Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Hunt Club Cranbourne East, 3977!!

Page 1 of 1
Hi there,

As we are new to the area, we would love to meet some of our new hunt club neighbours!!

Hopefully there are a few of you here!!

Recently we just purchased our block of land in Stage 59!!
Myself, Delaney and my partner, Liam are both 24 and building our first home with Dennis Family!!

Hope to meet some fellow 'hunters' soon!!
Delaney and Liam
hi we to have bought a land in the hunt club in stage 55
the land is the street right after your one glad to have meet someone there hope to see u around we are building with simonds homes

thanks
I didn't realise they were still releasing land in The Hunt club, it's been around for years!!
Hi all!

We are building in the Hunt Club also! In fact our slab was finally laid on Wednesday

We are building with a local builder, recommended to us by our financial adviser....

As young (22 + 24) first home buyers with our lovely 3 year old daughter in tow we have a small block of land 448m2 and small house 19sq (all inclusive) but hey its what we could afford and better than nothing!!!

We are hoping that the school will also be attracting young families and friendly neighbours!!

Hope to see you round!!!

Dani
Hello fellow Hunt club Neighbours!!!,
We are building a house in stage 58 .Building a 32sq home with Rawdon Hill..
Just looking at the expenses as they seem to be mounting up.
We have heaps of brochures reguarding the Telstra Velocity/Smart Community.
We have been told by our builder it will cost 2500 to smart wire our house??
Does any body know any contractors in the area I can contact to see If we are being ripped off??
Also as I understand because they are laying new fibre optic cabling we have no choice as to if we want smart wiring or not..Please Help!!!
kristyv
Does any body know any contractors in the area I can contact to see If we are being ripped off??
Also as I understand because they are laying new fibre optic cabling we have no choice as to if we want smart wiring or not..Please Help!!!

Hi, we are building at Cascades on Clyde next to hunt club which has telstra smart velocity also. We were charged aroung $2600 i think so it is around the mark that you are getting charged. It is a feature of the estates and must be installed so every house has the fibre optic cabling.
leiper86
kristyv

Hi, we are building at Cascades on Clyde next to hunt club which has telstra smart velocity also. We were charged aroung $2600 i think so it is around the mark that you are getting charged. It is a feature of the estates and must be installed so every house has the fibre optic cabling.

Are you having your builder do it?? Im gonna get another quote just to be sure Im not being jabbed!

Good luck with ur build!
Yes our builder is installing it all.
Hi everyone,

My husband and I are building the Princeton 251 with DFH in Hunt Club. We're at stage 51. At the moment, we are waiting for the variations to come back so we can sign them - then ready for final drawings. I've left phone messages and sent e-mails to the girls in the Head Office asking for the variations but seems like they have a tendency to not get back to you till the last minute. Our land settled Feb 10, we chose our colours Feb 19 and our finance is fully approved - so what are they waiting for? It's not easy to wait patiently for these things to sort out when you are paying rent and land loan repayments at the same time. I hope I will get some good news from them this week. Can anyone tell me what happens after I sign and submit the final variations - like when will I get a site start???????? I would jump up and down just to see pipes at least on our block of land
Truly, madly, deeply EXCITED! and an ounce of anxiety

Bella
dearhouse
Hi everyone,

My husband and I are building the Princeton 251 with DFH in Hunt Club. We're at stage 51. At the moment, we are waiting for the variations to come back so we can sign them - then ready for final drawings. I've left phone messages and sent e-mails to the girls in the Head Office asking for the variations but seems like they have a tendency to not get back to you till the last minute. Our land settled Feb 10, we chose our colours Feb 19 and our finance is fully approved - so what are they waiting for? It's not easy to wait patiently for these things to sort out when you are paying rent and land loan repayments at the same time. I hope I will get some good news from them this week. Can anyone tell me what happens after I sign and submit the final variations - like when will I get a site start???????? I would jump up and down just to see pipes at least on our block of land
Truly, madly, deeply EXCITED! and an ounce of anxiety

Bella

Hello,
How exciting for you..Im not sure how long it takes to make a start..Our block isnt even titled yet (May)..I agree with the issue of paying rent and progress payments...What a pain!..Hope it all starts soon for you!
Thanks kristyv! I can't wait to get those variations - see the damage I've done to the budget! Haven't even thought of the Telstra Velocity thing yet...was so busy picking out colors for the kitchen... it's my favorite room in the whole house
dearhouse
Thanks kristyv! I can't wait to get those variations - see the damage I've done to the budget! Haven't even thought of the Telstra Velocity thing yet...was so busy picking out colors for the kitchen... it's my favorite room in the whole house

Sounds like you're having fun..I agree the Kitchen is my zone!..
Im looking at colours for the brick at the moment..Starting slowly..Got a bit of time though..Land isnt titled till May so hope to start building in June/July.

Take Care
Hello Kristy,

Nathan from Smart Wiring Australia here.

Depending on what your getting $2,500 seems rather high, 90% of installs we've done have been $1,500 or below.

Please note higher prices are not always the builders fault, main problem here can be installers inflating the price because of fancy words like "smart wiring"

If you want good service and quality work at a great price please call Nathan 1300 881 810

Smart Wiring Australia
For all your smarting wiring, home entertainment, security alarms and cabling requirements call us
troubz
Hello Kristy,

Nathan from Smart Wiring Australia here.

Depending on what your getting $2,500 seems rather high, 90% of installs we've done have been $1,500 or below.

Please note higher prices are not always the builders fault, main problem here can be installers inflating the price because of fancy words like "smart wiring"

If you want good service and quality work at a great price please call Nathan 1300 881 810

Thanks Nathan, Will call to discuss. I will get a detailed list from builder on exactly what they are planning to install..Do you know if we need to have it written in our contract if we plan to use a private contractor to do the install instead of the builder?And at what stage?when electricals are being done I pressume.
Thx for your help will definately give you a call.

Smart Wiring Australia
For all your smarting wiring, home entertainment, security alarms and cabling requirements call us
Hi Kristy,

We prewire just after the builders electrician does their work (so before plaster)

We then "fit off" just before/after you move.

It's always a good idea to let your builder know you've got your own qualified person, most builders dont care, some demand you use their tradie as they want make a margin on top.

All in all though we have never had a problem by simply going in just before plaster is up.

Hope this helps

Nate
Related
7/09/2023
Black Main Entrance Door in North East-Facing House

Building A New House

The warning is on the sticker on the door too. Second the aluminium powdercoat

27/09/2023
Custom home builder in north east Melbourne

Building A New House

Hi, can anyone recommend a custom home builder who can build in north east area? Looking to build a custom 4-br energy-efficient home with a max budget of 750k. If they…

11/12/2023
GJ Gardner Homes North East Melbourne

Building A New House

May I ask why you chose not to use GJ Gardiner? I'm actually meeting with one of the sales guys tomorrow for an appointment. Definitely not signing anything yet…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum