Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Has anyone built there own front fence??

Page 1 of 1
We are nearly at the end of our build and are considering building our own front fence so we can build exactly what we want and save a bit of money. Has anyone else done this? Also does anyone know how deep the holes have to be for a 1.2mtr fence.
Thanks
May be of help... http://www.mitre10.com.au/DIY-Central/M ... ber-fence/
Yep we have, using that guide in TDL's link. We had never done anything like it before and I think we did a pretty good job myself (it's still standing 11 years on), although we did have my sister on hand who had built several fences before. Just make sure that you don't skimp on quality materials though. We used treated pine, but it wasn't the best (couldn't convince DH to use the fineline pine) and the cross rails have warped a little over time.

BTW I was 8 months pregnant with second child at the time and did all the pickets myself, running in and out of the house during breaks in the rain...so if I can do it, any one can!
Up to 1.2 meters, hole should be 450mm deep minimum, up to 1.8 meters, hole should be 600mm deep minimum.

That being said, make them 600mm deep anyway if the digging in not to hard, even if it is, dig what you can, fill the hole with water and let it soak, when the water is gone, continue digging.
Related
21/11/2023
Has anyone built a home with Masterpiece Builders?

Building A New House

Hi All, we are starting to think of building with Masterpiece Builders in Victoria, has anyone had any feedback or experience with them

15/04/2024
AllCastle Homes has anyone built in 2023

Building A New House

Hi we are looking to talk to people who have built with them recently. We have signed mid range built contract but identified that a lot of things are not included.…

18/12/2023
Replacing front fence

Old Home Restoration / Renovation

Try your local council. They should be able to advise in regards ownership of next door dwellling and give advice as to what steps you have to take before doing any work

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum