Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Dollarz House.....a quick hello

Page 18 of 18
Hi Raj, it was the most simple thing to do. I've owned fish tanks before and never really had much luck.

Choose a water bowl that will house a few water plants, pond pebbles and even a few rocks/bricks to ensure your water plants don't blow over in the wind, and some fish. We also added some plants that you stick into the pebbles as you want to ensure you have a variety of plants such as 'oxygenators' and you may find this read helpful.
http://www.pondkoi.com/pond_plants_submerged.htm

Best thing to remember is that you need to get a bottle of chlorine neutraliser as you will kill your fish if you use straight tap water given the chlorine.

We set ours up in 1 day, had fish in it the same day-just ensured we use the chlorine neutraliser. We even have a few snails in the pond. Out of our fish x1 fish has died (we think due to the stress of the fish having arrived at the pet store that same day.

Don't forget fish food but naturally fish can live in something like this for a few days without fish food.

We are going to a few more water bowls/bird baths for the garden as they also attract birds.
Thanks Dollar

We defiantly giving it a go soon.

Thanks for the info.
Just wanted to pop in and say hello to everyone. It's been some time since I last logged on and I'm not even sure what made me log in now. I have been quite busy lately but hope to be on here a bit more often like I used to.

Fence for those who remember me talking about a long time ago....it's almost completed (yes it's taken ages to decide on something and to get it made)...I will post photos once it's completed

Welcome back ... you've missed a lot!!!
Thanks McLaren I can imagine I have
Hi everyone, I've been MIA for a while now. I've been busy....decided to do my Masters last year and with FT work and study it didn't leave me much time for spending time in the garden.

Some reminders for myself which I must post up soon:

Front fence
Lemon tree (it's looking great)
Nature strip

Hope to catch up with some familiar names soon.
Hi Dollar, nice to hear from you again. I don't come on the forum much anymore but saw this notification and just had to come say hello

Loretta
Awww thanks Loretta
Hello stranger!
Hi Dee!
Related
3/12/2023
Recommendations for quick and cheap updates for the exterior

Renovation + Home Improvement

1. Roof cleaning and paint - which colour do you recommend? I often see black/ dark grey in use these days but I would prefer…

8/06/2023
Hello to all of you. Any advice please?

Building A New House

A question. Im in Queensland and building a new home. We managed to reach practical completion 6 weeks ago but we haven't heard any date for handover yet. Who should we…

20/05/2023
Drainage down the side of house

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi HomeOne, I'm in the midst of landscaping a cat run down the side of my house, and the recent rains have me wondering if I need to install some sort of drainage. I've…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum