Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Vundaful's House - Front Garden Update May 2011

Page 41 of 41
Oh V, that looks soooo awesome
, hope mine looks as good, still don't know what we're going to do
Woow! Looks really nice V!
looks great V. I love the retaining wall. great job promoting good garden practice with the gardeners direct soil stuff.
Looks fantastic, well done so far
Few more plantings in

We planted some Syzygium australe (yes... Bush Christmas... but we love it so!) and some matching topiary. The cercis tree has really taken off in the last week or so as the days lengthen and warm. Our grass has started to look a little more like a plant and less like a carpet - and it's finally started seeding in stress (poor thing). More Seasol!

I cant beleive you have grass V.

So exciting, dont you just want to roll around on it! Everything is looking so so good!
Hey V, did redink clean up your vanadium staining before handover?
Hi Peebs! Yep, they had a pair of fellas go around with a tank of bleach and get it all off. No traces of green left - it was on the day of PCI that they were doing it as I recall
Thanks V, was wondering cos it says in my contract that they won't take responsibility for vanadium staining
, ah well hopefully they get rid of it!
Hi everyone! House is coming along nicely, RedInk has been pretty good with follow ups too. Just thought I'd update you all on our front garden, which we have just finished plant-wise. We still have a bit of hardscaping to do (a water fountain + pebble path with pavers) but it looks done, more or less!

Here are the plants that we chose to fill in the garden bed (clockwise from top left). These are in addition to the Bush Christmas hedge/topiary and Chinese Redbud feature tree (which has its own thread, haha):
Dianella ensifolia "Silver Border"
Kangaroo Paw hybrid "Big Red"
Dianella prunina "Utopia"
Eremophila glabra "Kalbarri Carpet"
Patersonia occidentalis "Purple Flag" (native iris)
Phormium tenax "Bronze Baby"

Looks great v!
Looks great!! It looks like a normal street! Oh how I cant wait for my sand to go and look normal!
Hey V I'm building in the Helena valley views stage 2 and I was just wondering what your site works cost was ?
Hi Clarkey, this is going back awhile but our site costs were pretty low, not more than $7000. Our developer had levelled the blocks and built up the footing with construction sand and I believe that this played a big part in keeping costs down. I would assume that the new places going in up the road will be similar as the developers leave the blocks easy to access and build on
Thank you very much
No problems, and welcome to the neighbourhood! It's a great place if I do say so
Related
23/04/2024
NCC Changes Coming 1 May 2024

Building A New House

I engaged my builder in December last year and we’ve been working on preliminary drawings for last couple of months. I got a call from the salesperson this morning…

1/03/2024
Native garden plans

Landscape & Garden Design

Fig Landscapes has produced an e-book and native plant index, available for purchase from their website. It's a great resource, full of inspiration and tips. Another…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum