Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our Places Fairhaven 23+ - What we've been up to....

Page 39 of 44
Thanks Carlswil, hopefully there will be very little to find come tomorrow
Good luck tomorrow Belial, I will have everything crossed for you that it all goes smoothly.
My PCI is tommorow too.. good luck mate.. hope its all up hill from here on!
Belial
Thanks Carlswil, hopefully there will be very little to find come tomorrow

Good luck Belial .......................
Good Luck with PCI! Fingers crossed for keys soon
Good luck with the PCI!!!!

You'll be fine.
I hope it all goes well today Belial
PCI did go well
we ended up with only 2 pages of faults

Though what was better was that about 90% of the paint issues had already been attended to.
We still found a couple which still need work, one of which is a whole wall that will be repainted.

Outside of that it appeared all the electrics work, roof insulation is in and finally we have the right handles in the kitchen.

20101130-IMG_9966 by Belial669, on Flickr

The main splashback is in, we're quite please with how its turned out though with nothing else in the house it is quite stark looking at the moment. Also you can see the bulkheads above the cupboards are in.

20101130-IMG_9965 by Belial669, on Flickr

So a few other bits and pieces still to be done but we are getting there, plumbers still need to come back to actually finish their job as well as change all our downpipes.
Congratulations. Your splashback looks fantastic. I love your kitchen cupboards and handles.
carlswil
Congratulations. Your splashback looks fantastic. I love your kitchen cupboards and handles.

Thanks carlswil
Its definately growing on us, just a bit of a shock at first given the rest of the house is completely neutral at the moment, though that will change once we get our Jarrah floors in and then all our mixed furniature etc.
But we're really happy with the benchtops and the lustrous elm.
LOVE the splashback! And LOVE the laminate
Hope you get the keys soon enough...
Splashback looks great Belial, congrats on finally getting through your PCI, hopefully everything on the list will be fixed up quickly.
Looking good! Love the splashback
Any news in relation to keys?
I think that the splashback gives a really nice "zing"to the kitchen!
Woohooooo! All looks great Belial! I especially like the fact that you guys got longer handles for the pot drawers
Good to see all went well belial, also i like your splash back looks real nice!
Aaron & Erin
LOVE the splashback! And LOVE the laminate
Hope you get the keys soon enough...

Thanks guys, we're really happy with it just can't wait to actually get some *stuff* in there

As for keys we're on a schedule but don't want to jinx it by saying when until we actually get them.

cous1981
Splashback looks great Belial, congrats on finally getting through your PCI, hopefully everything on the list will be fixed up quickly.

Cheer cous, hopefully the major items will get sorted today as they're mostly plumbing and come hell or high water the plumbers had better be on site today

ShelleyB
Looking good! Love the splashback
Any news in relation to keys?

Thanks Shelley, keys will happen.......hopefully before we have all our other items booked to start.
As re-scheduling is really no longer an option or it will put everything back to mid jan.

Deemaree
I think that the splashback gives a really nice "zing"to the kitchen!

Thanks Dee, I know how hard that must of been given its red and not green
but your right it really does give a nice zing of colour in an otherwise quite neutral colour scheme.

flagstaffIV
::
Woohooooo! All looks great Belial! I especially like the fact that you guys got longer handles for the pot drawers

Thanks Flaggie, hopefully we won't be too much longer, the extended pot draw handles are all my idea and I love them... he he

Johno
Good to see all went well belial, also i like your splash back looks real nice!

Cheers Johno, how did you get on? We ended up with 2 pages of faults
How'd you do?
Love the Splashback. nice colour combination. It is time to lay timber floor and driveway. Have you select the type of timber that you want to lay?
mm77
Love the Splashback. nice colour combination. It is time to lay timber floor and driveway. Have you select the type of timber that you want to lay?

Thanks, our timber floors we're doing with a seperate company after handover as the builders options weren't quite what we were looking for as we ended up going for solid Jarrah rather than engineered as well as we don't have to pay the 25% builders margin by doing it after handover which made it nearly the same cost to go with solid after handover than engineered with the builder.
Belial
flagstaffIV
::

Thanks Flaggie, hopefully we won't be too much longer, the extended pot draw handles are all my idea and I love them... he he

Hehehe.. nice one! Can't wait till you guys get in! Sooooo exciting!

Timber floor boards
Related
22/11/2023
Reviews on Fairhaven homes

Building A New House

We are looking to do a KDR with fairhaven homes, Have seen plenty of good reviews about them pre construction and plenty of negative reviews about them during contruction…

1/09/2023
Moving a chandelier after it has been mounted

Lighting + Lighting Design

Hello everyone, I have a question regarding moving a chandelier after it has been mounted. The chandelier in question is quite large, measuring 4 meters…

7/01/2024
What have been your experiences with building inspections?

Building A New House

You have mandatory building inspections and privately engaged building inspections. The difference between the two comes down to inspecting the building so it's safe and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum