Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who is building with Beechwood

Page 729 of 788
poppet, I believe they are the 500*500 instead of the standard 450*450. You could always go to the top and spend an absurd amount of money and get the 600*600.
bredani
tecnoz78
Thanks Bredani and Bordeaux4Guest for replying.
I have included it in the tender. Just waiting for tender now.
Thnx again

You're welcome. Where abouts are you building tecnoz? And what design have you chosen?

At Oran park. Have asked tender for Vardelho guest (increased the width of house by 1 mtr. Also some changes internally.

Happy to share that we've received our commencement letter stating 10 April as the magic date .... can't wait...I'm pretty sure it will feel like eternity just waiting for it...
Hope everyone is well in this crazy weather afternoon....

Bordeaux4Guest
Looks amazing so far Broadynest
. You doing Terrazza after handover I take it?

Yeah, we will be concreting and tiling. The tile we have chosen for our Terraza are the same as the ones we are laying throughout the house; heartwood eucalypt, but with a different slip rating.

Good luck tomorrow with your PCI tomorrow Sheridan. Let's hope that it is all sorted for you. Make sure you send us all some pictures through too!

Grace33
jonesyGT
What's the average build time for single level?
24 weeks?
If so, does this include the 28 day start?
I'm after a rough idea of times as we've been dealing with this since September & still nothing has been submitted to council yet.
3 tenders @ 8 to 10 weeks each plus move an air conditioner from the side of the house to the back, 7 weeks. Hopefully this week we will submit.
I think council will be 6 to 8 weeks. Gives a finish date around December.

From my experience with Beechwood they are very slow. I have noticed on my build they only book one trade at a time. I would expect the build time to be 33 weeks not including the 28 days. My last build took 14 months including council approvals etc. But that was in 2010 when the new owners just took over. They have improved this time around and we haven’t been waiting long between trades.

Thanks Grace.

That basically means we won't be finished this year
Plans need to come back again. So possibly 1 week. Council 6 weeks. 28 days, then build. So 11 odd weeks before we start.
Puts us in June roughly.

Aaaahhhh.
poppet82
jonesyGT
24 weeks?
I'm after a rough idea of times as we've been dealing with this since September & still nothing has been submitted to council yet.
3 tenders @ 8 to 10 weeks each plus move an air conditioner from the side of the house to the back, 7 weeks. Hopefully this week we will submit.

it took us about a year with tenders.. yes 6-12 weeks each time any change made. Which council are you with... some people are approved within a month... we have been waiting since November.. I'm guessing you have at least 9 months to go.

Been going since September.
Blacktown council
I think they average 6 weeks.
I think 2018 is on the cards.
tapasr_Lexia4
Happy to share that we've received our commencement letter stating 10 April as the magic date .... can't wait...I'm pretty sure it will feel like eternity just waiting for it...

So exciting! Congratulations!!!! Hooe this wild weather calns down so they can get started ASAP

Broadynest
Good luck tomorrow with your PCI tomorrow Sheridan. Let's hope that it is all sorted for you. Make sure you send us all some pictures through too!

Thanks Broadynest!!! Very excited and nervous.
I have a list of things to look for so I'll share them and any other issues we find. And photos of course!
BH called today and said they've sent two lots of cleaners out this week so it should be spotless

Sheridan
tapasr_Lexia4

So exciting! Congratulations!!!! Hooe this wild weather calns down so they can get started ASAP

Hope so too, thanks Sheridan... and hoping that 28 days (26 now lol) goes really fast

jonesyGT
poppet82
jonesyGT
24 weeks?

it took us about a year with tenders.. yes 6-12 weeks each time any change made. Which council are you with... some people are approved within a month... we have been waiting since November.. I'm guessing you have at least 9 months to go.

Blacktown council

JonesyGT, we started Sept with Beechwood as well but we had a CDC so that only took 2wks to be approved. Is Blacktown council DA or CDC because if it's DA some say: here that took 10wks to be approved depending on how busy the council is.... Anyway hope it gets faster for you mate.

Sheridan
Broadynest

Thanks Broadynest!!! Very excited and nervous.
I have a list of things to look for so I'll share them and any other issues we find. And photos of course!
BH called today and said they've sent two lots of cleaners out this week so it should be spotless

Exciting times Sheridan...take heaps of photos and share to us your experience ok...We love photos here

Does anyone have any recommendations for under cabinet lights in the kitchen for under the high wall cabinets, that do not require the cabinets to have a 'false floor" ?

Also, do i need to stipulate the location of the laundry power point? i dont want it to be ground level.
braddy_
Also, do i need to stipulate the location of the laundry power point? i dont want it to be ground level.

Hey Braddy, did you do your electrical plan when you did colour selections?? That's when we stipulated what heights we wants power points as well as location of lights.
I'd give your SS or the office a ring to clarify. They "shouldn't" put it on the ground, if you're talking about the washing machine power point. They are generally above the machine on the wall. But don't take any chances. Double check that they know the right spot to put it and if you didn't specify, I'd act like you did just in case to avoid being hit with $1000 variation fee.

jonesyGT
Grace33
jonesyGT
24 weeks?

From my experience with Beechwood they are very slow. I have noticed on my build they only book one trade at a time. I would expect the build time to be 33 weeks not including the 28 days. My last build took 14 months including council approvals etc. But that was in 2010 when the new owners just took over. They have improved this time around and we haven’t been waiting long between trades.

Thanks Grace.

That basically means we won't be finished this year
Plans need to come back again. So possibly 1 week. Council 6 weeks. 28 days, then build. So 11 odd weeks before we start.
Puts us in June roughly.

Aaaahhhh.

Registration, tenders and council are a pain and drag on but once the build starts it seems to go quicker. Work started on our block on the 3rd November. We are now up to the internal wood work. But we had the 4 week break over Christmas. I am hoping we are in by mid June but I will let you know how many weeks it takes. My lease runs out early July so I am worried we may cut it close. My real estate has already asked if I want to sign another 6 or 12 month lease. Dont know if I should be honest or not.

tecnoz78
Hi there
Building my first house. Just want to ask , is it worth taking "Indulgence Package". $22000
Does the things really add up to $22000.
Any info will be appreciated.
Thanks

Tecnoz don't forget that beechwood place their builders margin on top of all the costs from the supplier from contract signing I think it stated 21 or 31% builders margin. So depending on what you wanted it might be easier discussing directly with the trades doing the work. Like talking directly to the tile company etc
tapasr_Lexia4

Great news I bet it's a relief to see some movement.. looking forward to the pictures
jonesyGT
poppet82
jonesyGT
24 weeks?

Blacktown council

Jonsey you might get lucky prior to Christmas. Beechwood don't like holding over houses but the looks of some prior posting if they are nearly completed due to the risk of something happening over the month shutdown period. Fingers crossed
braddy_
Does anyone have any recommendations for under cabinet lights in the kitchen for under the high wall cabinets, that do not require the cabinets to have a 'false floor" ?

We did basic Elec plan at contract and then went to south west electrical in Sydney who are doing the electrical for beechwood in our area and done the electrical plan in detail about a month after contract signing. It was far cheaper than paying the beechwood prices for electrical items. All our heights we chose and were able to move all the points around where we wanted them and anything we wanted added was all done costed and printed on site for us to review. Only thing I can say is do your research prior as they may try to push you in a certian direction when not required. Example being they strongly recommend connecting Fibre throughout the house and from the house to the road for NBN. However there would be no point as it's only copper from the node to the house. Huge money and no gain. Few other things with smoke alarms (we are fire fighters kinda funny debating this one) they advised they needed to replace all the smoke detectors to 12v detectors at another cost. If you go to south west electrical do your research and will save you a packet
Related
23/02/2024
Building inspector recommendations - Melbourne

Building A New House

I do enjoy the drama:-D In his latest two videos he has started bringing security guards to site, I am waiting for the punch on to begin lol

15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum