Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who is building with Beechwood

Page 8 of 788
Hi Guys
Sorry I haven't been on for a few days.

esm - should have keys tomorrow, we were waiting on the bank for house insurance and until the progress payments get that house insurance they will not release the last payment. Payment was released yesterday and now we need to make our way to Sydney (head office) to get the keys....not easy when you both work full time.

Amanda - hubby said just to ring and talk to the PR department at Wetherill Park....if no satisfaction there I will give you her email......hubby said until we have keys......don't start waves????

Tiler finishes today and carpet Thursday.......will have photos then
so the tiler is able to work even before the handover?
ESM - beechwood will let your own tradesmen onsite as long as beechwood have the cert of insurance for your tradesmen.

Kathy, I phoned, yet again, Beechwood and apparently one of there guys is going out this week to look at the site and plans on having a machine on site next week.
Good news - we got a credit for our temporary fencing. atleast thats something.
looking forward to seeing your photos Kathy.
hi guys
just had the strangest email. we received an email from our 'customer service consultant' introducing herself and explaining that she will be our contact person during the construction process.
then she says our supervisor has received the benching plans and needs us to remove 330 tonnes of soil from our block before they can start!!!! what the!!??
we know there is 330 tonnes of dirt to be removed, but we were told after they cut the block they would notify us and we then have to remove the 330 tonnes of soil, which is fine. BUT they are asking us to remove the soil now, before the block has even been cut!! doesnt even make sense!!
i think there might be a mix up in communication between the SS and the Consultant!! i sure hope that's all it is!!
Mel - Im sure they got it mixed up.
Doesnt sound right to me.

News from me - The guy that does the slabs is going out to our block either tomorrow or friday to check on everything.
Early next week we are getting our site works done and he said we should have a slab by the end of the week (18th)
What a wonderful wedding anniversary present for us(5yrs). we are heading to sydney on the 18th for the weekend - KID FREE..woohoo. this is big for us to not have our kids with us.
my youngest is 15months and will be our first night away from him - im sure his big brother (3.5) will keep him in line at his grandparents place.

update on everyone else?
Hi Everyone....

Things are progressing slowly here......not much else to say really
feeling all very down.......and sick of the crap!!!

ESM.....OMG! 330Tonne that is huge! We just removed 150T that was huge and the cost was unbelievable but had no choice be prepared for a shock! get plenty of quotes, we just recieved an email after it was done to advise it needs to be removed with 3 days and it was our responsibility!

Acre - I do hope you are moving the right direction! I so feel for you! I am know how you are feeling let me tell!

Just Starting - Good Luck with handover, cant believe you have to come all the way to Sydney to collect the keys!
Have sorted out key problem......SS is bringing them through today........carpet today..........appliances Friday........in Saturday

Tiles look wonderful....tiler did a tremendous job....will have photos over weekend.

Not much furniture at this stage and need to get some temporary curtains until I get time to make some.

I would put an ad in the paper for cheap fill to get rid of that soil.....but they need to cut it before you can get rid of it.
Great news Just Starting!! can't wait to see pics!!!

We have a temporary fence up now!! woo hoo!
and we cleared up the removal of soil issue, now just waiting for a date for the benching to be done. Feels great to have some action on the block!
GUESS WHAT GUESS WHAT
They start next Thursday - woohoo - went out there today and We now have a sign up - very cranky though, they have screwed 8 bolts to our brand new timber rail fence - these will leave holes in the timber - so bl00dy cranky. they could have easily wired the sign to the metal gate or even better still, use your own steak posts....
also the beechwood guy asked if we would mind if he uses some dirt from the big pile of dirt we have (about 400/500T of top soil) for fill if he needs it.....aaahhhmmmm NO BL00DY WAY.
for starters - the contract says 'builder to supply fill'
2) this is treated top soil that we have for our gardens
3) get your dirt elsewhere

So glad he asked and just didnt use it - he would be pulling up the slab to give me my top soil back...
Happy days today.....recieved our final plans

and just recieved a call to say our piers are booked for tomorrow at 1pm

So lets hope the rain holds off.....PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE

How is everyone going?

MelC - Yey we were so excited to see the Temp Fence and Porta Loo, hope it moves quickly now...

Acre - Great News! Finally progress - hope the weather stays clear for you too!
Great news Jacknruby
I so hope the rain holds out, apparently our job is the next one for the concretor so he said it should be early next week.
jacknruby
Happy days today.....recieved our final plans

and just recieved a call to say our piers are booked for tomorrow at 1pm

So lets hope the rain holds off.....PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE

How is everyone going?

MelC - Yey we were so excited to see the Temp Fence and Porta Loo, hope it moves quickly now...

Acre - Great News! Finally progress - hope the weather stays clear for you too!

Great news. It looks like you will have slab down within 6 months. Have you had to push them hard to get there?

We are stressing we won't get slab down in time with Beechwood and get slugged with stamp duty.
Sarbear- I have PM you
Hi guys,

First time on here and great to read all your stories and see you are all going through the same process.

Can anyone tell me if they know an address for ANY of the Genesis series homes as I would like to have a sticky beak.

We are building the Merlot with Terazza, Vogue 1 Facade and a few minor upgrades. Cant wait until it all gets started, hopefully this month.
marknbet
Hi guys,

First time on here and great to read all your stories and see you are all going through the same process.

Can anyone tell me if they know an address for ANY of the Genesis series homes as I would like to have a sticky beak.

We are building the Merlot with Terazza, Vogue 1 Facade and a few minor upgrades. Cant wait until it all gets started, hopefully this month.

There isn't any at the moment.

I do know of 4 new Beechwood homes being built in Thornton, Newcastle but sales office don't know what ones will be built. They are hoping it is one of the Genesis ones.
Hi Marknbet

Welcome - we too are building the Merlot with the Terazza, how exciting! We went with the classic front and we to are building in the hills district too!

Look forward to sharing your journey!
Thanks sarbear, I know you have all expressed your views on it previously but I would just love to see a completed home, even if its not the Merlot just to get a fair idea of the finished product from the Genesis series.

Jacknruby good to hear someone close by is building the same house. Did you have an exisiting home and demolish/rebuild or did you buy vacant land? My wife and I recently sold our home and are renting whilst we build this one but due to all the delays (inevitable) looks like our lease will run out before the building is complete when we were banking on having a 'smooth transition', isnt it great to be delusional? lol.

Will you be posting pics through the process?
Well happy to report our piers are done!!! the weather held off Thank Goodness....feels like we have actually now started!!!

Pic

The block looks a complete mess.....but good news is we come way under with the piers provision we paid for, we were under by 24metres happy days so a credit back hopefully! Hubby had to go on site and meet the SS and measure and count them all.

Tomorrow they will finish filling the piers with cerment and start the formwork which should be completed Thursday and slab should be by Monday at the latest according to the conceters....yey!

Marknbet - no we brought a vacant lot someone cut up there land into 25 lots. And yes more then happy to post pics along the way....
yay! great news jacknruby!!! how exciting!!
at the moment the benchtops are in.. and the tiles for the bathrooms should be completed.
Related
9/05/2023
what to add for energy efficiency building volume home

Eco Living

go upvc window frames ensure insulation under colorbond. not just sarking, lighter color roof also not sure if you have seen this viewtopic.php?t=5823 last couple of pages…

11/05/2023
Building duplex at the hills council area

Building A New House

Even if it's not being sub-divided and you want to keep it as Torrens title, you will still need to talk to a town planner or Council themselves, to see if they will allow…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum