Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Lara and Josh's House. MOVED IN! PICS AT LAST!!! :D

Page 19 of 21
No progress this last week, except for our rangehood going in and orange stickers from the inspector. HMMM.

Today, I was supposed to find which day this week our PCI is (likely Friday), but SS is sick, so no info

Still need external painting, front window needs fixing, render around windows, internal door handles, fly screens and bathtub. I hope PCI isn't delayed!

Hopefull I will receive a date tomorrow!
Fingers crossed that it's all soon Lara!
Hey Lara,

Are you still doing the polyflor?
No, we are getting tiles now
Our PCI has been delayed. SIGH. We still don't have a definate date, but it might be next Tuesday. Once of our front windows sank and needs to be fixed.
How does a window sink???????
It sinks when the brick layer did a ******* job! haha. SS told me is was because of that. They also fixed up bricks around our door because of it.
The brick layer took quite a while to do such a ******* job too! But at least SS pointed it out and is fixing it.
At least it's not you having to chase them to fix it I guess...
Lol I am surpised that home one bleeped out the word do*dgy
yup, it doesnt like that word...

sorry to hear that they did a dod job Lara, you pay someone you expect good workmanship...

nothing else that needs fixing?
I don't really care about the dud brick job to be honest, because I was very happy with how the SS handled it
Now I just want PCI and Handover, so I don't have to delay moving in.
I will get a definate PCI date on Tuesday, and PCI should be Wednesday, with the possibility of handover the same day.
fingers are crossed for you
Thanks
BAH. PCI delayed again. We will find out tomorrow whether we will have PCI on Thursday.
PLEASE BE THURSDAY.

This sucks,

why the delay (again!!)
SS is very apologetic. Apparently it's because the inspector they have to get in to approve the window they had to fix cancelled the appointment. I assume that is also what happened last week. Let's hope there are no more cancellations tomorrow.
Hoping it's Thursday Lara!
Deemaree
Hoping it's Thursday Lara!

Me too
Wayyy excited for you Lara!!!!

one more sleeeeeeeeeep
Sorry to hear of your delays Lara - how frustrating!!! Wont be long now & you will be able to finally be in & enjoy your creation!!! Cant wait to see some photos1!! I know I am one to talk but we dont have internet yet another 5-7 days according to telstra!!!
Related
3/07/2023
Moved in 7 years ago but no Occupation Certificate

Building A New House

Joe, it depends on your certifier but we are noticing the ones we deal with are really cracking down. So i would recommend you follow your approved landscaping plans to…

9/10/2023
No Interim Occupation Certificate - NSW but moved in

General Discussion

Hi Simeon, Thank you for laying it down for us. Makes sense. Appreciate it very much. Have a nice day. Cheers

12/07/2023
Prewiring a House for Data, CCTV, and Future-Proofing

Building A New House

Scientists have used random matrix theory to demonstrate theoretically that the neutrino mass hierarchy can be explained mathematically. When a substance is fragmented…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum