Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

costing plan

Page 1 of 1
was told buy a builder to roughly draw up a plan of what we wanted and they would cost it, haven't heard back from them and alot of other builders want you to pay $2000 up front before you have even decided who to go with. why is it so hard?????
Those builders are charging you for their time. Turning a plan on a napkin into a realistic house plan isn't just a 10 minute job.

ETA: just call the builder who is doing the plan for you and see how they're going?
thanks
for the reply i realise it takes time. we have brought a eco bush block which has a few restrictions so we can't go for a project home. so in a way this is a first for us once we know roughly the cost then we'll go from there
Shop around we found 4 builders that gave us quotes off plans we had drawn up at no cost, they where all able to give prices using there specs . There was also a big difference in price for the build between the builders of about $100,000 to build our house. It took each builder about 2 to 4 weeks to get back to us with a price.

Cheers Lou
finally had phone call back from tc homes, thats all i want for now to acknowledge they received my emails and will be in touch
Related
25/05/2023
Floor plan review

Building A New House

i thought the flipped plan initially but bec i want narrow pathway from entry to dining (dont like bend), also cannot fit the…

15/08/2023
How hard to change CDC plan for a brick veneer to double bri

Building A New House

depends on your council, some 1 day some 14 days

4/09/2023
Wide floor plan volume/semi-custom

Building A New House

Hi, Seeking volume or semi-custom builder in victoria(east), which have existing double story wide floor plans. Seeking 18-20m wide homes with depth of 12-15m long. Or…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum