Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Land Measurement

Page 1 of 1
Has anyone measure their land once their fences has been put up to see if it is correct?? Our rear fence went up a couple of days ago and today I went out to re-measure and it seems our land is now short by about 25cm. I understand the fence will take a bit of the land but is 25cm a bit to much?? Would you complain, if so who to?
I just learnt from our surveyor the other day that the site measurements are from the face of the fence palings. I originally thought that it was from the inside of the fence post. Also surveying is only accurate to about 5cm. Finally surveying should be all in plan, so if you have any slope your own measurements will be off. Also most old tape measures have stretched and offer longer than actual measurements. Most of the above (except the fence points) would lead to a larger than expected measurement.

Which direction is your land short by?
Thanks R4AC for the information, the measurement is short when measuring from front footpath to rear fence but after reading your post my measurement could be wrong due to factors like slight slope to land etc. I'll ask my independent inspector and SS about this when they do the frame stage inspection.
Related
31/07/2023
Buying untitled land for a development

Buying Land

Yeah I don't know why I came to a forum. Place is full of wierdos/pedos thought internet may help but I suppose I'll try my luck with someone in person. Cheers. I tried…

11/08/2023
Landscape backyard on a slope land

Landscape & Garden Design

Need advice on the backyard plan above. Should I excavate and cut all of the dirt to level with the house slab or semi-excavate as per photo above? Both left and right…

14/09/2023
New house land/slab drainage?

General Discussion

Thanks for the heads up mate, greatly appreciated 👍

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum