Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

big "M"

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,

First of all I'd like to say hi and contribute if possible to the gripe about METR**** Homes. I am currently a customer of theirs and I will NEVER be again after the way in which they conduct themselves.

METR**** started building our $360,000 1 level home in January 2009...1 year has gone by, 4 different site managersand the house is STILL incomplete. Below are just a FEW of the issues which we have time-and-time again requested them to fix:

* Water Damage to our garage ceiling
* Big hole in the garage door (Lord knows how it got there)
* Chipped wood in our front door
* Immovable Sliding Doors to the Theatre Room

There have been periods (weeks!) when construction just comes to complete halt!

In my opinion their service is also utterly horrendous! Lack of Communication from ALL STAFF is poor.

Furthermore, just received a call today and we have a NEW SITE MANAGER...and apparently, building cannot commence as he DOES NOT HAVE A KEY TO GET INTO THE HOUSE...hence, we'll have to wait ANOTHER WEEK so that the locksmith can change all the locks...

Just, terrible...!!!

Will be posting photos soon...

Any suggestions on how to speed things up?

Thanks in advance...
What have you done up to this point? Have you taken your issues to higher levels? Have you been recording all communication? Have you been keeping a diary where issues & their outcomes if any, have been recorded?
I'm guessing you are in Melbourne, have you contacted the Building Commission about them? If not, that should be your next port of call
Southies
What have you done up to this point? Have you taken your issues to higher levels? Have you been recording all communication? Have you been keeping a diary where issues & their outcomes if any, have been recorded?

All communication has been recorded
All issues recorded, no positive outcomes AT ALL

How can I locate someone from MET***** on a higher level?

Thanks

lisanne
I'm guessing you are in Melbourne, have you contacted the Building Commission about them? If not, that should be your next port of call

Correct! I'm in Melbourne...

Thanks for the advice lisanne...will be contacting the Building Commission!
[quote="WindarraBundoora"]How can I locate someone from MET***** on a higher level? Thanks

Don't know about your situation but in ours, we had the Directors' & Financial Controller's names & contact numbers on our financial docs.
You can do a ASIC company search (costs about $20) [we used databrokers.com.au] which will give you the Directors contact details.

(All kudos for this info should go to Ms Builder who originally posted about it)
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum