote]Welcome to a roller coaster of a ride...it'll be fun lol

http://buildingourhumblehome.blogspot.com
How's things going with your place Tapasr? do you have an expected handover date? we have tiler in at the moment and looking at hand over next month
newb
How's things going with your place Tapasr? do you have an expected handover date? we have tiler in at the moment and looking at hand over next month
The ensuite and main bathroom and laundry have been tiled. First coat of painting all over and all doors... MrK was told 6-8 wks two weeks ago but for some reason things are painfully slow these days

Congrats on your one Newb...We are yet to hear from our new SS and our customer rep...stressful these days

http://buildingourhumblehome.blogspot.com
House went into council today !!

Fale of T
So far so good. But a little more communication would be great.
Good luck with the rest of your build 🙂

There is no communication from the North Coast branch. They will certainly never put anything in writing. Even when standing on site in front of Fair Trading, they will not open their mouths.

If your house is being built reasonably, then you won't have an issue. If you have a couple of drunk blind retarded monkeys doing the brickwork like ours, then it's a nightmare.

I'm keeping it offline for now, but will eventually have it all back up. The rectification work is worse than the crap job they did from the start.

I'm aware of at least 1 house in our area where the owners spent close to $50k in legal fees taking BW through court to have their house rectified. Aware of another which is about to ramp up with legal proceedings. In all cases, the brickwork is the worst part.

Ours has multiple areas which do not comply to AS3700-2011 and all they can come up with as a response is "not all bricks are straight" or "they're laid by hand not machine" as if that's some kind of reason to produce non compliant work.

They honestly appear to us, they have no interest in rectifying terrible workmanship to show a quality home. Our house is on a corner and the area they've mostly stuffed up is the street facing corner. It's just mind boggling to think they would rather be dicks about it, then to produce something that looks good for everyone to see.
Hi all,

There has been a Facebook page started about your build with beechwood and most have gone over. Check it out on the link below https://m.facebook.com/groups/222682298259225
So, after emailing Beechwood yesterday (we haven't heard anything from then since 27th July) the electrician emailed for an appointment.
Still heard nothing from Beechwood. I thought they notified about posting etc?
Time to book that in.

Also, our 28 days was up last Wednesday. Silt fence put up & toilet.
How long till they do piers? (Roughly)

Cheers
jonesyGT
So, after emailing Beechwood yesterday (we haven't heard anything from then since 27th July) the electrician emailed for an appointment.
Still heard nothing from Beechwood. I thought they notified about posting etc?
Time to book that in.

Also, our 28 days was up last Wednesday. Silt fence put up & toilet.
How long till they do piers? (Roughly)

Cheers

Our 28 days started from the 25th of July we hadn't heard anything either until I emailed my other contact and was told that the build should start by the 1st of September . We haven't heard from the electrician or anything .
Very similar time frame Fell.
I emailed all 3 contacts we were given.

Our electrical says if they've started brickwork then they may not be able to supply & install what you've requested.

I'm hoping they start piers for us in the next few days. More likely next week by the looks.
jonesyGT
Very similar time frame Fell.
I emailed all 3 contacts we were given.

Our electrical says if they've started brickwork then they may not be able to supply & install what you've requested.

I'm hoping they start piers for us in the next few days. More likely next week by the looks.

we emailed the two we were given and no reply so we contacted another person and got a reply within 5 minutes .

I hope something starts on ours as they said they are hoping to start by the 1st of September but nothing yet .
Fingers crossed for more progress for you .
Do you have any fencing up? Or nothing?
I feel I've left them long enough now & will have to start pushing a lot more than I have.
Related
9/05/2023
what to add for energy efficiency building volume home

Eco Living

go upvc window frames ensure insulation under colorbond. not just sarking, lighter color roof also not sure if you have seen this viewtopic.php?t=5823 last couple of pages…

11/05/2023
Building duplex at the hills council area

Building A New House

Even if it's not being sub-divided and you want to keep it as Torrens title, you will still need to talk to a town planner or Council themselves, to see if they will allow…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum