Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who is building with Beechwood

Page 61 of 788
coastie 1
jacknruby what colour tiles do you have in main section?

Coastie - are referrring to the main bathroom tiles? If so they are called Vertigo Chocolate Earth, do you guys have to come to Sydney - Westside Ceramics for your tile selections?
Jack - what exactly do they call those shutters, Are they timber shutters or plantation shutters or are they both the same...im slighting confused, we havent sorted anything yet with blinds as we have no money left.....hehe. white sheets for us.

2.2 after painters, the SS said there will be a fair few tradies at our place next week, the carpenter doing the last of the door handles etc, the electrician doing the lights, (our electrician will go back after handover)
the plumber doing downpipes, fitting of the bathroom accessories
Our a/c guy is going back a week tomorrow to fit the ducted vents etc. then he said walk through at the end of next week, gawd i hope it happens.
Congrats jacknruby, ur place looks fantastic!!
acrebuild1
Jack - what exactly do they call those shutters, Are they timber shutters or plantation shutters or are they both the same...im slighting confused, we havent sorted anything yet with blinds as we have no money left.....hehe. white sheets for us.

I not really sure but I think they are really the same thing. I just refer to them as Shutters, mine are acutally Polymer Fusion 20 shutters and come with a 20 year warranty against fading, warping, bending etc....., have to say I am really happy with them, I did go through the wholesaler so saved a heap, got the contact through a work friend, but they are happy to do the odd retail job. They just have to be careful with there resellers as they get cranky they are taking the sale away from them.

Natandash - Thanks so much, we are in love, now for the landscaping! Hopefully commencing this week.....with this weather it better be!
thanks jack
the best we could do was for the 6 large windows across the front of the house was $2k for PVC timber look shutters (i think we will go with them - the real timber ones were $13k for the 6 windows) across the back of the house isnt a priority unless the cows have a problem. we dont have neighbours only cattle in the distance.
I have a quick question for Kathy? are you there?
Can i ask, where did you put the towel rail in your ensuite? we have no walls to put one on.....
well Jacknruby I think im in love with your house too. It looks nothing short of fantastic! Its exciting seeing a finished and furnished house in the same series. That oven looks like a mean mother! Love your sons light fitting, very cute. Where did you get that from?
Jacknruby your place looks GREAT!
Have you got a pic of the floor tiles in hallway/kitchen?
Well, Brickies have been working flat out and we are SUPER happy with their work. its beyond neat, probably one of the best bricklaying jobs I've seen. (and hubby is pedantic about these things) It looks GREAT!
I'll put some pics up soon, but they look so much lighter in the pics as they have the mortar smeared all over them. Its finally starting to look like a house, and getting excited!
Hope the pace keeps up, if so, we will be in on time I'd say!
We got our veggie gardens all happening the other week, They look good too.

Another quick question, apart from the brickies (who have been VERY tidy- even have their own little bin for their lunch rubbish) the other tradies have just made their own rubbish piles all around the place, and its a big mess. at what stage do they send someone out to collect all the hunks of concrete, leftover roofing material, general rubbish etc? And at the completion of the build, do they level it out a bit with an excavator, or do they leave that up to you?
ta
OK, some pics

The brick (macadamia) in the shade with a colorbond sample (jasper)

Front of the house

Side- our big sliding door and rear corner in living

Back of garage

As I said, they look quite pale as they were covered in the mortar. The first brick shows the colour a bit better, but is in the shade.
looking good nay! We had some AWESOME progress this week. Bricks acid washed today, kitchen installed and front and internal garage door too! Will get pics on the weekend!
Ok, need to hav a rant.. House was goin great guns as far as roofing, bricks etc. Had our council inspection and was told by our customer service rep that all was fine. Found that hard to believe when the brick ties aren't attached to the framework.. Why would council pass a house that isn't structurally sound???
Turns out, on Tuesday when insulation was re-scheduled from last week, we find out the house did in fact fail inspection and issues are to be addressed and re-inspected before we can carry on. Told that this will all happen this week and insulation will be next Tuesday... Tomorrow is Thursday.. How will these issues be resolved and council re-inspect, insulation be delivered and started all in 3 days????
We are in week 20 and not happy!!!!!!! Wish there was more we could do!!! House has sat in gorgeous sunny, house building weather for 2 weeks with not a sole on site, where is the customer service? We are all paying clients being treated like idiots!!
Ok rant over.
Nay, ur place looks great, glad you have had such great progress and such good trades!
Great news marknbet, can't wait to see pics! Wish we were still neck and neck wit u guys
Found out today that apparently we have a new site supervisor, I think its good, as she said that it means they get more time at each site... oh well!

Natandash. that sucks! I have no idea what brick ties are though... Hope it gets sorted quick smart!
acrebuild1
I have a quick question for Kathy? are you there?
Can i ask, where did you put the towel rail in your ensuite? we have no walls to put one on.....

Amanda
Towel rails do not fit.......we put in towel rings on each side of the vanity. Found Picture on page 5 of this post,will show you. It was the man at Westside ceramics that told me we had to have rings as the rails won't fit.

Your house is looking awesome.......make sure you check all of the sliding doors at the back and the windows.

Anna.......your house is looking fab also....hopefully you will all be in soon.

Make sure you all check all the door stops...even though this is a little thing they make a big mess if they come off and hit the wall. Ours were only tacked on and fell off.

I wish you all good luck......there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Kathy
Kathy, if you are still there, can I ask about the interior paint. Is it that flat horrible paint? The stuff as when you go to clean a wall, it leaves horrible wipe marks?

We are 3 days into our 28 days. Our final construction plan had a mistake.
They drew only ONE water tank instead of TWO which we have paid for and need for fire. Never in my years of building has the final, final plan ever been wrong until now.

Everyone's houses are looking fab.

Natandash-You are the 2nd person on here who has failed an inspection. I suppose BW are only as good as their tradesmen.

Jacknruby-I absolutely love your house. All your colours have come together so well.
Just received out letter than PCI has been booked in for Friday 23rd September. So so exciting, I already have my letter drafted for PR in sydney. so we will see what comes of that. Im not expecting much.
The painters have finished and the other day i whilst there when they were so i had a look around. Its perfect - the colour is exactly what we were after. I soft soft grey. it will blend in so well.
We chose our carpet too. we chose a dark charcoal colour.
The downpipes are on, the plumber is back on Monday fitting the fittings, and toilets, Tuesday the carpenter is there fitting the handles, doors, etc.
The electrician is there then also, so its all looking good. pity it will be 7 weeks over our contract date.
Acrebuild1, Congratulations, can't wait to be in your shoes.

You are so so lucky, our contracted end date was 31.08.11 & all we have at the moment

is the slab, frame & downstirs bricks....that's it!

Sure wish we were only 7 weeks over contact
im so sorry ST, i dont know what to say. I havent been ontop of the WM thread, but have things came to a halt again (or never took off)
day 23 of the the 28 ... theyve come and pegged it out... guess its a start haha
Acrebuild1- Omg!! So,so close for you.
Hope it all goes according to plan. Need pics. Love to see your paint colour.

Springtime-You poor thing. I read the WM thread and holy crap, what you guys are going through.
I sometimes can't believe reading some people actually still asking should they sign on with WM because....you know they are the cheapest and they just love their plans. Um.......what the hell? I would'nt touch them with a barge pole. Hope their is a light at the end of your long, long, tunnel springtime.
Thanks Moon River & Acrebuild1,

We don't know what to do except wait I suppose.

The whole thing is just so depressing, I cheer myself up by reading about everybody's progress

& can only imagine what it will feel like when it's finally our turn. But like Moon River said, hopefully

there will be a light at the end of a long tunnel. Please everyone, wish us luck.
Related
9/05/2023
what to add for energy efficiency building volume home

Eco Living

go upvc window frames ensure insulation under colorbond. not just sarking, lighter color roof also not sure if you have seen this viewtopic.php?t=5823 last couple of pages…

11/05/2023
Building duplex at the hills council area

Building A New House

Even if it's not being sub-divided and you want to keep it as Torrens title, you will still need to talk to a town planner or Council themselves, to see if they will allow…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum