Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Slab: Need some opinion on it please. Must Read for newbies

Page 2 of 2
No issue there
Cheers onc, much appreciated
Hi Frogger - our slab is pretty much the same as what you described we also have alot of cracks but they are just hairline for now and the slab is pretty much white in colour now. We also have the reo exposed in hole in the concrete at rear of house, this has since been fixed.

B'jindalee - The bobcat drove on our slab when backfilling the dirt to the perimeter of house, there are some minor damage to the edge and top part of concrete but it's not big enough to be a major concern.

Site supervisor not fixing the honeycombs as he say it's normal. However, just in case he is wrong, I sent some photo's to the building surveyor in charge to have a look, so hopefully he will inspect the slab.

Here is how they fixed up the hole at rear of house.

Before:

After:

I hope this is the correct way to fix it.
Geez.... now that is what I call a hand trowel...

hmmm Would I be happy no
Hi all,

After contacting the building surveyor in charge and also emailing him with photo's attached about my concerns, he sent his inspector out on site to inspect. The inspector along with my builder inspected the site. Next day out of coincidence I met the building inspector on site he told me that he believes the slab is normal and doesn't believe it will cause any structural problem but to be safe he told the builder to get an engineer to check.

At the moment I'm waiting for the outcome.
Related
8/05/2023
Opinion on Ensuite layout

Building A New House

Thanks for the suggestion. The space between shower and sinks was too tight. I agree about the toilet location. So I have tried two other options: The lower one is…

27/11/2023
Opinion about Ceiling Moisture

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

these look like missing batts. Go up and take a look. But yeah moisure meter is a completely different tool

25/04/2024
Owner Builder : Need some help

Owner Builder Forum

Hi VK, Think it's worth investing time in an Owner Builder course to equip you with basic knowledge on Australian Building Industry and its regulations. Also, I suggest…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum