Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Longridge Madison - lalala

Page 56 of 58
Looking forward to pics SW
xx
Soooooo... First, the update...

The builder has had people back working on various bits and pieces, and the house is mostly complete from a date of handover point of view. However, there are still some things not done such as completing the render repairs. To add to the "kill me now" nature of this frustration, we are just about up for our three month maintenance period. In probably less than a week from now. Suppose we'd better get our list together and organise to send it off to them! Will post it here once we have everything together.

The good news is that shadeform has been and gone several times over to organise the shade sails that we ordered to be attached to our pergola! The came, they measured, they left. They came again, they measured again, they installed some metal bits and pieces and they left. They came again and installed some shades!! Without further ado...

Mostly installed but only one operational...

The operational one!!

All operational =)

Being modelled by the leopard

Gratuitous leopard pic (because she ROCKS).
when I saw the first pic I thought they were blue!
(I guess that is what blue blue sky looks like)

they look fantastic. You are soooo going to enjoy being out there in summer now.
great job tradies.
(viewtopic.php?f=36&t=41308&p=620497#p620497
thread for the h1 gathering in June. Hope you can come)
That's so awesome! and the kitty is pretty cute too!

Cheers
C

p.s I have to laugh about your frustration with the 3 month maintenance... we're almost at our 6 month maintenance and still waiting for some things to be fixed from PCI! Words to the effect of being unable to organise a drinking session at a bar come to mind!

p.p.s congrats on the new job!
Looking good. Does the shade work on a remote?
2pais
Looking good. Does the shade work on a remote?

It can, but it costs considerably more. We opted to not have them motorised as we want them to be able to hook in with the Cbus system, which the standard motors that they supply will not. Also, the motor should be a reasonably simple setup so we figured it is something that we can research and install as an aftermarket thing, that way we can find something that WILL hook in with the cbus and we can program the shades to work fully automatically according to temperature, time, time of year, etc.

Thanks all on lovely comments as usual =) And Mrs. Rose, thanks on the grats! New job isn't quite defined yet - I have some leeway in determining what I want to do, and I haven't quite decided on that yet!! So the new job (same company) IS happening, I just don't quite know what it is yet. I've been already removed from the previous job that was making me miserable, though. YAY!!
SW- luuurv the shade sails! Can the leopard come to Sydney? Pweeeeessssss?
Deemaree
SW- luuurv the shade sails! Can the leopard come to Sydney? Pweeeeessssss?

me too!! And no =p
your kittay is awsome indeed!

those curtain patio things are a good idea SW, very swish
Im envious of your sails. They'd be ideal for our Northern side but probably not in the budget.
Thanks thanks thanks =)))

robin, they cost approx 3k-ish each, which is quite reasonable. If you want them motorised and waterproof you're looking at more like 15k each.
Everything's looking great , love those sails !

So how's the house performing in the heat ? All that insulation must be paying off now !
Thanks SW. I don't think we'll be buying them even at that price. We might go the canvas awning.

Hope you 3 and kitties are all well and enjoying your house.
somewoman, were you happy with your plasterers? If so, would you happen to know who they were or their contact details at all?
blueblueblue
somewoman, were you happy with your plasterers? If so, would you happen to know who they were or their contact details at all?

Our plasterers were excellent. Unfortunately, I have no way of knowing who they were, or of finding that out without contacting our builders to ask, and that is something that I really do not want to do. My apologies. Pipe may be able to further assist.
No probs somewoman. Thanks for that
Hi somewoman, do you have pics of your cat netting up? We keep rethinking our plans for outdoors. Our 4 have been only indoors except with the harnesses which they pulled the "my legs wont work anymore" trick. We will be on a mainish road and I don't want the risk. Miss 5 is too intelligent and would get out if she could but would have no road sense. Thanks.
Hi 16paws. I haven't put up the cat netting. Pipe and I have separated and I no longer live in the house. I'll assist him with the installation once he has the side fences installed, but this is his house now and up to him to provide updates.

FWIW, the net looks amazing. I think it will be a perfect solution once installed. I'm hoping we ordered enough spare that I can use some to create a safe outdoor space for Linden at my new home.

Apols I couldn't be of further assistance...
Hi Somewoman, I havent heard from you in a while. Hope everything is going well
Hi Jessie

Yep, think my previous message pretty well sums up how well it's all going.

Hope you're enjoying your new house.
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum