Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Final Invoice - Any suggestions?

Page 1 of 1
My house is in the final stages of completion.

I have had a few provisional amounts applied in the contract which are:
- $1000 for Rock Excavation.
- $650 for Rock Removal
- $2200 (double handling due to restrictive access to the site).

The double handling was to be charged if the adjacent block was being built.
If it stayed vacant (as it is now), the builder could use that for moving the stuff around to my block & I wouldnt have to pay for it.
Also, I haven't been told about the amount of rock found.

The question is - would the builder deduct this amount and make adjustments to the final total before sending the invoice or would I be expected to dispute this.

I am just a bit confused.
All suggestions appreciated.
All provisional amounts are worked out properly on the final statement. This amount can go up or down or stay as it is, depending on how much they actually spent on each thing. I'm pretty sure that because the bank (if you have one) needs to have the final amount as what is in your contract, the builder will send out the invoice to pay with that amount on it. You get your final statement from the builder which should break down all the amounts, you can then tell the bank how much you want them to pay, which can differ from the invoice amount.

If you disagree with any of the provisional amounts, ask for invoice copies to verify how much it came to.
Candylea
I'm pretty sure that because the bank (if you have one) needs to have the final amount as what is in your contract, the builder will send out the invoice to pay with that amount on it.

I dont think this is true, not how ours worked. Through good fortune we had a substancial credit back to us during our build. The final invoice had this variation shown on it, and the total money to be paid to the builder was less than the contract amount. No problems with having the final invoice paid through our lender.

Might work slightly different with prov. sums. but the same principles should apply.

From what I understand, whatever the amount is on the final invoice is what needs to be paid, you cannot instruct only part payment. This has to be right before you forward it onto your lender. There is no rule that states this cannot be less than what was in the original contract. I would expect your builder to make the nessesary adjustments prior to sending the invoice.
For my builder, what I said previously happens. I know because I work in the accounts department. It may happen differently in different builders. In the end, it all checks out.
Related
21/07/2023
Final Invoice vs OC

General Discussion

Hi, I am approaching end of the build. My final invoice will be given to me soon to pay. Some context before I ask my question. 1. My builder wont do the landscaping or…

20/06/2023
What's unreasonable to check during a final inspection ?

Building A New House

i would suggest nothing is unreasonable for PCI. we did all sorts, including checking the hot water, checking all the GPO's had power, testing that the showers were…

3/10/2023
Final payment for new build in NSW

Building A New House

regardless, your contract stipulates a payments schedule and SOPA doesn't give provision to that scenario. Your contractual terms appear to stand. Hence get a lawyer, it…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum