Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who is building with Beechwood

Page 744 of 788
Tom2016
Cman
Is it anticon blanket/Roof sarking is included in the Indulgence Package?

It's an upgrade from the indulgence package. But honestly this is one area not to go cheap on. Go the anti con rather that sarking

wow braddy your build seems to have happened so quick!!!

what's the diff between anti com and sarking and what's the price difference?

I agree with Tom, you may not get the rain on a tin roof sound though, if that's what you're going for.

poppet82
Tom2016
Cman

It's an upgrade from the indulgence package. But honestly this is one area not to go cheap on. Go the anti con rather that sarking

Anticon blanket is also an insulation. Sarking is just a weatherproof blanket with no insulation... without either any condensation on the under side of the roof material may see in drop into the ceiling insulation

Roof delivered today took 2 trucks to deliver it lol. On holidays for the next month so it's going to be great seeing it come alive. Got an update today from our supervisor and it sounds like it's going to be a busy month onsite.
Cman

No we have had to pay extra for it.

poppet82
Tom2016
Cman

what sort of roof are you having? we were told anticon is for colourbond roof and sarking for tiles.
We have our PCI on Monday too. We still need carpets, appliances, and fly screens. With only 1 working day to go I am thinking it won't be finished either.
Could anyone answer, how much they charged for upgrading to anticon blanket!!
Cman

Our anticon is $4385. We have it for our fire rating.
We were just going to go sarking, but need anticon due to 12.5 BAL requirement.

12.5 BAL in a flood zone.

adds so much to build cost.

[edit]

our build started on 22 Nov (staked out?), we just got invoice for fit out stage...that's 5 months so far... not sure what is considered fast, but i see people finished within 6 months.. dont see that happening for us.

but thats ok, i am hoping by end of June and i will be happy. next stage include:

not sure how long that all takes.
Cman

We building the Bordeaux guest so about 250m2 and anticon blanket cost $3,530 and sarking was about $3,200 at the time. This was quoted in early 2016 so there might have been a price rise.
Tom2016
Cman

We building the Bordeaux guest so about 250m2 and anticon blanket cost $3,530 and sarking was about $3,200 at the time. This was quoted in early 2016 so there might have been a price rise.

Ours is after price rise and on an approximate 370m2 home.

I have to chase up updates.

anyone have any recommendations for vanity lighting? I was going to put a downlight above but now im worried that might cast too much of a shadow so am thinking of maybe a wall light? opinions please
braddy_
I have to chase up updates.

does anyone get weekly updates??
newb
anyone have any recommendations for vanity lighting? I was going to put a downlight above but now im worried that might cast too much of a shadow so am thinking of maybe a wall light? opinions please

You can get light up mirrors now to counteract the down light shadow saw them at the home show.

Needamoneytree
newb

You can get light up mirrors now to counteract the down light shadow saw them at the home show.

Saw a few examples in our local Harvey Norman with inbuilt lights in the mirror

http://buildingourhumblehome.blogspot.com
Land Deposit - 20.08.2016
Land Registered - 27.09.2016
Land Settlement - 07.11.2016
House Deposit - 27.11.2016
House Contracts - 16.02.2017
House Build Starts - 10.04.2017
Building with Beechwood Homes
oh ok im pretty sure im going to go for a wall light and can the downlight.

Pendant lights, what height is everyone having them above the kitchen bench? we bought some lovely glass ones today and my other half wants them really high because he is so tall and they will be in his line of sight any lower but I think they will look silly. We just have a standard roof height so I just want to know the measurement from the bench to the end of the pendant. Otherwise we may have to look at different lighting options.
newb
oh ok im pretty sure im going to go for a wall light and can the downlight.

Pendant lights, what height is everyone having them above the kitchen bench? we bought some lovely glass ones today and my other half wants them really high because he is so tall and they will be in his line of sight any lower but I think they will look silly. We just have a standard roof height so I just want to know the measurement from the bench to the end of the pendant. Otherwise we may have to look at different lighting options.

Brickies finished the brick piers on Saturday. Was surprised to see anyone working on the weekend. Sounds like they keen to make up some lost time.. roof should be startinging tomorrow.. electrical rough in on Thursday.. all moving forward
Related
9/05/2023
what to add for energy efficiency building volume home

Eco Living

go upvc window frames ensure insulation under colorbond. not just sarking, lighter color roof also not sure if you have seen this viewtopic.php?t=5823 last couple of pages…

11/05/2023
Building duplex at the hills council area

Building A New House

Even if it's not being sub-divided and you want to keep it as Torrens title, you will still need to talk to a town planner or Council themselves, to see if they will allow…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum