Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Maybe stupid question....what comes next??

Page 1 of 1
OK my house is all bricked up, windows & doors in, roof is on............what comes next?? Insulation? Electrics? Plaster?

My build has been super speedy so far, hoping it doesnt slow down now....

Can anyone enlighten me or am I having a stupid moment?

Cheers
Caz
I asked my SS the same question this morning. The answer was finish pluming, pipes, electrical etc - should take about 4 weeks after roofs were finished, then plastering and after plastering - about 12 weeks.
ebyelyakov
I asked my SS the same question this morning. The answer was finish pluming, pipes, electrical etc - should take about 4 weeks after roofs were finished, then plastering and after plastering - about 12 weeks.

Thanks eb.
Went by today and see electrical cables everywhere and the ducted heating big tubey thingys are in so looks like its all moving on nicely!
Different builders do things in different orders - plus it sometimes depends which trades are available as to what gets done first. Sometimes they seem to do things completely @rse-about.

But yes, plumbing and electrical rough-in has to be done before insulation and plastering.
Related
28/07/2023
My builder made the wrong height door, what should I do next

Building A New House

i imagine you also have another contract with an architect? and yeah, whatever other's said about special conditions and appendices

30/10/2023
Running irrigation line under footpath (next to home)

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi all I am looking to run a water line under my concrete footpath which is directly next to my home, was seeing if this is possible without cutting the entire section…

16/01/2024
Carpet is your next rug?

Interior Decorating Lounge

Did you know that you can get rugs made from carpet? So much cheaper than buying a shop rug. So many styles to choose from, but you won't get the highly patterned…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum