Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

What do you think of these exterior colours ?

Page 1 of 1
All views or ideas welcome
The Bricks we are pretty set on and I did love the roof before reading a old post about the darkers colours fading

Its a heritage area and a older style house based on Format's Hindmarsh home .
Thanks

I like the colours except the garage and front doors
Agree with Caroline J nice colours except would not go the blue grey door (?ironstone) would use monument (more charcoal grey)...

Is the hindmarsh a bit heritage looking? - these colours may not look as good on that style - you should try put colours on your actual facade to get an idea or post your elevations to get some suggestions .

But I like the bricks.....
I like the doors.
....or you could have a house that looks just like everyone else's....

Are there colour restrictions? Heritage areas often limit colour choices.
We have chosen colours very similar, but have the garage door in ironstone. What colour bricks have you chosen??
Thankyou
much appreciated .

We unfortually don't have a elevation drawing yet
This is the Hindmarsh
Ours should be pretty simlar but we are thinking of adding a 1/2 front wall to the verandah so it fits in the area better and he is going to do a steeper roof pitch ( hope that makes sense)

This is a house in the area that we really LOVE the brickwork and detail on , so would hope for more of a simlar look

With doors and windows in timber . The house in my first post was as close to ours as I could get on that design website

The guy at Format said the area was a Heritage area and that the Unley council (SA) could be a bit fussy about the look of the house but driving around yesterday its a bit of a mishmash area with all sorts of houses.

The Bricks are Boral Labassa - Elan . I just tried it again with the Dune colourbond roof and it looks pretty good
What about bushland grey? The Colorbond website is helpful as has different styles of house...

Don't like the front door in the picture of your first post,a little bit narrow. While the above one gives a open feeling.

And the natural color of the brick looks good. It's long lasting without fading.
The timber used make it more compatible with the environment.
You can't fool me della, I'm onto your nasty little spammer games...
kek

He's gone
Bluesteel that is GORGEOUS !!!!!
Thankyou
Hopeful, we're using Labassa bricks too. We've matched it with monument roof/gutters/windows, caoba garage door and will paint the front door a similar colour to the garage.
Sounds good dilla
Its so difficult choosing already and thats before even starting on bathrooms , kitchens , floors ect ect

Im hoping we can get the Labassa brick in SA ??? Can't believe you get different bricks in certain states only ?
hopeful
Im hoping we can get the Labassa brick in SA ??? Can't believe you get different bricks in certain states only ?

I hope you can get them too! They're beautiful - I love their little black "freckles"
Not many people on here using them though
Related
6/06/2023
Do you think this kitchen is original

Kitchen Corner

No. It's not original. Circa early to mid 90s would be my guess and maybe even as late as early 2000s

18/01/2024
Would you consider these issues as defects

General Discussion

Hi It came to my attention after the handover that - The facade cladding on the face and the side are not straight. -The face tapers down by 50mm from left to right and…

31/01/2024
Assistance with Exterior Roof and Brick Colours

Building A New House

Hi all, I am currently building through Simmonds and stuck deciding on my exterior cement roof titles and brick colours. The front and fascade of the house is a pretty…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum