Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Simonds - Oxford, St Ives facade

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,
I'm brand new to this forum. We're about to start building with Simonds - and Oxford, with the St Ives facade.
Finding it difficult to find other 2 storey homes with the same facade to see how it will look! Has anyone else built anything similar?

We're also planning to have hardwood floors, which means using a non-Simonds tradie. Not sure how accommodating Simonds will be - has anyone had any issues using "outside" people to do some of the work on their house?

We have our Gallery appointment tomorrow, so my head is spinning with all the decisions we have to make!
Hi and welcome

We are building with Simonds too, a modified Atherton 2300 (single story). Just going the traditional facade and rendering ourselves after handover so cant help you with that sorry. There are a few Simonds builders on here if you do a search for St Ives, or there are pics on the Simonds website.

Good luck with your colour appointment, that was my favourite one!

Caz
Trini
Hi everyone,
I'm brand new to this forum. We're about to start building with Simonds - and Oxford, with the St Ives facade.
Finding it difficult to find other 2 storey homes with the same facade to see how it will look! Has anyone else built anything similar?

We're also planning to have hardwood floors, which means using a non-Simonds tradie. Not sure how accommodating Simonds will be - has anyone had any issues using "outside" people to do some of the work on their house?

We have our Gallery appointment tomorrow, so my head is spinning with all the decisions we have to make!

Hi Trini

We have to have our floor laid after handover. Then our timber has to sit in the house for at least a week before it is laid. That and polishing will take 7-10 days. We have to wait 24hours before we can walk on it and then another 24 hours before we bring in the furniture.
Would love to know how you go with the doing the floors after Simonds are gone.

We are builder the Simonds Cleo - but we are just doing a tiled floor and have concerns about the price they are quoting us per sqm - its about $50 per sqm than if we did it ourselves, and it certainly adds up.
xdc351

We are builder the Simonds Cleo - but we are just doing a tiled floor and have concerns about the price they are quoting us per sqm - its about $50 per sqm than if we did it ourselves, and it certainly adds up.

We had the floor coverings from the entry, dining room and kitchen/family room deleted from our plans from the very beginning. We had hoped that the builders would only tack on the skirting boards in these areas so that they could be removed easily. Unfortunately, they wouldn't even though they did for our son a few years ago (same builder).

We're not too worried. We have to buy the plastic membrane, plywood underlay and solid timber flooring. The floor layer comes in and does all the work and will even put on new skirting boards. He is put 3 coats and polishing after each coat.

This will cost us approx. $12,000 all up.

We are also having the 900 mm upright cooker and steam oven installed after handover as we purchased them ourselves.
wondering
xdc351

We had the floor coverings from the entry, dining room and kitchen/family room deleted from our plans from the very beginning. We had hoped that the builders would only tack on the skirting boards in these areas so that they could be removed easily. Unfortunately, they wouldn't even though they did for our son a few years ago (same builder).

We're not too worried. We have to buy the plastic membrane, plywood underlay and solid timber flooring. The floor layer comes in and does all the work and will even put on new skirting boards. He is put 3 coats and polishing after each coat.

This will cost us approx. $12,000 all up.

We are also having the 900 mm upright cooker and steam oven installed after handover as we purchased them ourselves.

Hi everyone. I am also building the Oxford with St Ives facade. How have you gone with the build? Are you happy with the home & service?
Related
7/05/2023
Facade column size (350 or 470mm) , Rendering or Stone or Ti

Building A New House

Dear Members I have to decide the Facade column size. My custom builder standard is 350mm with rendering, but i asked for 470mm plus stone or tiles and yet to get…

30/05/2023
share traditional gable roof facade with pillars having ston

Building A New House

traditional gable roof facade - Have you did the dark and light gray color combination in facade with gray stone in facade…

18/06/2023
Facade pillar tiling costs and recommendations in sydney

Building A New House

Looking to tile the facade pillars rather than rendering. Builder is quoting 2500$ laying cost for upto 10msq. The 2 pillars come to be 16msq. So laying costs are 5000$…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum