Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Newbie - with a non standard house

Page 1 of 1
Hi there everyone I'm new to posting on the forum but have been peaking on the site for the past couple of months for ideas etc. I have found it to be very interesting to see where everyone is at and how their build is going.

We are building on a bit over 4 acres of land and have a local builder whi has been fantastic, my sister in law is an architect and she did the concept design and our builder and I fine tuned it when I realised we had a bigger budget than I initially thought (longish story).

Anyway, I have been tentative to join the site as we have a house that looks "nothing" like those on the site to date, but am happy for everyone's honest feedback / opinions. We like it and that's all that matters.

Here's a link to our blog http://www.patmorebuild.blogspot.com

thanks Kain
hi kain, what a unique home! I'd be really interested to see a floorplan - I love that side photo where each room steps out just a little further than the last. Huge meals / family area too! Excuse my ignorance, but what is that material on the external walls? Is is Colorbond? I really like the polished concrete, we have a friend who is thinking of getting into that line of work - we have a sample of some polished concrete on our loungeroom floor that I just keep looking at!
Beautiful kain! Love the colours
and I love different. Looking forward to seeing more.
buzz
thanks dilla
Yes you are correct, it's colorbond, we call it our upmarket shed

I am tyring to figure out how to put the floor plan (which is a pdf) on "homeone" or the blog and am a bit technically challenged. I will keep trying.

our blog http://www.patmorebuild.blogspot.com

Kain
a really easy way of putting a pdf on is to open it up, press Print Screen (on my laptop, it's PrtSc - up the top) then open paint up and press Control + V. then save it as a jpeg and upload it like any other photo / jpg.
Thanks buzz

A big thank you dilla, I followed your instructions and worked well, I hope
. I have added the floor plan to our blog
. Thanks again for your help.

Kain

http://www.patmorebuild.blogspot.com
I love your house, very different to anything else i have seen on here and i am too a fan of different!!

Im also completely in love with your kitchen.......everyone on here has heard me going on about wanting a black gloss kitchen and yours is the first i have seen on here with black gloss cupboards...

Love it cant wait to see more pics.
Related
15/08/2023
Building Design Certificate Non-Compliance

General Discussion

From a pure legal perspective, if you've signed the variation, it is a very high bar to have it set aside. No-one can give you legal advice on a forum, but you would need…

12/02/2024
KDR - non-inclusions from Overseas

Building A New House

Thanks. There are plenty of builders around my suburb. I'll make sure to do some door-to-door knocking, or note their building details on the temp fence.

7/03/2024
Framing timber size needed for a double wall system in non-l

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

Long story short, a toilet room is going to back onto our main bedroom and I want to make it close to soundproof. Im going to build two frames (pretty much a room within a…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum