Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

1: Building permit & 2: Ceiling insulation

Page 1 of 1
Hi All,
i had 2 questions,
1: I am building a new house, with land already titled and released. My loan has been approved and already received authorization to commence. I have the design approval from the estate lady (Plenty River) and the only thing remaining is the building permit. i had called up my builders to get an update if my details have been submitted for approval. Unfortunately they do not have any information as they have started work yesterday. Although while talking to the person, he mentioned that they do their building permits from a private surveyor. Correct me if i am wrong in thinking that building permits are supposed to be approved by the council.

2: I just recently learned about rebates related to ceiling insulation given by the vic govt for upto 1200$. now the person (my builders office) who i talked to apparently had no clue about this. I am still trying to contact insulationvictoria for more info, but anyone has done this while building a new house?

thanks in advance.
Cheers
The insulation rebate is only for houses older then 5 years, not new houses.
dirtbag
Correct me if i am wrong in thinking that building permits are supposed to be approved by the council.

No, a private surveyor can do them as well. Ours were done that way, as was our certificate of occupancy, IIRC.
Sweeeeet, Thanks!
Related
21/01/2024
Ceiling insulation batts distance

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Found the answer. The recommended distance is ....

7/11/2023
Block or Object to Building Permit?

General Discussion

No, not yet. It’s currently being assessed by our building surveyor

5/06/2023
OB in SA: Do you need a permit? recommendations

Owner Builder Forum

Looking to start the journey of becoming an owner builder in SA. Feeling pretty (overly) confident on the building and construction details, but really struggling to find…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum