Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Rangehood ducted

Page 1 of 1
Hi

Who do i speak to when i need my rangehood ducted, start building on the 22nd.

Is best to duct outside or to roof???

If anyone has had it done roughly how much extra did it costs???

Coral wont do it so im guessing i speak directly to the builder???

Cherie
We arranged at Pre-start for our rangehood to be externally flumed and it cost us $192 for the pleasure...

We did this, as having worked in kitchens before, seeing the amount of crap that gets sucked up and dries is just gross and we didn't want that in our roof space. YUCK! I know it's not a commercial kitchen, but it gave us both the 'eerrrghhs' when thinking about it.
Blue
We arranged at Pre-start for our rangehood to be externally flumed and it cost us $192 for the pleasure...

We did this, as having worked in kitchens before, seeing the amount of crap that gets sucked up and dries is just gross and we didn't want that in our roof space. YUCK! I know it's not a commercial kitchen, but it gave us both the 'eerrrghhs' when thinking about it.

Hi. I have a doubt.. I assumed when i did the pre-start i asked for ducted ranghood and exhaust fan, which i wanted to the external. But I now noticed the drawings indicating Flumed Exhaust Fan Over and Flumed Canopy Rangehood Over. So i am confuse. Does this mean external ?? Rather between the spaces of the roof and the ceiling....
"Flumed exhaust fan" means it will go directly outside, NOT into your roof space. I am pretty certain kitchen exhaust fans & rangehoods have to be flumed by regulation, you can choose either way (flumed or unflumed) in other rooms such as bathrooms & WC's.
Thanks.. I was worried my builder will play the "word games" with me. ..As it also mentions over...I was kind of worried my roof tiles came up, and there is no indication. I guess they will do it when they install the ranghood and the exhaust fans...
Thanks.. I was worried my builder will play the "word games" with me. ..As it also mentions over...I was kind of worried when my roof tiles came up, and there is no indication of the exhaust. I guess they will do it when they install the ranghood and the exhaust fans...
Thanks.. I was worried my builder will play the "word games" with me. ..As it also mentions over...I was kind of worried when my roof tiles came up, and there is no indication of the exhaust. I guess they will do it when they install the ranghood and the exhaust fans...
Related
11/11/2023
Ducted air con zones

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hi all, sorting out the ducted air con for a 350sqm double story house. Does this placement sound reasonable to you? Also, I plan to have 6 zones I think. Living room…

11/11/2023
Ducted air con zones

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hi all, sorting out the ducted air con for a 350sqm double story house. I think i plan to have 6 zones I think. Living room (mainly for entertainment so not used often),…

16/01/2024
Ducted air con insulation question

General Discussion

Hi there I have a Panasonic ducted air con system.…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum