Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Please show me your woodland grey roller doors and windows:)

Page 1 of 2
Well after playing around with colours tonight, woodland grey has become an option for the windows instead of black (black is yet another upgrade).

I am however scared about them looking green which is something i dont want, so to those who have woodland grey does it have a really strong green tinge? And is it possible to post a pic?

At this stage the bricks are a brown colour - austral chocolate, black roof gutters and facias.

Thanks,
V
Woodland Grey definitely has a distinctive green tinge to it, hence the name woodland. If you're after a grey try Monument, but I have no idea what it would all look like together with your other choices. We opted for Monument on account of the green in Woodland Grey. Some people I'm sure can't pick it up but it's definitely there and is really obvious to me.
all the sand
Well after playing around with colours tonight, woodland grey has become an option for the windows instead of black (black is yet another upgrade).

I am however scared about them looking green which is something i dont want, so to those who have woodland grey does it have a really strong green tinge? And is it possible to post a pic?

At this stage the bricks are a brown colour - austral chocolate, black roof gutters and facias.

Thanks,
V

We have woodland grey on our roof and we can't see a stong green tinge. I know Bushland is a mixture between grey and green. I think many colours will change in different sunlight.
Maybe go to your nearest stratco or colorbond dealer and have a look at it there, the colors are never the same on a color sample or a computer screen. Or on the colorbond website they have a list of addresses of houses which have that particular color I have attached the link below
Where to see colorbond steel
Thanks for the responses, think im just going to do the upgrade to black! i definately dont want a green tinge, so i think this is the only option.
Thanks for the responses, think im just going to do the upgrade to black! i definately dont want a green tinge, so i think this is the only option.
Hi all the sand

Do you have a pic to post up yet? I'm intewsted to look at the choc brick combo and dark roofs, as we are thinking of something similar byt dont know how well it will turn out.

Cream
oze
Woodland Grey definitely has a distinctive green tinge to it, hence the name woodland. If you're after a grey try Monument, but I have no idea what it would all look like together with your other choices. We opted for Monument on account of the green in Woodland Grey. Some people I'm sure can't pick it up but it's definitely there and is really obvious to me.

Is there actually a Grey in Colourbond, thats just grey ??
for me I think Monument is bit tooo dark
Hi there
I have woodland gray everything, garage windows gutters downpipes
I HATE GREEN!!!!!!!!
Yes there is a green undertone however the colour is gray.
If I can figure out how to load photos Ill show you.
Kate
kateypink
If I can figure out how to load photos Ill show you.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=28598
Hoping this works for you

direct link for bigger view
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h81/k ... CN8661.jpg

ignore the cream poles!!!

direct link http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h81/k ... CN8662.jpg
kateypink - thankyou so much for your pics!! i cant really see the green in it at all on your pics even though i know it is there.

I wish to that there was a grey that was just grey mmmmm
I've got woodland grey roller doors, roof, & gutters and it's never had a greenish tinge to my eye. I suppose it depends on the other colours around it
all the sand
kateypink - thankyou so much for your pics!! i cant really see the green in it at all on your pics even though i know it is there.

I wish to that there was a grey that was just grey mmmmm

There is, it's called Monument
i agree our roof is barramundi grey which would be more a hint of blue if anything and they are fine together. If yous in melb im happy to pm you the address and you can look
I know there is monument but i think we were talking about a lighter grey.

Unfortunately im in SA but thanks for the offer!! and thanks again for the pics.
Here is our place. I chose woodland grey over monument because I think it will look better from inside with our white walls. Monument looked very blue. I think it really relies on the brick colour you chooose. I can hardly see the green.

What are you planning for the inside of your place?

Maxie
I've got woodland grey roller doors, roof, & gutters and it's never had a greenish tinge to my eye. I suppose it depends on the other colours around it

^ I agree. I also think it depends on the other colours around it.
If you are having black gutters and fascia, then I think that woodland grey will look greenish, in comparison.
i'm building a house that will have tinted windows, hence i would like the window frames to be a darker colour. i was thinking Woodland grey, and also a woodland grey colourbond roof. do u guys think the woodland grey is dark enough to blend in with the tinted windows, or should I go for the darker Monument colour , with Monument roof colour. Or go for black window frames, but either woodland grey or monument colourbond roof?

i was thinking of having creamy bricks, which i will render the front of the house a cream colour. does anyone have any suggestions as to a cream colour render i should have.

i was thinking of putting a paparbark garage door that have the slimline panels, and a stained timber front door. should i stick with paper bark or go for the darker woodland grey/monument.
i would like the colour scheme to stand the test of time so it doesnt look out of date in 10 years time.
i welcome any suggestions or comments to assist in a suitable colour scheme.
Related
2/03/2024
Flashing above doors and windows

General Discussion

Flashings over doorways and windows our carpenter has installed flashings that is buckled and short of the window frames and door frames is this right Is there a…

16/01/2024
Double glazed aluminium windows-doors- slimline?

Windows & Doors

I don't know them all, the first 2 top of your list are best known. Rylock is a good company, Stegbar is for sale.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum