Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

site cost PD

Page 2 of 2
We were originally quoted for piering with PD on a rather flat block with a little fill, but after receiving the compaction report, they decided they would do a deeper cut rather than piering. Save a few $100, not a huge difference, but a little bit. Is that an option you could ask for?
Hi Everyone,

I thought I would finally update you as we have just had some results in regards to our issue.
To cut a long story short, basically we questioned the dates written on the report compared to when PD had said the report was completed as they were conflicting dates.... also the title of our report said the report was completed in the general area of our block... so they never even sighted our block
(hence why they charged us for the pegs not being there) so PD wrote to me saying to ease my mind they will request a second soil and survey test free of charge and say to the company that does the surveying that the customer requested the test be completed on their block....this happened 2 weeks ago.
We final received the 2nd report today, saying that after sighting our block the report has gone from a P class site to a M class report, however PD also wrote the following in my email..... this extra Soil and Survey test was ordered as a matter of courtesy as our Contractors had some dates noted up incorrectly, and they also did not take soil off your direct site. As per our normal procedures, we will not re-estimate your site costs until we receive the final Soil and Survey when your site is ready
So we still don’t know how much our site costs will be until our land is titled.... so as it stands when we sign our contract on Friday our site costs that will be quoted are still for the P class site not the M class site
Once our land will be titled then they will refigure the site costs!!!!
Hi all

In my land contract, the developer will compact my lot (and others around) with filling up to 1200mm. I guess the cost of the filling is paid by developer.

But... does filling mean there will be more rocks and piers will be required?? PD gave me site cost quote for about $7000 or Will they ask me to pay more when they start building?

any insights, comments please....
Lexie, we had a very long wait for site costs, due to our land not being accessible for testing until a couple of weeks prior to settlement. It's frustrating, but good training for all the other waiting you'll do.

mqtutor
In my land contract, the developer will compact my lot (and others around) with filling up to 1200mm. I guess the cost of the filling is paid by developer.

But... does filling mean there will be more rocks and piers will be required?? PD gave me site cost quote for about $7000 or Will they ask me to pay more when they start building?

Is the $7000 a quote, or a contract figure....? Initial quotes mean nothing, they're just guesstimates.

You should have a firm site cost figure by the time you sign your contract - but there can still be provision for extra costs such as rock removal, which won't be known till work begins. You may be able to fix your site costs....worth asking if you're concerned.
mqtutor
Is the $7000 a quote, or a contract figure....? Initial quotes mean nothing, they're just guesstimates.

You should have a firm site cost figure by the time you sign your contract - but there can still be provision for extra costs such as rock removal, which won't be known till work begins. You may be able to fix your site costs....worth asking if you're concerned.

The sales consultant told me it is a fixed site cost But... who knows till they begin slab construction.

My lot need compaction with filling up to 1200mm. Does anyone know about the filling and compaction? Should I be worried?

Thanks all
Once your land is titled and they redo your soil test go out there and visually confirm that holes have in fact been dug in the ground. I have a soil test report signed by a rep from the soil test company stating that the method of testing was by soil core yet funnily enough no holes ever appeared on my block. You can bet I wasnt going to let that one get by. My advice is question, question and question some more. I know that 10K isnt that much compared to what others are paying but after my continued questioning our final site costs (not including temporary fencing and crossover protection) came to around $1200.
ritab25
Once your land is titled and they redo your soil test go out there and visually confirm that holes have in fact been dug in the ground. I have a soil test report signed by a rep from the soil test company stating that the method of testing was by soil core yet funnily enough no holes ever appeared on my block. You can bet I wasnt going to let that one get by. My advice is question, question and question some more. I know that 10K isnt that much compared to what others are paying but after my continued questioning our final site costs (not including temporary fencing and crossover protection) came to around $1200.

Did you get the money credited back to you?

In my quote there is OHS but I don't see temporary fencing and crossover protection. Should it be included in site cost quote?

Thanks
I asked them how come I was charged $10311.00 for a M class modified Slab for a P class site with 300 mm fill.
if the allowance in the basic price is for m class slab how come I had to pay an extra $10311.00 for a M class modified slab.
At the time of signing the contracts my site was not ready ,therefore they gave me the choice go with fixed cost or wait for the soil report and anything other than a M class i cop the increase.We went with fixed site cost .
A M class modified should have cost me an extra $5000 the most not $10311.

Site classification -"P class site due to fill

House size -29.47 Sq or 273.81 sqm

Location -Sandarra

Wall construction -Brick Veneer & tiled roof 2590 wall height

Cut & fill -Cut & fill required

footing details -M class modified

Retaining wall -none

Drainage requirements -Agri drain required along base of cut

Special requirement -Termite barrier

Reinforcement -Slab fabric Sl 82,Internal rib N12btm,External Rib 3L12,edge beams

cost $10311 plus $2162 temp fencing ,crushed rock council cost etc
any comments ,I am trying to get my builder to refund something
Related
28/09/2023
Carlisle KDR site cost after second soil test

Building A New House

We were lucky in that our old house was so small (86 square metres) compared to the new house, they were able to take enough readings around the old backyard house before…

2/03/2024
Site cost for a battleaxe plot

Building A New House

Thanks for the insight! My plot is a new development so hopefully I won't have too much problem during build as everyone should be roughly building together. I also…

4/03/2024
Does fibre glass pool add to the site cost

General Discussion

Approvals are covered in the cost we are paying to the pool company. The only thing stated in our home build contract for the additional cost is engineering support. …

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum