Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who is building with Beechwood

Page 742 of 788
newb
Moscato how do you like the house now you have been in for a while? we are building the same house

Absolutely love it. It's quite a dark house but that could be just positioning as we are on a small block. Love that the kids bedrooms is seperate, although it's quite a walk in the middle of the night to take the 3yr old to the loo. But I love that our room is next to hers so I can hear her in the night, even if I have to walk a while to get to her lol. We use bed 5 as a study. Bed 4 has 2 pre teen with single beds and still plenty of space. We changed the wardrobe from bed 3 to open in bed 4 (so bed 4 has 2 wardrobes) then added a wardrobe in bed 3 so it mirror imaged bed 2. Bed 2 and 3 have heaps of room with single beds and a billion toys. Love that the home theatre is at the front completely away from the living. The living/dining is quite echoey but has settled a bit since adding more furniture. We did the grand terrezza. Glad we did, kids love riding their scooters out there. That will change when we get outdoor setting though. The pavilion 3 windows and front piers really limits looking out the front windows. But we only really go in there at night so no real big deal. We were Not used to living in such a big house so moving in was fun. Going from garage to kids rooms is a long way when doing it 50 thousand times.
All in all, we are extremely happy with the design, colours and choices.

We have BH maintenance crew coming tomorrow. This will be interesting.

newb
We thought you had to know your tile selections for the colours appointment so we had been into Beaumont and made our choices before then, it wasn't until we were at colours they told us we didn't have to decide yet lol. Good luck for your electrical appointment im finding that the hardest thing to finalise.

Same newb..We were all ready with our tiles decision when we went to the colour appointment only to be told to hold those thoughts until they call us...Which made me revise our choices so many times lol

http://buildingourhumblehome.blogspot.com
Land Deposit - 20.08.2016
Land Registered - 27.09.2016
Land Settlement - 07.11.2016
House Deposit - 27.11.2016
House Contracts - 16.02.2017
House Build Starts - 10.04.2017
Building with Beechwood Homes
tapasr_Lexia4
newb
We thought you had to know your tile selections for the colours appointment so we had been into Beaumont and made our choices before then, it wasn't until we were at colours they told us we didn't have to decide yet lol. Good luck for your electrical appointment im finding that the hardest thing to finalise.

Same newb..We were all ready with our tiles decision when we went to the colour appointment only to be told to hold those thoughts until they call us...Which made me revise our choices so many times lol

haha that's why ive locked mine in now instead of waiting so I cant change my mind
Moscato5
newb
Moscato how do you like the house now you have been in for a while? we are building the same house

Absolutely love it. It's quite a dark house but that could be just positioning as we are on a small block. Love that the kids bedrooms is seperate, although it's quite a walk in the middle of the night to take the 3yr old to the loo. But I love that our room is next to hers so I can hear her in the night, even if I have to walk a while to get to her lol. We use bed 5 as a study. Bed 4 has 2 pre teen with single beds and still plenty of space. We changed the wardrobe from bed 3 to open in bed 4 (so bed 4 has 2 wardrobes) then added a wardrobe in bed 3 so it mirror imaged bed 2. Bed 2 and 3 have heaps of room with single beds and a billion toys. Love that the home theatre is at the front completely away from the living. The living/dining is quite echoey but has settled a bit since adding more furniture. We did the grand terrezza. Glad we did, kids love riding their scooters out there. That will change when we get outdoor setting though. The pavilion 3 windows and front piers really limits looking out the front windows. But we only really go in there at night so no real big deal. We were Not used to living in such a big house so moving in was fun. Going from garage to kids rooms is a long way when doing it 50 thousand times.
All in all, we are extremely happy with the design, colours and choices.

We have BH maintenance crew coming tomorrow. This will be interesting.

awesome, I cant wait to be living in the house I love the layout so much. I thought it might be a little dark, we are thinking of putting in a skylight eventually. Im so glad the rooms have lots of space, the rooms we have in this house are tiny. We have the grand terrazza too but we didn't get the floor done we are doing it after handover. Did you get a door on your theatre room, we put one on then took it off and im hoping we did the right thing and the noise doesn't travel too much. Good luck with the maintenance.
Finally new piers for the roof been poured today... am soo looking forward to moving forward and getting this house finished. Sounds the correct steel beams will be delivered Friday with brickie back Monday then all going to plan roof facia and gutter by the end of week. Looking forward to seeing the build progress.
Fence up and they put the form today for us. Piering happened last week. Hubby spoke to one of the concreters today and they said tomorrow the plumbing will be made then the steel mesh will be laid to ready it for pouring by Friday hopefully...things are truly moving now.

How exciting Lexia!

Needamoneytree
How exciting Lexia!

Indeed NMT.... tomorrow is electrical appointment but thanks to Tom here, we're arming ourselves with side informations

Hahaa nice work make sure you let us know how you go.

tapasr_Lexia4
Needamoneytree
How exciting Lexia!

Indeed NMT.... tomorrow is electrical appointment but thanks to Tom here, we're arming ourselves with side informations

It's great to see you guys on the move. Good luck with electrical tomorrow
awesome, I cant wait to be living in the house I love the layout so much. I thought it might be a little dark, we are thinking of putting in a skylight eventually. Im so glad the rooms have lots of space, the rooms we have in this house are tiny. We have the grand terrazza too but we didn't get the floor done we are doing it after handover. Did you get a door on your theatre room, we put one on then took it off and im hoping we did the right thing and the noise doesn't travel too much. Good luck with the maintenance.[/quote]

No we didn't get the door to home theatre. It's really strange cos the noise from living/dining travels to theatre, but the noise from theatre barely travels back.

We did put a door on ensuite though.

Newb, did you get the windows in your living area larger? That will let more light in. We did that; from 1409 to 1909's. I think it cost like only $80 for both windows.

Flying back from South Australia tomorrow. It will be nice to see how far things have progressed. Gyprock has been delivered I've been told and I received these photos too.

Broadynest
Flying back from South Australia tomorrow. It will be nice to see how far things have progressed. Gyprock has been delivered I've been told and I received these photos too.

Looking great Broady

Can't find anywhere else to ask so I will ask here.

Has anyone build a house with a cove colorbond roof? Looking for real life photos.

tapasr_Lexia4
Needamoneytree
How exciting Lexia!

How did your electrical appointment go.
Moscato5
awesome, I cant wait to be living in the house I love the layout so much. I thought it might be a little dark, we are thinking of putting in a skylight eventually. Im so glad the rooms have lots of space, the rooms we have in this house are tiny. We have the grand terrazza too but we didn't get the floor done we are doing it after handover. Did you get a door on your theatre room, we put one on then took it off and im hoping we did the right thing and the noise doesn't travel too much. Good luck with the maintenance.

No we didn't get the door to home theatre. It's really strange cos the noise from living/dining travels to theatre, but the noise from theatre barely travels back.

We did put a door on ensuite though. [/quote]

oh that's interesting, it should work well for us if the noise travels like that, we put a door on our ensuite too

Broadynest
Newb, did you get the windows in your living area larger? That will let more light in. We did that; from 1409 to 1909's. I think it cost like only $80 for both windows.

no we didn't, I wish id thought of that we just always had in mind we would do a skylight eventually.

tapasr_Lexia4
Fence up and they put the form today for us. Piering happened last week. Hubby spoke to one of the concreters today and they said tomorrow the plumbing will be made then the steel mesh will be laid to ready it for pouring by Friday hopefully...things are truly moving now.

How exciting Tapasr! Its so interesting seeing them preparing for the slab! there is a lot more involved that I thought there was. How did your electrical appointment go?

My exciting news is we are getting a slab as I type this woo hoo im so excited!!! we don't live far away from our block so I drive past regularly lol.
Ours is near home too and I just got home but not after passing by the land and this is what is delivered today. They formed last Wed then did the pipes yesterday then this today. Not sure if they work on Saturday though but I'll try to pass by again tomorrow after work (doing overtime)...
As for electrical appointment, we walked out with a bill of $1789 but it won't finalise until they are in the bricking stage...We still would have to review them. Most of the expense are PowerPoints, data points and other provisions for outside lights and mind you no downlights here yet...
I sent a email to Beechwood today as apparently we only have one automatic garage door as according to South West electrical there was only one single power point - to be confirmed when they answer my email. We opted for two doors garage to save on paying for an overhead beam which is around $2500...
Congrats on your slab newb...We're hoping ours will be next week.
How long do other's slab cured for?
So we're batchmates newb... are you a single storey too? Where are you building again? We're building here in the South West Sydney

hey tapasr did you end up getting confirmation about the heartwood tiles?
from prospect or Sydney?

our plans are stuck in council with some issues so we are just hoping after 5 years in the making this build may happen by 2018

poppet82
hey tapasr did you end up getting confirmation about the heartwood tiles?
from prospect or Sydney?

our plans are stuck in council with some issues so we are just hoping after 5 years in the making this build may happen by 2018

Yes hun. I emailed Vic Cavassini directly who acted straight away. He did apologised and said that he was not aware of the matter. He said I can have that tiles at no extra cost then cc their purchasing manager to look after me and to inform Beaumont Prospect when I get my tiles appointment.
So happy overall and now I'm changing our hallway, living and kitchen area with Heartwood Walnut tiles lol.
Land is about to be slabbed hopefully by Monday unless work on weekend lol.
Hope yours will be moving along soon poppet. Would love to see photos of yours too

Related
9/05/2023
what to add for energy efficiency building volume home

Eco Living

go upvc window frames ensure insulation under colorbond. not just sarking, lighter color roof also not sure if you have seen this viewtopic.php?t=5823 last couple of pages…

11/05/2023
Building duplex at the hills council area

Building A New House

Even if it's not being sub-divided and you want to keep it as Torrens title, you will still need to talk to a town planner or Council themselves, to see if they will allow…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum