Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our first home

Page 1 of 1
Hi All

I thought i should start a thread on our journey which will begin very soon. After numerous times being out bid on properties, we had enough and decided to build our first home.

We went into Devine on the weekend and put a deposit on a H/L package at Lakeside, Andrews Farm, SA.

The house we have chosen to build is the Bondi 135. The land is very small its only 300sqm. Unfortunately we don't have a choice on external colours
but the H/L package we decided on i think will look good. Here is a pic of the floor plan and the front

I shall keep you all up to date on the highs and the lows of our journey.

Cheers

Ads
Again congratulations! Look forward to hearing about your build.

I think its really strange how Devine dont let you choose your own colours, i think even inside they have colour boards you need to choose from. Although i guess it takes all the stress about having to try and match all your own colours together.

The floor plan looks great also!!
Yeah it is strange, and yes they do have colourboards inside
Hi Adsy, another one from SA here - welcome to the roller coaster of building!!

I like the colours in the photo, looks good. Are you haveing a double or single garage - looks a double on the floorplan but a single on the photo?

We did a house/land package too, with McCracken homes, they were more flexible with choices but several of the other packages we looked into were very tight on things like yours and offerred limited choices and no opportunity to change anything. Just depends on the building company, I think.
Congratulations on beginning the journey

I think Devine's colourboards are really good, I use to look at them trying to figure out colours for our house - yes it takes some of the adventure out of choosing yourself (but also the stress
) But you still choose all your furnishings/gardens etc so you can still individualise your house.
You have a good plan that makes good use of the space you have - which way will be North?
Helyn
Hi Adsy, another one from SA here - welcome to the roller coaster of building!!

I like the colours in the photo, looks good. Are you haveing a double or single garage - looks a double on the floorplan but a single on the photo?

We did a house/land package too, with McCracken homes, they were more flexible with choices but several of the other packages we looked into were very tight on things like yours and offerred limited choices and no opportunity to change anything. Just depends on the building company, I think.

We are having a single garage. Its double in the floor plan cause they didn't have one done with a single garage plan.
bluesteel
Congratulations on beginning the journey

I think Devine's colourboards are really good, I use to look at them trying to figure out colours for our house - yes it takes some of the adventure out of choosing yourself (but also the stress
) But you still choose all your furnishings/gardens etc so you can still individualise your house.
You have a good plan that makes good use of the space you have - which way will be North?

Yeah it does take the advantage out but one less stress, like you say we get choose our furnishings/gardens etc. In the H/L package a front landscaped garden was included but we changed that to upgrade to chrome fixtures in the house, rangehood, overhead cupboards in the kitchen, flyscreens. We have also included a cavity door in the lounge to make it into a 4th bed/study/my sanctuary lol.

North is on the Kitchen meals side. I was thinkin i might add a window near the meals wall to let more light in?
Definitely - having a window or sliding door on that meals wall if it is north facing would be lovely in winter - you will have a lovely bright kitchen which is always nice
Hey AdsySA,

I hope it all goes well for you! I have a friend building an investment property with Devine, she loved that she could just walk in and pick a colorboard and be done with it. Though she did say that if it was her 'own' home she wouldn't have been so happy!
Woohoo

We signed off the plans today. We made some alterations last week and they had the plans already too be signed off today. We had too make on little change on the plan and that was shift the TV outlet from the master bed too the lounge. Other than that everything went well. I will list what the colours will be.
Related
28/04/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Looks promising! Hope the weather holds for you.

3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

9/04/2024
First Avenue Homes Experience

General Discussion

Looks like they are still building.....

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum