Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who is building with Beechwood

Page 1 of 788
We have justed the building process with Beechwood Homes.
We are going with the Hermitage with Triple garage. We received our colour selection booklet today and very overwhelmed with it all.

Just wanting to know if there are other beechwood home buiders out there where we can share the ups and downs.
building with them here in the upper north shore...

if you have questions just ask
we are just about to start.. just signed the final contract...
We received our colour booklet the other day,Picked our bricks/roof tiles etc.
What design are you building
So glad there is atleast one more than myself building with Beechwood, i was starting to get worried ...
mosman elise

do you deal with the people at sydney office or is there a different office near hunter valley.
we are dealing with the maitland branch at Metford. When the building starts we will get a representative from head office
Hi
We are also building with Beechwood. We have 5 acres in Central NSW, but the waiting game is not good.
We chose the Lakeview Lodge, it is located at Haywoods Bay (Wollongong), love the house very much.
Put deposit to beechwood August 2009.
Went to council December 2009.
Today is the 4th May 2010 and haven't signed contracts yet?????

hopefully this week!!!!!
Keeping fingers crossed
Hey Just starting,
We are going witht the lakeview lodge too, i didnt realise it was on display. So at wollongong you say?
oh really, delay.....oh no, Hopefully you will sign this week..fingers crossed.
Share some of your choices? colours? facades.

TIA
how are you guys progressing? fence is up, but with the rains.. no work has really started.
The work has started. I am trying to put some photos on, hopefully I succeed!!!!
Heaps of rain after the earthworks was done. Have done piers since these photos. Will try to get them on soon.
Where all the water is sitting was going to be the water tank, but have changed our minds and this will be pergola area with BBQ etc. Maybe we could keep it as a pool?????

Hi guys

We are building with Beechwood in NSW. Well, we hope to! We've paid our deposit and have our first appointment next week to look at the plans. Hopefully they are right and we can proceed to council. I'm not holding my breath though.

Could be some issues as we are building one of their brand new designs (not on their website yet) and they don't even have facades drawn up yet! They said we could have any facade we like though and we have a good idea of what we want.

The house we are building is called the Asquith and is on display at the Oran Park display village. We are building the 5 bedroom version, but converting the 5th bedroom into an open living area/playroom.

Really wanting to get things moving along...but it seems we are in for a long wait!

Any advice/feedback would be much appreciated!
based on experience it is a long wait...
when the sales person tells you that it goes to council within x days... that assumes you don't ask a lot of questions.... i think just be patient and don't get too anxious...
I am currently building a Lakeview lodge with Beechwood and am close to final inspection. Just a word of advice keep on them at all times, if nothing has happened on site for a couple of days make some noise and get them moving. Our house is over 3 months past the contract finish date and still going. Also the Sydney office is terrible at communication so be persistent. Also if you don't hear from them re an issue don't assume it has been corrected in particular unexpected variations that they want you to pay for it will come back at final account when you are stuck and just want the house finished.
Good luck you will need it!
I agree with freemans and esm, keep on them and push to get things done as they will take their time when it comes to the paper work side of things. I found dealing with our SS gets things moving. I found him to be very approachable and eager to do the right thing. Good luck with your build and let us know how it goes.
i dont get to talk to the SS but always with the customer service at the office... quite easier to chase her with emails and/or calls. although i do wish I could meet and chat with the SS.
esm
Just wondering how your build is going???
Christmas slowed everything down but hopefully will be all go next week.
Septic should go in and all the electrical work needs to be done.
Need to organise tiler and carpet.
Hopefully be in by March???
Which design did you choose??
Hope to see photos
I agree Kathy, I cant wait for them to get back from holidays, Im having a very stern word to them about the windows - Im not happy at all but willing to pay for them if it means holding things up. The bank should be faxing off the commencement letter this week so they should have it by the time they get back from holidays, I was so annoyed that they sent out the contract variation the same day they went on holidays, hence i go to ring them the next day and there on holidays. (its not like it was the end of the week, It was Wed 22nd december)
I would love to have some action on the block by end on January, not holding my breath, We signed with them on the 1st April, so lets hope its soon.
Does anyone care to share there plans - i love seeing plans..Ill start:

Just a bit of a run down - Lounge/dining will be kids toy room - hence the extra cupboards - there only little 3 and 1 so i didnt want them isolated like some of the activity rooms down the end of the corridor - i like that its central.
Games room will be our media room.
we have changed the kitchen, made WIP large, Fridge space large, put in all pot drawers along back kitchen wall, put in linen cupbards/storage cupboards where ever they could fit.
put in a WIR in bed 2 for extra storage.
- Wish we could have put on a large alfresco area, but if we went length ways we wouldnt have much natural light come in the kitchen. we are going to extend the flooring of the alfresco across to the end of the kitchen wall so we can sit in the sun on nice days.

Hope to see some others plans and pics.
http://www.allnewhousingworld.com.au/im ... -lodge.jpg

I am hoping this works.
The only difference that we have is the triple garage is a double and we turned it into a rumpus room for the kids.
We have a 12 year old boy and a 9 year old girl. Need to keep them out of our hair.
Let me know if this image turns out.
Kathy, It worked, Did you make any changed to the orginal plans? (other than the garage)
Amanda
No other changes other than the garage. and its looking pretty good at the moment!!!
Here are some updated photos

Related
9/05/2023
what to add for energy efficiency building volume home

Eco Living

go upvc window frames ensure insulation under colorbond. not just sarking, lighter color roof also not sure if you have seen this viewtopic.php?t=5823 last couple of pages…

11/05/2023
Building duplex at the hills council area

Building A New House

Even if it's not being sub-divided and you want to keep it as Torrens title, you will still need to talk to a town planner or Council themselves, to see if they will allow…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum