Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building @ Cranbourne East FINTO- Last pictures, Last Post

Page 11 of 12
Hi,

Finally! congratulations, hope your driveway gets finished quickly, we have had a lot of rain. Can't wait to see the finished product, shall have to drive by and have a look. Looking forward to photos and hearing how your move went once you get back online.

We will hopefully get our permit tomorrow so site start we are told should only be 2 weeks away.

Enjoy your new home.
Hello, Aww thanks..Driveway is finished, Just thinking about tackling the gardens although this weather is making it hard, But I sucsessfully planted my first tree today..yay!! Ill attatch some pictures and have to get some more..Good luck with everything.
johnlong
hey Kristyv,

congrats... yes telstra velocity is VERY fast.

Telstra Velocity is the bomb....Ultra fast..Im getting 1GB a sec...Love it!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Congrats!!!!!
lovely house, looks great~~~
Wow! Pics look great, love the spa set up. Driveway looks fab too.
We've been on holidays for 2 weeks, still no site start, they say end of next week. Our taps have been put in a ridiculous spot, going to interfere with our plans for driveway so have managed to get SE water to move them a whole 600mm (not as much as we'd like) because they agree are placed in a stupid spot. How was the move, are you happy with the finish of the house? It must feel surreal to finally be living in the house that was seems so long in the planning. Well done.
Hello, We are extremely happy with the house...Our neighbours have commented that everyone admies the house, which is nice .I think because it looks a little different to most.

We spent last weekend trying to level the back yard so we can finally get some grass in.. 10 cubics metres of soil we had to move..Glad thats over..We also went to Wantina and bought heaps of palms for around the spa..They had a massive sale and we got heaps of bargains....

Will take some more pics when i get them in...

HOUSEWARMING on the 2nd July...BIG PARTY have invited 50 odd people.. Just bought a Party marque ...Very excited...Hope our neighbours like loud music!:)
That's gretat. Yes getting the garden the way you want it will be a continuing labour of love I suppose.

Guess what? We had a site scrape today. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Can you tell we are excited?

Have a great housewarming.

Looking forward to more pics.
Yay..You have been scraped....I definately know the feeling of being excited...Enjoy the adventure..Wow you should be in by Christmas..Who is your supervisor? We had a change mid way through and ended up with Pete..He is great, very helpfull.. Please keep me updated, You shall have to start a thread for me to follow!:) Take Care ...Enjoy
Hello!!!

So jealous of your palms there so tall!! Where did you get them from?? Your house looks great!!

Can't wait to see your front yard!!

Hope your settling in well, look forward to speaking to you soon!!

buiLdinGdReamS
Hello!!!

So jealous of your palms there so tall!! Where did you get them from?? Your house looks great!!

Can't wait to see your front yard!!

Hope your settling in well, look forward to speaking to you soon!!

Howdy Neighbour,
..I hope our Kids arent too noisy ..I try my best to keep the peace

On the palm issue, We got them from Wantirna from a closing down sale..Ill keep a look out for some more if you are keen.
We wanted to grab them as Palms are pretty expensive and they were only 25 dollars each for 8 ft Palms which I thought was a good deal.

The front yard is going to be a labour of love for me..I need to get the soil right first, Im a bit scared to plant anything in that Clay..But Im hoping for a native garden with no grass and possibly a gravel path..sounds weird but I have been reading a lot of books and I am hoping it will look okay.

We have settled in, Just trying to keep the kids from drawing on the walls which is fun...Im pretty precious about the house for now!.

Your welcome to pop in for a coffee and a squizz anytime..Im usually here with the little one.
Your house looks awesome too..I love your Black pots, Im glad our dogs havent been barking too much at one another..So relieved...
Take Care , Catch up soon,
Kristy
PS We are having a Housewarming on the 2nd July and I will try to keep the noise to an acceptable level. My Husband is a bit of a party animal!..lol
Hello!

Kids aren't too noisy at all, only noise we hear is the spa!! but thats just a jealousy noise haha

Yeah sounds great, we cant wait to start our back yard!! so many plans and quotes, just trying to maximise the space we have, hope our Indie isn't too annoying, she rarely barks only if something is going on, not sure what she is like during the day?? Please let us know if she is being naughty. What sort of dog do you have??

Definately catch up soon

Hehe sounds good for your housewarming!
Noise doesn't bother us just as long as its not a week night haha, we are always up early, can't wait to our front door stops squeaking!! So embarassing!!

Speak to you soon, can't wait to see some pics of your palms!!
You have a massive rear yard!, I plan to get some Trees to screen the fenceline to block out the double storeys overlooking us. I have been told there is a Bamboo that grows quite well and tall, Other than that I am trying to get some rocks to use as a border. I really want to get the front happening soon...
Your little dog is so cute, I often see her with her nose under the fence just having a look, She is very well behaved. We have two dogs , both Jack russels although the older dog is a cross and nearly at the end of her life. Shelly is 14 and Molly is roughly 4.
Yes housewarming is a Saturday night...I just hope it doesnt rain but I have a marque just incase..
dying to plant these palms..This wind is knocking them over all the time..
Pop in anytime..serious or I may beat u to it!..hehe
Cheers
Hi kristyv... House looks great. How long did Rawdon Hill take to actually build it? Looks like about 7 months from your posts?

We are being stuffed around a bit, but apparently we finally have a start date on July 10, which is around 4 months after we signed our contract and 6 months after we signed up with them......... but anyway. We are hoping it doesn't take too long. Obviously they didn't do a lot over Christmas for you guys? How long did they stop for?
Hello wertmezer,

Yes, From the time the block was scraped to finish was 7 months... We were a little anxious too.. We signed contracts in late August and they scraped us in November. So after contracts..3 months to scrape and 7 months to build..
Over Christmas we were surprised at how much was done. Once they get going itll go fast, It was just getting to that stage for us that felt like forever...
The Montague is a fantastic house..Feels very spacious living in it..
Im just Glad its over...
I hope they start soon for you .Take Care
Hi Kristyv,
By the time you read this you will have had your housewarming party. Trust you had a ball!
Guess what, I finally have a thread.
Hey kristyv,
What did you put on the ensuite door? Looks like timber ventians? Do you have problems with them moving around and getting in the way of the door? We have been buying blinds when they are on special!
wertmezer
Hey kristyv,
What did you put on the ensuite door? Looks like timber ventians? Do you have problems with them moving around and getting in the way of the door? We have been buying blinds when they are on special!

Hey,
They are just temp blinds that stick to the window.. We have timber ventians at the front bedroom windows..Shutters are probably ideal but very expensive..
Cheers..Good luck , There are two blind stores we liked one at Cranbourne near bunnings and Impact Blinds at Narre Warren..
I would like to thank everyones support along the way. Seeing the build is now finished this will be my last post. Planning to set up a new thread on my Garden design.
Will post link when I have something to show..

Cheers and goodluck to everyone

Related
5/12/2023
Concerns with my Tiler's job. With Pictures

Bathrooms and Laundry

Regardless of wall hung toilet or floor pan toilet your feet will be right on drain, seems to me the waste should not be in that location given the design. Also are you…

7/09/2023
Black Main Entrance Door in North East-Facing House

Building A New House

The warning is on the sticker on the door too. Second the aluminium powdercoat

27/09/2023
Custom home builder in north east Melbourne

Building A New House

Hi, can anyone recommend a custom home builder who can build in north east area? Looking to build a custom 4-br energy-efficient home with a max budget of 750k. If they…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum