Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who is building with Beechwood

Page 728 of 788
jonesyGT
jonesyGT
Just looking through our tender as we had to sign off exterior colours yesterday.
Tender has, that the garage should be wider by 500mm. We wanted 6000 x 6000
Standard is 5950 x 5500
It's only been made 30mm wider. 5980 x 5500
Price for this is $1700.

Can they add the width or are we going to just have to go with the standard size garage?
We haven't gone through council yet.

Cheers

Ok, so today, we just recieved plans back. We have picked exterior, changed to a DA submission so we can keep a reasonable size back yard. Its taken from Jan 25 until today.
Only thing I can see now is our fridge cavity. Its only 600 deep.
What have people done to get around this?
This is the first set of plans with a detailed drawing of our kitchen.

You can always get them to change the depth of the fridge cavity. It won't affect council as its internal.
Broadynest

Love those big windows at the front Broadynest!

Sheridan
Broadynest

You reckon those are big windows Sheridan, you wait until you see our corner triple stacker doors when they're installed. They are a feature of the house and really allow the indoors to flow outside. The whole tiled undercover alfresco area will be about 40m2. Can't wait!!! They were actually meant to be installed on Friday but there was a no show from the guys from Trend Sydney. They're the doors over there, sitting in the mud.

What's the average build time for single level?
24 weeks?
If so, does this include the 28 day start?
I'm after a rough idea of times as we've been dealing with this since September & still nothing has been submitted to council yet.
3 tenders @ 8 to 10 weeks each plus move an air conditioner from the side of the house to the back, 7 weeks. Hopefully this week we will submit.
I think council will be 6 to 8 weeks. Gives a finish date around December.
Broadynest
Sheridan
Broadynest

You reckon those are big Sheridan, you wait until you see our corner triple stacker doors when they're installed. They are a feature of the house and really allow the indoors to flow outside. The whole tiled undercover alfresco area will be about 40m2. Can't wait!!! They were actually meant to be installed on Friday but there was a no show from the guys from Trend Sydney. They're the doors over there, sitting in the mud.

Loooove having the our door in...That's looking mighty fine Broadynest

jonesyGT
24 weeks?
I'm after a rough idea of times as we've been dealing with this since September & still nothing has been submitted to council yet.
3 tenders @ 8 to 10 weeks each plus move an air conditioner from the side of the house to the back, 7 weeks. Hopefully this week we will submit.

From my experience with Beechwood they are very slow. I have noticed on my build they only book one trade at a time. I would expect the build time to be 33 weeks not including the 28 days. My last build took 14 months including council approvals etc. But that was in 2010 when the new owners just took over. They have improved this time around and we haven’t been waiting long between trades.

Hi there
Building my first house. Just want to ask , is it worth taking "Indulgence Package". $22000
Does the things really add up to $22000.
Any info will be appreciated.
Thanks

Quote:
You reckon those are big windows Sheridan, you wait until you see our corner triple stacker doors when they're installed. They are a feature of the house and really allow the indoors to flow outside. The whole tiled undercover alfresco area will be about 40m2. Can't wait!!! They were actually meant to be installed on Friday but there was a no show from the guys from Trend Sydney. They're the doors over there, sitting in the mud.

Wow!! They are going to be great. So much natural light in

So... we have our PCI on Wednesday and last week we went to meet a council bloke about the driveway so of course we had a little peek in through the windows as I hadn't seen the bathrooms and carpet done.
Well. It is a bloody pigsty. There a dirty boot prints all over the carpet, the tiles in the bathroom are filthy. There is blue painters tape everywhere which I am assuming are defects. Our grout between tiles in our splash back was black and they have splashed it all over our laundry cabinetry and sink.
I hope it is all cleaned by Wednesday so we can actually see any defects!!!!!
I'm starting to feel nervous! But so excited. I've packed a bit but not all yet as I'm going through everything and figuring out whether it has place at our new home or not.

jonesyGT
24 weeks?

it took us about a year with tenders.. yes 6-12 weeks each time any change made. Which council are you with... some people are approved within a month... we have been waiting since November.. I'm guessing you have at least 9 months to go.

tecnoz78
Hi there
Building my first house. Just want to ask , is it worth taking "Indulgence Package". $22000
Does the things really add up to $22000.
Any info will be appreciated.
Thanks

We're paying the extra for the indulgence plus package and just deleting the few things that we don't really need and getting credits for those (ie, removed the 3 step cornice was a credit of $1,024 and deleting 2000mm high wall tiling to bathroom and enquire was a $2,770 credit). We definitely wanted stone benchtops, 900mm cooker and rangehood and wall niches in showers, so for us it was completely worth the extra $$. This is also our first time building and we researched quite a few other builders prior to beechwood. We've found BW pricing to be very reasonable in comparison. We're building the moscato five in the genesis series
Broadynest
Sheridan
Broadynest

Ah this makes me so impatient. We are still waiting for our land to register. All tenders done and ready to go. I dream every night of our Alfresco
73m square can wait to see yours up broadynest.

Needamoneytree
Broadynest
Sheridan
[quote="Broadynest"]

Ah this makes me so impatient. We are still waiting for our land to register. All tenders done and ready to go. I dream every night of our Alfresco
109m square can wait to see yours up broadynest.

[/quote]

Upon further developments; They're doorsome!!

Broadynest
Needamoneytree
Broadynest
[quote="Sheridan"][quote="Broadynest"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That is going to be amazing for entertaining!!

Broadynest
Needamoneytree
Broadynest
[quote="Sheridan"][quote="Broadynest"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Love the doors! And the pun! Excellent

Looks amazing so far Broadynest
. You doing Terrazza after handover I take it?

For those asking about the indulgence package it certainly is $22k worth. Someone mentioned about the cornices, the higher tiling in the bathrooms/ensuite and the bigger appliances. Then you have your tiled terrazza, your stone benchtops that go everywhere, your upgraded vanities, bigger floor tiles etc it all adds up. You can take bits and pieces from it to turn it into your dream home

Lastly, someone mentioned fridge cavity only 600mm deep. Don't forget to allow the doors to open all the way and freely, we have widen our space to 950mm to fit our twin french door fridge. We left the dept at 600mm so when we open the doors they don't hit any cupboards/walls. We have measured this and it doesn't stick that far out, just the door width which is about 5-10cm.
do you know what the bigger floor tiles in the 22k upgrade refers to ?

Thanks Bredani and Bordeaux4Guest for replying.
I have included it in the tender. Just waiting for tender now.
Thnx again

Hi Poppet82
It's 500x500

tecnoz78
Thanks Bredani and Bordeaux4Guest for replying.
I have included it in the tender. Just waiting for tender now.
Thnx again

You're welcome. Where abouts are you building tecnoz? And what design have you chosen?
Related
9/05/2023
what to add for energy efficiency building volume home

Eco Living

go upvc window frames ensure insulation under colorbond. not just sarking, lighter color roof also not sure if you have seen this viewtopic.php?t=5823 last couple of pages…

11/05/2023
Building duplex at the hills council area

Building A New House

Even if it's not being sub-divided and you want to keep it as Torrens title, you will still need to talk to a town planner or Council themselves, to see if they will allow…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum