Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our progress so far **updated 9/9**

Page 1 of 2
Hi all

I hope this works - I will try to post some photos of our house progress so far. The bricks have just started. So we have had the slab, frame, roof, windows, electrical prewiring, plumbing, and we have bathtubs!

Excellent!!

That roof looks absolutely fabulous.
I love the bathtub views

What colour is your roof? Windspray?
stonecutter1309
I love the bathtub views

What colour is your roof? Windspray?

The roof is dune. Depending on the time of day, it either looks really really light (when the sun is on it), or a light grey when it gets shade on it.
Hey bda20,

Looking good. If you can get the trees to grow on the left a bit, you could have open views from your bathtub. Something strangely enjoyable about that.
Wow - I never would have thought Dune (as the color chip looks quite dark).

Hmmm - another roof colour choice gets thrown in to the mix
3timesbuilda
Hey bda20,

Looking good. If you can get the trees to grow on the left a bit, you could have open views from your bathtub. Something strangely enjoyable about that.

Haha - yes we have talked about planting some trees down the back so we have total privacy!!!
stonecutter1309
Wow - I never would have thought Dune (as the color chip looks quite dark).

Hmmm - another roof colour choice gets thrown in to the mix

We were thinking about windspray, until I read a few posts on this forum from Michelle recommending the dune colour. We went and saw a few display homes with the same colour and decided to go with it. Our neighbours have jasper and woodland grey, so we wanted something different.
nice!

loks like a fantastic spot to build your home.
vanderlay
nice!

.....and no sheep
3timesbuilda
vanderlay
nice!

.....and no sheep

you cant have everything!
Looks great who are you building with and where abouts are you?
Law18
Looks great who are you building with and where abouts are you?

We are building with John Adderson Constructions (part of home design building group) and we are building in Cashmere (North Brisbane).
That's looking fantastic! Love the roof!
I love your roof line. Look forward to seeing more pictures. What about a floorplan or desciption of your zones interested because you have a wide house like our and as you probably know you dont see many of these houses around due to small blocks in brisbane.
Yes I agree Law18 - it was very frustrating when we were first looking through display homes to get an idea of what floor plan we wanted. Most houses are designed for small blocks.

Our house is basically split into two sides. When you open the front door, you see straight through floor to ceiling glass to our back yard. The left hand side of the house is all the bedrooms (4), study and bathroom and laundry. The main bedroom is on the far back side and has glass sliding doors, so we can lie in bed looking at the bush. The ensuite also has a window facing the bush.

The right hand side of the house is the garage, open plan kitchen, dining and lounge area; and the media room is on the front of the house. Our alfresco area with powder room is the same length as the lounge/dining (10m). We will probably also put a small concreted area outside the main bedroom. Eventually the pool will go between the main bedroom and the alfresco, so you will see it through the entry windows.
Sounds great, some similarities to our house especially the large 10m alfresco. Got to have a large outdoor area, our main bedroom will also be looking at the bush and we will eventually deck it, connecting it back through to the alfresco.
Can someone enilighten me on the blue / green finish to the timber frame? I have seen it near my place on a new construction, but hadnt seen it before? Is it a new treatment?.
Hi Adrian B

Its termite treatment
Thanks, I didnt know they did it on all timber, unless there are problems in that area?? You learn something new every day.

Thanks Law18
Related
22/02/2024
Latch too far from the frame to grab

Windows & Doors

The OP has gone The latch and striker are definitely not aligned but there was no point trying to help the OP understand that. Hence the reason they are no longer with us.

22/09/2023
Progress Payments - Flood rebuild

General Discussion

haha a draw? didnt realise we were battling!

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum