Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Boral Mocha

Page 1 of 1
Has anyone built a house using the Mocha brick from Boral? If you have, please please please post a picture so I can see how it looks on a house.

Or if you have any opinions on this brick, I would love to hear from you.

Thanks

Hey Wizard,

We built with Mocha:

http://staxhouse.blogspot.com/
We have about 9000 Boral Mocha bricks sitting on our block... bricking was meant to start Tuesday... but didn't

Stu's house looks awesome, hoping ours will come up the same
Hey Stu32, what house did you build and can you tell me what colurs you went with on the outside

Thanks
Hey Wizard,

So,

Builder - H3nl3y
House - Carnaby

Bricks - Boral Mocha
Mortar - Off White (Uber Important)
Roof - Bristle Classic Shingle - Charcoal
Windows - Jasper
Garage Door - Colorgrain Caoba
Spouting, Fascia - Monument
Down Pipes - Jasper
Rendered Section of Facade - Barn Rafter
Our brickies started this morning

http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac165/aaron4erin/DSC_0342upload.jpg

http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac165/aaron4erin/DSC_0343upload.jpg

They look great Erin!

Are you happy with them?
sarahq
They look great Erin!

Are you happy with them?
Very happy with them!
Happier if they did more today though
I left them around 1.30pm... and they didn't do much after I left
Just wondering, does anyone have any pictures of the mocha bricks but with darker window frames (maybe something like a woodland grey or monument)?? I'm contemplating this (with a lighter front door and garage door) but can't quite picture how it would look.

P.
aaron4erin
Just wondering, does anyone have any pictures of the mocha bricks but with darker window frames (maybe something like a woodland grey or monument)?? I'm contemplating this (with a lighter front door and garage door) but can't quite picture how it would look.

Yeah I am interested in this too, we have decided to go with woodland grey, but we don't know how it's going to look
Piper+1

P.
See pics above, the windows down the side of our house are black.
aaron4erin
See pics above, the windows down the side of our house are black.

I must be going mad... I was sure you had lighter windows. I think I've been looking at too many photos, I can't tell which way is up anymore

P.
They look great erin
hehehe, I know the feeling!

We have timber windows on the front facade, but the remainder of the house is black aluminium. I'll try and post some better photos tonight, and some more once the bricks have been cleaned. The bricks really do look great, I am slightly biased, but I really love them
aaron4erin
hehehe, I know the feeling!

We have timber windows on the front facade, but the remainder of the house is black aluminium. I'll try and post some better photos tonight, and some more once the bricks have been cleaned. The bricks really do look great, I am slightly biased, but I really love them

Uhh.. I think it was the timber windows that threw me.

I'm still undecided as to whether I like the dark windows or the light ones. I may just have to toss a coin.

P.
keep in mind what look you want on the INSIDE of the house. Although we LOVE the look of the dark on the ourside, we have chosen really light colours inside and therefore went with paperbark just because of this. We have seen a couple of homes with really light colours inside and the woodland grey windows and they look so dark! Some people really like this and some homes it really suits, but not for us. Just something to keep in mind that the inside will be just as dark
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum