Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who is building with Beechwood

Page 737 of 788
[/quote]Hi Tom
So how long will it have been if they finish bricks in next 2 days?
My brickies start next week and just gauging how long they will take. Thanks[/quote]

Tapsk it will be a total of 3-4 days from start to finish. Beechwood put a massive crew on the job today there was 7 of them working. They said they normally work for private builders. It's a decent size house Bordeaux guest with a split level. Their work is impeccable, cleaning as they go wall looks good .[/quote]Nice one. Been watching your progress and you are a couple steps ahead so its been good viewing. What size is the house? [/quote]

It's about 255m2.. we have had a few bumps in the road but hopefully it's all sorted now. Found out yesterday that the kitchen was in production and due for delivery is the end of the month.. I doubt that will happen as I would think they have a bit of work to do before that. What area are you building Tapsk? What sort of house?
Tom2016
Hi Tom
So how long will it have been if they finish bricks in next 2 days?
My brickies start next week and just gauging how long they will take. Thanks[/quote]

Tapsk it will be a total of 3-4 days from start to finish. Beechwood put a massive crew on the job today there was 7 of them working. They said they normally work for private builders. It's a decent size house Bordeaux guest with a split level. Their work is impeccable, cleaning as they go wall looks good .[/quote]Nice one. Been watching your progress and you are a couple steps ahead so its been good viewing. What size is the house? [/quote]

It's about 255m2.. we have had a few bumps in the road but hopefully it's all sorted now. Found out yesterday that the kitchen was in production and due for delivery is the end of the month.. I doubt that will happen as I would think they have a bit of work to do before that. What area are you building Tapsk? What sort of house?[/quote]It looks like you have had good comms so far. I'm building the Hayman 33 with an extra garage. I've had gutters & fascias done. Bricks were delayed due to bad batch, but have now been delivered. Roof(colourbond) to be finished tomorrow. Bricks were planned before roof but due to the bad batch the roof jumped the queue.
Like everyone else we have the worst possible rain stretch causing delays. Kitchen sounds early, but thats a good thing i guess.

I think it's because we behind. It sat idle after frame for about 5 weeks. Roof not on yet so as far as we been told roof gutters electrical rough in and gyprock needs to be done before kitchen. I would imagine that they will just push the delivery date back. Very happy so far with The brick crew even down to the detail.. instead of building the mortar bed that few mm bigger they have spliced small slithers of bricks in around the entry area, there attention to detail is great. hardly and motar on the face of the brick and they cleaning as they go. Beds look good no holes or cracks.
Ok So lets try this out... Updates in pictures below... lol... more to follow once updated on computer (currently on the phone)

Slab Formwork - Front - 17/01/2017

Slab Formwork - Rear - 17/01/2017

Slab Poured - Front - 19/01/2017

Slab Poured - Rear - 19/01/2017

Frames & Windows have arrived - 26/01/2017

Frames up (Earlier date - no dayshots found yet) Gutters & Fascias started - 09/02/2017

More Gutters & Fascias, this time on the Façade - 10/02/2017

Roof tiles have arrived - 14/02/2017

Roof tile installed (can see the split here) - 18/02/2017

More Roof tile, that Façade really looks great (Pav 3) - 18/02/2017

Ohhhhhh the Bricks have arrived - 24/02/2017

Bricks have started - 01/03/2017

Really moving with the bricks - 05/03/2017

Coming along nicely - 05/03/2017

YAY!!! Looking like a real house - 08/03/2017

Façade really looking the part - 08/03/2017

Eaves have been done and the Coffered Ceiling looks great - 11/03/2017

Plumbing, Electrical & Insulation all fitted (around 20/03/2017 sorry no pics yet) and Gyprock Arrived - 26/03/2017

Terrazza Looking Great with the Gyprock - 28/03/2017

Gyprock Fitted and looking fine, Split Entry - 28/03/2017

Ohhhh Living is looking great - 28/03/2017
bpj1980
Ok So lets try this out... Updates in pictures below... lol... more to follow once updated on computer (currently on the phone)

Slab Formwork - Front - 17/01/2017

Slab Formwork - Rear - 17/01/2017

Slab Poured - Front - 19/01/2017

Slab Poured - Rear - 19/01/2017

Frames & Windows have arrived - 26/01/2017

Frames up (Earlier date - no dayshots found yet) Gutters & Fascias started - 09/02/2017

More Gutters & Fascias, this time on the Façade - 10/02/2017

Roof tiles have arrived - 14/02/2017

Roof tile installed (can see the split here) - 18/02/2017

More Roof tile, that Façade really looks great (Pav 3) - 18/02/2017

Ohhhhhh the Bricks have arrived - 24/02/2017

Bricks have started - 01/03/2017

Really moving with the bricks - 05/03/2017

Coming along nicely - 05/03/2017

YAY!!! Looking like a real house - 08/03/2017

Façade really looking the part - 08/03/2017

Eaves have been done and the Coffered Ceiling looks great - 11/03/2017

Plumbing, Electrical & Insulation all fitted (around 20/03/2017 sorry no pics yet) and Gyprock Arrived - 26/03/2017

Terrazza Looking Great with the Gyprock - 28/03/2017

Gyprock Fitted and looking fine, Split Entry - 28/03/2017

Ohhhh Living is looking great - 28/03/2017

Wow BPJ you have come a long way in 2 months... looking fantastic what area are you building in?
Tom2016
Wow BPJ you have come a long way in 2 months... looking fantastic what area are you building in?

Hey Tom, thanks its really exploded... wait to see the other updates.... lol
We are building at Wadalba (Central Coast) and after a bumpy start (Issues with the lot, registering, having to split) we are finally getting somewhere.
Beechwood have been fantastic along the way (except colour selections but she has gone now) our SS is on the ball and knows some really good trades,
We will see how everything else is going along... cant wait to finally move in...
Wow bpj1980 that's awesomely quick...Loooove the photo updates...Thanks for sharing

http://buildingourhumblehome.blogspot.com
Land Deposit - 20.08.2016
Land Registered - 27.09.2016
Land Settlement - 07.11.2016 
House Deposit - 27.11.2016
House Contracts - 16.02.2017
House Build Starts - 10.04.2017
Building with Beechwood Homes
So another week passes and still no closer to getting this strip footing holding the extended roof line fixed. Was brought up 6 weeks ago and the concrete supervisor was going to again have it done by today the latest so it dosent hold the bricks up. Brickie will be finished Monday so they are going to have to come back more delays. Might be time to head to fair trading to get them to resolve as concrete was paid for ages ago and nothing much being done about it. See what the outcome is Monday with the construction manager. We have been more than fair getting this sorted
So excited 😊 we received our linen plan for the land last week! Which aloud us to go and put our deposit down with beechwood! So excited to finally get some real plans of our house instread of make shift drawn all over plans!!
tapasr_Lexia4
Any work on our land was supposed to commenced on Monday 10 April 2017...but look at what we found today 05.04.2017 after I arrived from work .... We just wanted to take a photos before work starts but we found our land has already been benched... Or perhaps taking advantage of work after so many days of rain... thanks #beechwoodhomes for being so efficient.

Have you seen an antique porta loo ...there it is lol
Five days before commencement date and they've done things anyway... Woohoooo

How exciting!! Can't wait to see your house go up.
Needamoneytree
So excited 😊 we received our linen plan for the land last week! Which aloud us to go and put our deposit down with beechwood! So excited to finally get some real plans of our house instread of make shift drawn all over plans!!

Oh exciting times ahead NAMT... Looking forward to your updates soon

Needamoneytree

Great news NAMT. Looking forward to the updates
I was getting to the point where I gad given up hope the beechwood house would fit and was waiting to face having to find another house. But realestate people are just big liars I have found who have no clue what is going on.

Needamoneytree
I was getting to the point where I gad given up hope the beechwood house would fit and was waiting to face having to find another house. But realestate people are just big liars I have found who have no clue what is going on.

Oh no. But on the bright side, things are slowly progressing, better than nothing at all...Looking forward to your updates soon

Anyone could answer how often Beechwood Increase base price?
Cman
Anyone could answer how often Beechwood Increase base price?

Last price rise was September and about yearly. But don't quote me it's the feeling I get from them

Tom2016
So another week passes and still no closer to getting this strip footing holding the extended roof line fixed. Was brought up 6 weeks ago and the concrete supervisor was going to again have it done by today the latest so it dosent hold the bricks up. Brickie will be finished Monday so they are going to have to come back more delays. Might be time to head to fair trading to get them to resolve as concrete was paid for ages ago and nothing much being done about it. See what the outcome is Monday with the construction manager. We have been more than fair getting this sorted
Once a year then that would be great...
How did you go Tom?
Cman
Once a year then that would be great...

We paid our deposit on the weekend and the answer we got to when's the next price was "no rise soon"

Related
9/05/2023
what to add for energy efficiency building volume home

Eco Living

go upvc window frames ensure insulation under colorbond. not just sarking, lighter color roof also not sure if you have seen this viewtopic.php?t=5823 last couple of pages…

11/05/2023
Building duplex at the hills council area

Building A New House

Even if it's not being sub-divided and you want to keep it as Torrens title, you will still need to talk to a town planner or Council themselves, to see if they will allow…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum